Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / Adom YaSD stories

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
FreakyM
Registered user
Currently lv8 Dark elf Necro

Last page view:

6701 days, 20 hours, 11 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

Well, put simply, I started this thread because a certain friend of mine told I have a great imagination, and well, the idea is, you tell me how your PC(s) died, and I´ll try to write a quick,funny story about it.
"Do you want to dive into the water? (Y/n)
"Do you want your junk identified?"
(Y/n)
And then I first realized what a "Glowing Wand" is.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4936 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 at 07:00 (GMT -5)

Well, I had this wannabe archamage who was recharging some wands and he accidentally overcharged my wand 'a bit'. It exploded bringing my hp from 700 to -300...
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
FreakyM
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 at 07:04 (GMT -5)

Whew, that came fast. Hmm..Wannabe-Archmage, you say? Ok, here we go..

It was a nice, sunny day in the Drakalor Chain. Two less nice mountain Trolls were arguing over a rotten piece of meat, when suddenly a loud scream echoed from the valley below. "Holy Shit!" The world flashed white and a large, mushroom-shaped cloud could be seen rising from the once-peaceful valley. after the dust had cleared, all that cold be found was a charred skeleton, still standing in the middle of the valley, holding in its hand a charred wand.
The trolls dropped the rotten meat and scuttled towards the skeleton. "Mmmmm.. Crunchy bones. Grukh like it Crunchy"

Waddya say?
(Y/n)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/2/2004 at 14:24 (GMT -5) by FreakyM]
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 at 01:01 (GMT -5)

:D Write another.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 at 03:51 (GMT -5)

I once had a promising lv 19 Human Fighter lock himself in the dwarven mystic's sensory deprivation cell. I didn't want to wait for him to starve to death so I kicked a wall until I broke my leg and died, but you can have him starve.
BTW it's nice to see my neglected forum getting a little activity... :)
ivan.sourceforge.net
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 at 04:31 (GMT -5)

I had L50 dark elf mindcrafter who visited the library. He got the weird tome. On his way up, he got Bracers of War from a dragon. I was sure there is nothing that could stop me (St 99, I had TotRR, pole-arms L14, soon grand mastery, very good equipment). And on the next level a gorgon was waiting for me behind a corner. I didn't have petrification resistance nor invisibility. Oh I had amulet of petrification resistance but I didn't have time to wear it. I didn't have even time to SEE it, before I was petrified.
FreakyM
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 at 09:52 (GMT -5)

Redgar was furious. Almost for a whole day he had tried to bring down the walls of his cell,using all the might at his disposal. But after 347 kicks, the first 300 made with his Blessed Boots of Kicking Down Dwarfmade Walls, which broke, There was´nt as much as as scratch on the cold rock. Tired, he gathered his strenght for a final kick.
KA-CRUNCHA!
He felt a Horrible Pain as the bone of his right leg shattered to pieces. He fell on his back to the floor, and as the world slowly slipped into darkness, The Grim Reaper appeared next to him.

"Well, I *have* seen many weird cases, but congratulations, you must be one of the most stupid customers I ever had."

SWISH!

"Have a nice eternity, Jackass!"
(Y/n)

Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2004 at 13:49 (GMT -5)

So, waddya say, funny enough? That was a hard one to write about, but I´m pleased with the result.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2004 at 23:38 (GMT -5)

nice
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Quvean
Registered user
The jack of all trades

Last page view:

6803 days, 2 hours, 38 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

I had a lvl 17 trollish ranger, with some very good equipment, skills, weapon masteries and also some spells. I also had saved Khelavaster. So, I had just got the elemental orb of water. Now, it was time to get The Ring of the high kings. My bridge building skill was still kinda low, and I didn't have a hatchet with me ( I had stored it to my " house " in high mountain village ), so I decided to use my wand of cold.

I found the tomb, used wand of cold couple of times and stepped to the icy bridge.

But I had forgot ONE thing.

My eq weighted over 3000 stones+ my chars weight 523 stones.

* Noises of shattering ice *

ARG.
The smurf punches through your armor and hits you. You die...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/8/2004 at 09:07 (GMT -5) by Quvean]
FreakyM
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 at 02:37 (GMT -5)

Ok, The mindcrafter is a good one, but hard to make, I´m working on it.. But In the meantime, here´s a little (piranha) snack for you guys:

Brukh had smashifyed and obliterificated (Those huumans always used so hard wordses) many things, and he had found many shiny things. He had a pretty (bloody,that is) club, and he liked the sound that the skinny humans without skin always made when he crunchified them. Now he had found a pretty blue stick, and he tried to wave it around. To his great amazement, a blast of ice froze a bridge over abody of wate rhe had discovered in this dusty cave.. Brukh was so excited about this new path, that he immediately rushed towards the island he could see in the middle of the pond.

Crack.
*break*
SPLASH!

"Ooohh.. Little fishieses..Ooh.. they is tickling me..no..that HURTS! OW! ARRRRGH! GET OFFA ME!
AAAIIIEEEERRRRggghhhhh....."
(Y/n)
Portrait
Quvean
Registered user
The jack of all trades

Last page view:

6803 days, 2 hours, 38 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 at 02:54 (GMT -5)

Your friend was right, you've really got a great imagination! ^^

( Pretty blue stick. Lolz ) xD

Mind if I throw another one?
Do this after the mindcrafter story is ready or I eat you! >:((

I also had this lvl 15 dwarven weaponsmith, with some eternium(!)-made items and couple of artifacts ( HAMMERHEAD!!! YAY!!! :D )
I was going to kill Hotzenplotz to get my Alignment to L+. So I was standing at the entrance of his room, casted a wand of acid and noticed that I had used the last charge. Well, no big deal. I still got this wand of MAKIKAL MISSILEZ.

The bolt bounces! ZZZTTTT!

Ouch! Well, I still had 12 Hp left... I better take him out in melee.

You miss Hotzenplotz, the crime lord. Hotzenplotz, the crime lord, hits you. You feel poisoned! You die...

The smurf punches through your armor and hits you. You die...
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

I once had a guy, probably a grey elven wizard, who liked to throw death rays around. I'll admit it, he was hacked, so all his stats were 99 and stuff. Once he came accross a vault of big monsters. Due to stealth they hadn't seen him yet, so he lined up a great shot to take out three or four of them, let go with his Death Ray, which sliced through all three... bounced off the wall... came back... and killed me.
FreakyM
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2004 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

Sorry, no hacked character accepted. The loss of such one is not grievous enough, and thus does not make a fun story.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 06:27 (GMT -5)

K, well, how about my high elven fighter that starved to death after retrieving the Water Orb, trying to come up for more food while having 4 or 5 artifacts equipped? (This was before I knew that artifacts sped up hunger)
ivan.sourceforge.net
FreakyM (Quick)
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

Well, making this quick, Ill be back making more fun stories soon, a bit in a hurry..
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6607 days, 9 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

This thread inspired me to also add a short story. I hope you don't mind.

Ha, she got him! The foul and undescribable creature in front of her was bleeding from many wounds, countless arrows were sticking out of him. A few whacks with her red shimmering trident would end chaos once and for all! She was fast. She loved her boots that made running so easy. Never would she change them for the crappy gift from her God with that fancy name "boots of the divine messenger". 'Divine Messenger, yeah, right.' With her boots, that were also looking much prettier, she would deliver the message of his unevitable death much faster to the Chaos God.
Swish!
Ha, he couldn't even hit her due to her lightning-fast reflexes.
Whack!
"This didn't hurt, vile creature. Your end is upon you! You would have to hit me a hundred times, with me not moving! Ha ha!"
"WeLl ThEn, i WIlL!"

(This was an overly confindent stupid drakeling monk with no source of paralyzation resistance, who almost became an Avatar of Balance.)
demented_yam
Registered user
yaaarrrrrghhhh!

Last page view:

6940 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

here, this is just copy/pasted from the 'unspoken causes of death' thread

enter a room

see about 50 monsters

cast acid bolt

get surrounded

cast acid bolt

get down to 10 hp

for some reason, i ran down the hallway that i *didn't* know what was at the end

find door

door is locked

kick door

[take a guess] *KABOOM*

you are dead
FreakyM
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 at 08:56 (GMT -5)

Believe it or not. I am back, with lots of spare time. I hereby officially declare this thread resurrected!

So, lets continue making fun of your character´s tragic and useless deaths that could have been easily avoided!
(Y/n)
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 9 hours, 31 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 at 00:56 (GMT -5)

I was trying to find an AoLS and then I got the "unholy aura" corruption. Then I walked into the village at the start of the game. My char couldn't or could barely see Muncip. Then he got angry and I killed myself after (I didn't think it was possible for a char of my level) slaughtering everybody in the town.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6122 days, 22 hours, 44 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 at 18:36 (GMT -5)

Promising human barbarian (Cobren), found a longsword of devastation and a good shield, was attacked by a harpy> she sang and he fell asleep - *but then* the harpy stood on a trap and all these pit vipers jumped out and attacked and killed *Cobren* while he was fast asleep... that sucked
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Torte
Registered user
Hooray

Last page view:

6656 days, 6 hours, 56 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 at 21:24 (GMT -5)

There was once a ranger, named Haha. He was of course made fun of for that name as a child, but regardless, the gods wanted him named that. When he later killed a Kobold, he was renamed HahaKobold by the gods. This, of course, just for the hell of it. No one would ever have any use of naming themselves after their first kill. Regardless, such was his fate.

It was all looking good until he one day encountered a barbarian, who wanted him to do just that. In cheer appreation and the fact that he was berserking, he attempted hugging the barbarian but instead hit him with his sword and hammer. Woops. Of course, the Barbarian did not take lightly on this and quickly made away with HahaKobold, because you see he was low on health after an escape from a steel golem in Darkforge.
AnonPoster
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

Because I think that this thread is really neat and probably shouldn't die, I'll do one of the easier ones.

"Easy," said the Grey Elven wizard to his pet dragon, "It's easy to achieve ultimate power. All you need to do is be born in the powerful 13th month, which grants one super powers. For example, I, the great Jarnicol, and the most brilliant person on the planet, can break rocks by simply waving at them, walk through a wall of arrows and dodge every one, and out-talk every creature in the Drakalor Chain! I'm also pretty good looking, if I say so myself."

The ancient red dragon raised one scaley eye in exaggerated impressement. With his incredible perception, Jarnicol knew his pet was faking it.

"Oh, so you don't believe me? See those three chaos wizards? Ala-Kazam!"

A bolt of black energy shot out of his fingertips and struck the wall adjacent to him. Fazoom! It bounced off and sliced through all three mages. Fazoom! It bounced off another wall.

Then, it suddenly occured to Jarnicol that, despite his 99 learning, he had no knowledge of basic geometry whatsoever.

Fazoom! It bounced off a third, and was sent flying towards the wizard. Fazoom! Dead wizard.

The dragon shrugged and walked away.
AnonPoster
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 at 20:01 (GMT -5)

I think that went over pretty well. Until FreakyM comes back, I'd like to take a shot at preserving this thread.

So, does anyboy have a YASD they want to share?
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 at 13:57 (GMT -5)

ouch! Just look above for unfinished YASDs. Here is another one, I dropped all my potions on the steps to the BDC and got the poison hands corruption while down there. I used the corruption to finish my quest (and a lot of dragons) and the returned to the surface to pick up my potions without thick gloves and drink some PoCC...
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
AnonPoster
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 at 22:05 (GMT -5)

Thank you. It is a pleasure to see people enjoy a mauling. :)

---

The final Blue Dragon fell. Wesnoth smiled and folded her hands. She made sure not to touch herself, for the power of chaos had warped them into poison dripping monstrosities. She had to eat with thick gloves and thicker nerves, or die from the pain. But it was not all bad. The dragons were no less vulnerable to the danger than she was. At least 50 died from the poisons.

She ripped off a piece of the corpse to show her employer and began trecking back. There were several flights of stairs, which weren't the most enjoyable thing to climb when you were tired. Angrily, she kicked one stair and thanked her lucky stars the place didn't come falling down. Which wouldn't have been so bad, since it would have utterly destroyed the ChAoS gate.

Just before reaching her stash, the powers of ChAoS kicked in. Before she knew it, pretty flowers sprung from her face. Wesnoth gritted her teeth and finally made it to the stash. There, the ChAoS preventing juices could work their effects.

Her hand grasped the potion and brought it to her mouth, when she suddenly realised she had no gloves on. Too late: by that time, the liquid had turned green and worked it's insidious effect. Wesnoth died before hitting the ground.

The Elder Karmic Dragon had a moment of silents before nicking her stuff.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

ty, that's annoyingly accurate to the details of the story :P .

PS: its Ancient Karmic Dragon not Elder Karmic Dragon(used to BFW?).

-Maelstrom
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 14:21 (GMT -5)

-Maelstrom
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

-Maelstrom
AnonPoster
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 23:05 (GMT -5)

Thanks. Making fun of a persons horrible death is easier than I thought. ;)
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: