Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / Mutation setup

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 18 hours, 45 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2004 at 17:54 (GMT -5)

OOC: Non-ADOM RPG, anyone is welcome up to 4 people (plus myself).
Yeah, i figured I might as well make another one since there's at least a little traffic here; hopefully some folks are interested in this.
Background: You're mutants. Sorta X-Men style, but not really. For the most part the enemies will be either crimelords, police, or other mutants; there won't be many mutants though. My background into how it all happened:
Five years ago a meteor hit Earth's atmosphere. It was a big one, but somehow didn't show up on the scanners etc that are supposed to watch for these sorta things. The meteor broke up and fragments flew all over the planet. Not too many people were killed by it although some chunks hit major cities. Governments grabbed all the hunks and started stealing them from eachother, until all the pieces were in the possession of the USA, Britain, France, Russia, and China. These governments started experimenting with tme. However before they managed to get the pieces, a few people were exposed to the rocks. Some of them died, others showed no symptoms -- until now.
Here's how it'll work: I'm going to basically DM the game. I'll have a character myself as well. We're all mutants; come up with an idea for a mutant, background, etc. You can be from anywhere, be anyone, and have any power; the only limitation is that the story will start out in Sacremento, so you have to be able to get your character there before we start. Also we're only just starting to show our abilities so they'll be weak at first; a lightning based mutant would only be able to produce something like a strong static shock, unreliably, and sometimes spontaniously. But as we go you'll get better; i'll let you know when you powers get better. It'll be based on how well you RP your character. (Yeah. It's an actual RP story. Hehe.) One last thing: do not kill major characters w/o permission. (And don't kill us. We aren't immortal; I'll fudge things around a bit so we escape or something but if you go into a nuklear reactor and set off a meltdown... yeah. That's just unfair.)

Here's what my character will be:
18 year old male college student; physicaly very in shape, plays basketball a lot. 5'10", 155 lbs. Lives in Oregon; currently visiting family in Sacremento.
Power: Electricity projection -- e.g. throwing lightning bolts, and such. Needs to store the energy in his body in order to throw it.
Right now can produce a short range shock equivilant to a very strong burst of static electricity.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4892 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 21:36 (GMT -5)

Alright... My idea is that I have a...

He's in a wheelchair, so he's physically out of shape, but he's very good at understanding people.

(I want him to end up sortof as a mindcrafter/physcic, but I don't want him to start off to powerful. Is this guy O.K?)
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2004 at 21:38 (GMT -5)

And he's in sacremento because he was going to get leg surgery, but the surgeon was one of the guys who was working on victims, got exposed to radiation from meteor chunks in them, and died. He was the only qualified guy. (that we know of.)
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 13, 2004 at 02:33 (GMT -5)

You're good. Going for the prof. X thing?

I'd like to focus it a bit more; you can be all around psychic everything, but where are you more focused? Psychokenisis (unconcious/emotionaly controled manipulation of surroundings)? Telekenesis? Pyrokenisis (mentally lighting things on fire)? Mind reading/manipulation? Clairvoyance?

Telekenesis, i realized, woudl allow distance mental communication if you were good enough. You would be able to mentally vibrate the target's eardrums so they "hear" what you want them to hear. Would be very hard though...
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Quvean
Registered user
The jack of all trades

Last page view:

6798 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 13, 2004 at 09:11 (GMT -5)

Sounds pretty interesting. I'll give it a try =D

Name: Baxter

Sex: Male

Weight: 256(?)lbs.

Height: 7'"

Lives in: (?)

Status: Pretty powerful guy who is almost able to crush a stone by squeezing it. Why he is in Sacramento, no one doesn't know for sure. Baxter wears a white T-shirt, sunglasses, blue jeans, pure white sneakers and a wristband. He doesn't talk too much. Though he is physically in an extremely good shape, this is balanced with his low intelligence and his way to move like an elephant ( Very slowly... )...

Powers: Baxter is able to increase and lower gravity of objects. This, combined with his strength, makes him a formidable foe. The gravity of an object cannot be changed if Baxter has never touched this object before. He is also able to create a small gravity field that squeezes everything inside it.

Should we get started now?

The smurf punches through your armor and hits you. You die...
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 13, 2004 at 11:50 (GMT -5)

I don't know, whatever. Maybe a mix of all of them. You can decide what powers you want to give me, after all, it is your story. Just base it off what I have now.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 13, 2004 at 23:48 (GMT -5)

Quvean: What do you mean by "increase and lower gravity of objects"? Do you mean like make them really dense/heavy, etc? Or make them so they have their own gravity, like a moon in his hand etc? And your name seems a bit cliched; you can keep it if you like but if you can come up with a more origional name, would be nice.

Zephyr: I'm going to go for a mix/match, with a focus more towards telekenisis. For now you will be able to sporadically/unconciously move small things around, like roll a pen or nail a couple feet, but without concious control. You also have an empathy with people, but you don't understand it; you just seem to feel faintly what others around you are feeling. Kicks in mainly when someone feels a strong emotion, like a sudden and insane rage in someone next to you will make you inexplicably angry at whatever they're mad at.

Yes, let's get this going. I'll do the first post, in a different thread; let's use the OOC thread for further chatter. I'll use this to let you know about your characters, and you can ask for specific stuff for your characters (like I'd like X power if I could) here. Plus here is where new peeps'll let us know. 2 more are allowed!
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Quvean
Registered user
The jack of all trades

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

>" What do you mean by "increase and lower >gravity of objects"? "

Every object drags other objects towards itself. The bigger the object, the bigger gravity it has. It can't be noticed in the earth though, since the planet itself has got an unmatched gravity power. But "gravity" exists in all objects, and Baxter is able to increase or lower this. Yes, he can make objects extremely heavy or light ( He can almost make them float with his current powers. ), he can make them spin around himself, use them as weapons... The weight of an object doesn't matter for Baxter, but the size does.
For example, changing a gravity of a bag full of lead would consume as much energy as a bag full of feathers. This means Baxter COULD change the gravity of this planet for couple of seconds... But the effect would be almost impossible to notice and Baxter would die instantly because of the high energy loss.

O.O
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 19:36 (GMT -5)

I'm just going to call that general gravity manipulation. For now i'll let you draw small objects toward you -- again, no control, just like myself and Zephyr. By small I mean stuff like pennies. Is that cool?
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 17:19 (GMT -5)

(OOC: an idea for my next ability, you could have me be able to mimic voices, by distorting the vibrations on other people's eardrums.)
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 19:32 (GMT -5)

Oops, I just changed my first power. Is that one O.K? If not, I'm very sorry, it's just that I like this one. The whole Flashes thing. I could picture it in a movie.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 01:55 (GMT -5)

That's cool -- basic empathy I suppose.
Sorry I was out of it for a day or two. Stuff kept happening and I kept going with it. Back for the weekend though -- I'll cook up the first conflict tomorrow evening.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 19:06 (GMT -5)

Merry Christmas All! I got a lava lamp. I'm so happy. :)
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 23:03 (GMT -5)

Happy holidays to you too.
I got a watch. Now off to write up that next post, like I promised.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2004 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

Wow. That dude is a pretty big "Problem". Is he gonna be a reoccuring bad guy, or are we gonna beat him? And are we gonna add Bax?
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 at 04:26 (GMT -5)

This guy is a big problem... luckily we don't need to deal with him right now, nessasarily. His power is basically vampirism. If he doesn't drink some kind of blood regularly, he starts getting weaker, but when he does drink blood, especially human blood, he gets stronger. Lots stronger. He probably has other abilities, related to blood, like the ability to smell blood, and to identify people by their scents, etc.

But, he's going to be a "problem" we'll deal with later. For now we'll just kinda... run. I'll explain about what's up with him later.

Quevan, feel free to join in any time you like. Now that we're past that initial bit you're welcome to enter.

Now, about where we are now... Myself, if I saw someone eating someone elses heart, then shouting and motioning (perhaps to another person) and indicating me, I wouldn't trust anybody at all "suspicious" that I didn't know, no matter how friendly they seemed.

Final note. From now on, if we could move this conversation to the general OOC thread (I don't know the name offhand, it's one of the many stickies), it would be cool.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Quvean
Registered user
The jack of all trades

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 at 01:59 (GMT -5)

Actually, I was thinking of redoing my character... Now that I think it a bit, his powers suck ass!

Gonna message more later.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 at 02:35 (GMT -5)

Well just let us know when you have something. I'd like to keep moving the story, but am not sure where to go from the current post...
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Quvean
Registered user
The jack of all trades

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

Here it goes again xD...

Name: Dass

Eye colour: Black

Hair colour: Pitch-black

Complexion: Light

Sex: Male

Weight: 126lbs.

Height: 5'"

Lives in: (?)

Status: His father is a scientist working for the goverment of USA and investigating the strange piece of the mysterious meteor in his lab near the white house. Dass visited his father's lab one day and before his father ( Who actually had no idea how Dass knew where his lab was and is still wondering how the boy found it )could warn him, Dass had already received a lot of radiation from the piece of the meteor that was in the table of the lab.
He losed consciuness... And soon woke up in a hospital. The doctors said he had not recieved any serious wounds, but they were wondering many things. His blood was coursing fast like hell, his adrenaline count was amazingly high...

Dass is young but somehow has managed to ran away from home and the fate does what it has to: He ends up in Sacramento.
He remains silent most of the time, but when he has something important to say, he says it. He hates attention. He currently wears white t-shirt, grey jeans and white sneakers.
He looks weak and thin, but he is able to put up a tough fight........

Powers: As a child, Dass loved to run a lot and always hoped to be the best runner in the whole country. The meteor granted this wish and more: He is now the fastest person in the world.
He is able to run almost as fast as he wants, although there are some limits right now, since he is still learning these new powers: He needs concentration to run faster, and he is not very good at concentrating. Also, he gets tired too, not as fast as normal person though since his high adrenaline and his quick coursing of blood. This appears to be a problem sometimes.

(Good enough?)
Zephyr Offline
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 at 16:31 (GMT -5)

That sounds pretty good. My idea is that he needs concentration not to run, but to dodge all the obsacles he may encounter. If he loses concentration, or gets distracted then *SPLAT*. He still needs to get tired fairly fast, so no godly endurance, and maybe he needs to concentrate a little to run fast at all.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

Sound great to me. For now he won't be quite so awesome, but the way the whole leveling up thign will work is that at first we suck, then our powers will ramp upt fast and big bu uncontrolled, then we'll learn to control them at lower levels, then slowly at higher levels.
So for now, when your "fight or flight" reaction kicks in (intense situation where you gotta get away or die) you can run around 35 MPH for up to 10-15 minutes.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Zephyr Offline
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 19:33 (GMT -5)

I have this feeling there's gonna be a scene where he pushes me along at really high speeds on my wheelchair. And as an Idea to add him to the story, we could have the red guy show up and roar or something, and then a blur of colour (Dass), sweeps us off our feet (or wheels) and carries/pushes us to saftey.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 at 16:21 (GMT -5)

lol
We should decide what to do with this guy, the one that does the invisible trick, because I would like to introduce the main bad guy group (as yet unnamed, I havn't really thought much on it; you could come up with something if you want) before we really get settled down with any sort of home base.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 19:45 (GMT -5)

I'm thinking you could have him die, or he jst stays at his house and gives us info. whatever floats your boat.
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

Well whatever. I dunno. All this can be settled once the story starts moving again. Where'd Quvean go?
questionmarkhead
Registered user
New Player

Last page view:

6278 days, 6 hours, 38 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2005 at 20:08 (GMT -5)

Can I join this?
It might not be such a hot idea letting me join though, it would be my first RP).
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5821 days, 2 hours, 59 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2005 at 09:18 (GMT -5)

Dude, Mutation is dead meat. You can only hope to do something with ADOM rpleplay 2005 and Quest: Close the Gate.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5981 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

Bunny, why don't you do something with ADOM roleplay 2005 yourself? :-P
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5821 days, 2 hours, 59 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 at 09:51 (GMT -5)

Hey dude, I don't want that I have 60 posts in the thread and all others have 5-10!

Why don't you post theN?
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5469 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 at 22:49 (GMT -5)

lol battle bunny, we otta make a RP for just us. We would finish a quest to close the gate in the time it takes to play a game or less.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: