Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Wizards

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Reverend PrOHna
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

okay after a very frustrating death with my Gnome Elementalist im gonna give grey elf wizards a go for awhile. any good early to mid game strategies?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3896 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 at 03:08 (GMT -5)

if you have a good bolt spell, such as acid bolt and have enough death to enter the bugvillage then go to Terinyo and buy a few rations for the trip and get a greater claw bug as a first kill and kill about two or three of them and you will be ~lvl 10 or more.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

357 days, 9 hours, 17 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 at 06:59 (GMT -5)

Though this would eliminate the chance to save the puppy and to kill Karanch...
Iridia(u)
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

Not necessarily. The Kranach quest is easily taken with a 1st-level elementalist, and the puppy is generally too dangerous for most spellcasters anyway.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

My best tip for wizards.
1) Go to tera, read the book(s) you started with, equip the rings and weapon you got. Check out which potions and scrolls you got as well. Buy one or two rations. Get quests, and be sure to get the druid quest.
2) Go to Lawinthewall, get first your first kill (mugger or beggar) and get the pick pocket skill. Walk over the items in the shop (for id-ing stuff)
If you feel lucky:
3) Do small cave, get blanket, dive down VD, visit the HMV, sell stuff from VD in the shop, buy some goodies, and youre set
If you dont:
3) Go to the ID, stay at levels 2-3, walk around and kill stuff, pick up spellbooks. You can do this indefinately, and get a lot of spellbooks. Also you can go to druid dungeon and look around for altars and stuff, but do not go to level 7.(yet). Keep building power slowly, read all books you get till they crumble. You can at level 7-8-9 go to the CC and dive down to arena to buy the cooked lizards, then go back to ID.
Do the puppy cave. Hopefully youve found an altar by now. Get percrowned. Go down to level 7 in the druid dungeon, kill black druid (with magic missile). Fire a few fire bolts over his corpse to cook it. Give it to druid for a nice potion. If you have frost bolt at this point, take knowledge. If not, take power(just to be sure).

General gameplay: Try to find a spear-class one handed weapon, and get a shield. Use spear on weak monsters to build skill. Take hits from low mobs to build shield skill. Zap any monster you arent totally sure you can take out hand to hand. Rest up power points if low.
Live to nuke another day.
Skills: Build up concentration first, then healing. Drop one skillpoint in pick pocket, and start to use that to join thieves guild.
With enough bolt spells from ID you are invincible. And do remember to use them, it trains mana. Wizards get a lot of books.

Luck
raven1 ref molach
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2004 at 17:48 (GMT -5)

good advice and long... geez as a wizz i skip the smc till i have invisibity and teleport, <it gets nasty in there> othrwise, good advice
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6517 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 at 03:23 (GMT -5)

I mostly tend to start a wizard by just trying the SMC. I think that the blanket is really usefull for book-carrying wizards.
Then get the pickpocket skill.
After that i go for the village dungeon, puppy cave (even after day 4). And then to the ID until i find Strength of Atlas spell, i love that spell, it solves all food and carrying problems. And, it gives you a goal to not get you bored while leveling till level 12+ so that you're more safe when going for the big dungeon.
When i've found that one i head for dwarven village and see what happens :D
Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6831 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

I just kill a mugger or beggar, then hang out in the first two levels of the ID until around level 6, then clear the DD except for DD:7, and get the cute puppy corpse. At that point, I kill Hotzenplotz and go straight to the CoC to save up money for Detect Traps. When I get it, I kill Yergius.

Right now, my grey elven wizard is level 14 and looking for spellbooks and displacer beasts.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4936 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 at 12:42 (GMT -5)

Don't kill him before you have trained climbing and some stealth. Both skills are essential for the library. And every wizard simply MUST go to the library.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6831 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 at 18:50 (GMT -5)

I'm working on that. Right now, she's level 17 and looking for an AoLS. Once she somehow manages to get 100 climbing and stealth, I'll visit the library. I reached day 90 not too long ago, so I'll see if I can't get the weight corruptions.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: