Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Mage pre-crown gifts

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

6602 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

Any consensus on what would be the "best" first gift for a Wizard (sorry about the Mage thread title). Some options are:
robes of resistance
"Nature's Companion"
"Ironfist"
ring of immunity
bracers of war
I tend to think bracers as the first artifact/gift, but I'm looking for opinions.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/14/2004 at 10:37 (GMT -5) by arkflash]
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6826 days, 17 hours, 35 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

I would rule out the BoW, since you could most likely get them on D:49 for using a PoU.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 16 hours, 38 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 15, 2004 at 08:44 (GMT -5)

If we're talking about random drops/precrowning(that should be random) you're just as likely to get BoW at D:49 as any other random/non-guaranteed artifact. And he said best first gift/artifact, I think it's quite unlikely that the D:49 uselessness gift is your first artifact ;) (in fact, it's impossible)

Wizards tend to be fragile early on, so getting regeneration early could be helpful. Also, early on you'll probably not find enough spellbooks to kill everything solely with magic, and BoW make you hit critical hits more, allowing you to kick more ass in melee. Don't the BoW also have the lucky intrinsic? I like luck. I like the BoW. Umm...

What's that one amulet that gives regeneration? Preserver? That's a very good artifact too.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/15/2004 at 08:44 (GMT -5) by J.]
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4932 days, 3 hours, 23 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

It is Preserver. And having either it or BoW really keeps you alive in early game. I love them both, too bad that one rarely can get either of them.

Uselessness gift is rarely useful in that time. You usually have everything you need then. I've actually never got anything that I've used. Maybe sometimes Crown of leadership or Nature's companion.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: