Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Time for some good Advice

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Reverend PrOHna
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 at 19:21 (GMT -5)

im about as far as i ever get. trying for the RoHK.
lvl 19 Gnome Elementalist. what should my stats be at around now? ive got my tougness at 24 and im wondering how most people go about raising that since ive already done all i can do with herbs? and what should my attack power be at by now? ive got about +31 to my hits.

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 at 20:50 (GMT -5)

potions of toughness, herbs herbs herbs, eating undead corpses... can't think of anything else immediately.
Reverend PrOHna
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 at 11:11 (GMT -5)

im afraid to try drinking the pools in darkforge right now so around what levels in the ID should i be looking for an Aols? and how good of an idea is it to look there?
Reverend PrOHna
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

i figured going down here is at least good for the potions and what not im finding.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6480 days, 13 hours, 30 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 at 16:13 (GMT -5)

you can get your toughness to 25 with morgia roots. Just eat a crapload of them and it will go up eventually.
with a gnome (long lifespan) you should have little to fear from pools and lots to gain - it's the only way to get a chance of intrinsic paralysis, death ray or petrification resistance. The worst that'll happen is you'll lose some elemental resistances (easy to get back) or teleport control (ditto, but a bugger if you have teleportitis)
my preferred way of scumming the ID is to go somewhere moderately deep (with your character I'd say no deeper than I:30 at the most) and go up & down stairs until a tension room is generated.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Zach
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 at 03:24 (GMT -5)

If I eat LOTS of morgia roots at once, does toughness go up till 25 over time?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 17 hours, 6 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

The Guidebook says:
"Eating 2 morgia roots, any status, will train toughness. Eating 4 morgia roots, any status, will also train willpower. If the stats are already at their potential maximum, 8 morgia roots are required. Eating more than 8 at once is a waste of morgia roots."

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1198 days, 6 hours, 57 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 at 13:40 (GMT -5)

Trolls require double the ammount of herbs to be effective, just had to point that out :)
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 at 17:50 (GMT -5)

bless your roots, cost is cut by .5....fyi
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Andys guide is quite clear... as to blessed, uncursed and cursed <status wise>...on all herbs, there is an extensive section
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4928 days, 5 hours, 13 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 at 15:21 (GMT -5)

NEVER eat unidentified stomaemptica herbs. Thats all i have to say about those plants.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4871 days, 7 hours, 49 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 at 21:09 (GMT -5)

I love stomfillas. They're so light, and they're so good... It's loads of fun when you have a druid who gets a herb level on UD:2 or something.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5167 days, 1 hour, 47 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 at 18:33 (GMT -5)

I think I need to dispel some rumors here =)

Morgia roots have the same exact effect no matter what thier B/U/C status is. Also, trolls have the same increases as anyone else, and do NOT need to eat more. Technically, you can eat 11, on average, before they stop adding any more training to toughness (it's a lot more for willpower).

Eating morgia roots will train toughness and willpower if they aren't at 25 or more. If you eat a whole bunch (go ahead and eat more than 11 in case the die rolls were against you) while you're at 24, you can potentially increase it up to 26 or 27 from the leftover training.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5114 days, 45 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

What I usually do is get wi and to as high as can go naturally, then get sick to raise it more.
How well does this work?
Is it enough to eat morgia when stats are lowered, or must I wait for the increase to happen before removing sickness?
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5167 days, 1 hour, 47 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 04:15 (GMT -5)

You can remove sickness as soon as you eat the morgia roots. Basically, the training is not applied at all if your stat is over 25, so anything that makes it less than 25 (equipment, sickness, starvation) will work.

Willpower is only trained 50d10 (average of 275) so it'll actually take about 18 roots to max out your willpower training, on average. *Max only applying to herbs; other training sources can technically raise it higher, though 5000 is enough to guarantee a raise to your willpower celing (when it's already maxed) at 40 willpower ;)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: