Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Giant Slug

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

SMU Punk
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2004 at 23:54 (GMT -5)

"In order to prove your valor you must kill a giant slug" Bah. Currently im hanging around the cavernous level hoping to get lucky with my illliterate dark elf barbarian. Any suggestions? Would the ID work better? Does the giant slug even show up on dlvl6? I really have to get the potion of literacy, or else its really gonna suck. Another quick question, can you wish for literacy? (it is a skill so I guess you should be able to...)
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2004 at 01:40 (GMT -5)

If you did the druids quest, you can find a giant slug pretty quick by hanging out on DD:7. I believe the big room's danger level goes up with your level, so if you hang around long enough a giant slug could show up there, though they are very rare monsters. There's usually a giant slug or two in the library, but I wouldn't go in there before level 30 or so (and you need 100 climbing anyway). Yes, you can wish for literacy, and dark sage corpses grant literacy, maybe some other wizard-type corpses do too.
SMU Punk
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2004 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

Did the village elder's quest because i wanted healing, who knew that jerk would assign a rare as hell monster.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6480 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2004 at 09:36 (GMT -5)

If you haven't done the pyramid yet go there. Lots of weird monsters generate on the top level. Yes, you can wish for literacy - but you just know you'd run straight into a giant slug right after doing it . . .
on another note, my last character killed about 40 of those bastards - with food preservation 100 - and not one of them left a corpse (acid immunity). dang
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6805 days, 4 hours, 1 minute and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 at 22:45 (GMT -5)

From my experience, giant slug corpses seem to be rarer than boar skulls.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Egg king
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 04:59 (GMT -5)

Go the dark sage corpse, its easier:)
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

you never find a Dark Sage that leaves a corpse when you need one :D
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 23:24 (GMT -5)

Somewhere I saw a list of what chance there is of getting a corpse from every monster. It doesn't seem to be in the guidebook. These percentages would be affected by weapons of hunting and food preservation of course, but the base chance for giant slugs leaving corpses was 1%. It's probably the rarest corpse in the game, I think everything else was higher.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4927 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

Ever found a vortex corpse? ^^
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

Constructs don't leave corpses (Gargoyles&Margoyles excluded). Although it would be nice to have a vortex corpse, which you could throw for the exploding effect, just like a fire crystal.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 at 15:15 (GMT -5)

I meant that giant slugs have the lowest chance of dropping corpses, out of monsters that do drop corpses.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5795 days, 12 hours, 11 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004 at 11:34 (GMT -5)

not sure did anyone say this already, but eat some dark sage corpses... they give literacy sometimes.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: