Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Unicorns

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4910 days, 1 hour, 34 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 15, 2004 at 06:21 (GMT -5)

What is this?

I was wandering in the wilderness and suddenly: "You meet a white unicorn. Do you allow him to accompany you (Y/N)" or something like that. When I pressed Y, he came with me, was neither hostile nor tame. Left him to Yrriurs'. Then another unicorn tried to accompany me, this time I refused. And it kept happening all the time.

This has happened to me in several games, but why? I have always been at L50 when it has happened. It is of some use and why does it happen?
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5635 days, 14 hours, 48 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 15, 2004 at 08:51 (GMT -5)

You've most likely done a dive in the ID when lawful(not sure about neutral). White unicorns are generated nonhostile if you're lawful(neutral?). Not nonhostile that they haven't noticed you, but nonhostile meaning pretty friendly. The game treats these friendly monsters the same way as it treats companions, meaning if you leave one behind in the wilderness you'll likely meet them later on. The ID works the same way: friendly monsters(such as unicorns) left there will be roaming the wilderness later on and you'll be meeting them. It's probably a bug, I don't think it's intentional that the ID is similar to the wilderness in this case.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4910 days, 1 hour, 34 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 at 05:01 (GMT -5)

Yes. I made a dive to ID, to get Filk. Thanks.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
pernicion
Registered user
High Pernicion

Last page view:

6194 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 at 04:40 (GMT -5)

I had this happen recently.

Encountered a Stone Giant in the wilderness.

He joined me.

I named him something stupid.

Soon, my unholy aura scared him and he fled from me in the wilderness.

After that I twice encountered the same named Stone Giant before I was eventually killed.
The kobold cringes in pain

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: