Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / True Strength

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4910 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 at 01:02 (GMT -5)

I tried ( a long time ago)a Paragon of Order game with a hurthling paladin, (he was a complete cheater), never breaking any laws, still I somehow didn't got the girdle. I just thought that I could try it again, (without cheating of course ;), but I want to know exactly what do you need to do and what you mustn't do to get it. Do you have to save the puppy or Blup or something else goody-goody. And of course you mustn't break any laws. And you probably have to be crowned L+ as well.

Btw, has somebody ever got it?
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
WiredLain
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

6627 days, 18 hours, 41 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 at 04:49 (GMT -5)

Yeah, there's been one semi-reliable report of a player (Varkoill) legally getting True Strength. Requirements include never trangressing any laws and never allowing lawful creatures to die, no matter what the cause. This means you MUST save Khelly and Kenny. Refer here for Varkoill's account, and here for a discussion of the requirements. Sorry, couldn't find a way to prettify the html.

I'm gonna work on getting True Strength after I finish my first ultra ending, which should be in about a week. Let me know how your char does...

[Edit:] "fixed" the obscenely long URL's :P
A little light as sole religion

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 11/22/2004 at 05:18 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 17 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 at 05:15 (GMT -5)

Regarding long URL's:
This one can be handy (although somewhat cryptic):
http://tinyurl.com/

A better laternative us to use the URL/LINK tag (read the formating help for details), to make "custum" links instead of using the "raw" url.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5737 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2004 at 08:02 (GMT -5)

The puppy's neutral not lawful, so you don't have to save it.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4910 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

Thanks. I'll try it, after my, er.. 'Test week' in school is over ;). I'll have an english test tomorrow ;), suppose I ought to read something for it.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4927 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 at 16:27 (GMT -5)

What better way to practice you english then at these very forums?

Dang, not letting any lawful creature die? Thats even harder than not killing a cat.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
WiredLain
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

6627 days, 18 hours, 41 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

I'm not too sure about the lawful death requirement. Another thread I read said that no non-hostiles can die. That means you can't attack any creature that doesn't care about you, or let them die in any way, regardless of alignment. If that's true, that makes getting the girdle like a billion times harder. A lot of people have made it to D50 without trangressing any laws but still didn't receive it.

The only lawful monsters in the game that are generated on hostile levels are blink dogs, dwarves, Ki-Rins, and if you're unlucky, solars. I've never seen a Ki-Rin in over a year of Adom. The blink dogs are the biggest problem. If you're lawful, they'll probably attack a moloch and die. If you're not, they'll summon their buddies and you'll have to kill one.

Varkoill's account should be taken with a pinch of salt, because he states that he sacrificed at a chaotic altar. That, afaik, should be a chaotic act...
A little light as sole religion
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 at 09:50 (GMT -5)

Maybe sacrificing at a chaotic altar doesn't affect your alignment if you're already chaotic.

If it's so hard to get the girdle, how does anybody even know about it? I doubt you could get it by accident.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4927 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 at 15:53 (GMT -5)

Maybe someone tried to play a gooodie-goodie game, succeded and had enough luck to not let anyone lawful die? Stranger things have happened.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: