Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / Ancient Roguelike

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6190 days, 16 hours, 56 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 at 23:46 (GMT -5)

I used to have a game for PC... must have been made in the 80's. Anyway, it ran in DOS, was called "Dungeons & Dragons", and only had ASCII graphics. You simply rolled your stats randomly (for presumably a human character). It was a Shareware version of the full version, and three dungeons (Telengard was one of them) of the five available were playable.

There were creatures to kill aplenty, though the dungeons werent randomly generated, and could be mapped. There were fountains, which you could drink for a random effect, and doors you could find with four gems in them. You could try different combos of touching the gems, and if you got it wrong it would shock you and harm you. If you got it right though, you would get profane amounts of gold, and you could try over and over until it worked. The "shop" was outside of the dungeons i think.

Anyway, if anyone has a copy of this game (maybe even the full version) PLEASE let me know here. Thank you. :)
--<>||<>--
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1223 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2004 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

The only thing i can think of is D&D "Eye of the Beholder" for the nes or Snes... But im pretty sure thats not what your talking about

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 at 00:47 (GMT -5)

ask on the forums at www.the-underdogs.org
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5670 days, 14 hours, 36 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 05:02 (GMT -5)

My dad used to play that on the VAX 11/785 at his office many years ago. I think one of his co-workers had it on the IBM compatible; correct me if I am wrong but did little "roads" form after the PC moves? He kept getting eaten by a Homonculus.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Swiftfingers
Registered user

Last page view:

5695 days, 14 hours, 58 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 at 19:09 (GMT -5)

Wow, you posted on a thread that is almost two years old:)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: