Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / A necromancer and a dead puppy

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7760 days, 2 hours, 47 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

Hey Shadow touch is cool. I like it's. But why not if you kill some by shadow touch then victims rise as undead?
And why necro couldn't tame undeds? Special power "Enslave undead" It would be nice. Enslave emperor lich. Cost of enslaving half of animation the same type of undead. When you failed, you paid cost in mana and adidtionaly in willpower. Risk of failure is proportional with kind and explevel of undead...

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

7235 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

Imagine if you could put th puppy corpse in ur missle slot? kill a farmer when its dead!! hmm did i post here? i cant remember o.O

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5660 days, 13 hours, 53 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 21:42 (GMT -5)

shadow touch is useless if you have a (insert weapon of choice) of Vampirism. it will do the same thing and deal more damage.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6966 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 01:07 (GMT -5)

Weapons of Vampirism are cool, but they move aligment towards C-. Only evil characters can use them for longer periods of time.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

what about shadow touch? and besides raising undead moves to C-. so most necros are chaotic anyways, not much you can do about it.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

21 hours, 12 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 22:29 (GMT -5)

It only take one turn to swap weapons. vampyric weapons are great if you have to take out a lot of enemies that hit you a lot. Allow you to go berserk without having to constantly heal yourself (as long as you hit). No need to use them all the time.

Besides I do believe shadow touch is chaotic to use too, and it's not exactly something you use if you want to get rid of something. Unarmed fighting is not that great for Necromancers.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 11:50 (GMT -5)

Arghhhh YOU DIDN'T FIGHT UNARMED IN ALL TIME!!! Only when you have some problems with your hit points. No power points, no time to rest. You run, and fight unnamred with shadow touch. It's very fast recover your hitpoints. And you can fight unnamerd with shield. You train unnarmed fighting and shileds. And last but non least. Demage in weapon is bonus from your strenght. If fight whpis than bonus is from dexterity. When your strengh is high, than demage is really impresiv (brass knuckles roolaz to;))
Shadow touch drain your aligment to C- Hmmmmmm drink potions of balance, heal injured monsters and what a problem with aligment?;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 18:43 (GMT -5)

it's not a problem with alignment. but what's the point of using shadow touch when you can produce the same results with a wep. of vampirism, and be dealing more damage and training a wep skill you'll actually use?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 19:08 (GMT -5)

Heh yeah, but shadow touch is nice and it's make a evil atmosphere... Weapon with flag vampirism... Yeah it's nice. But weapon can be destroyd, anihilated, broken et cetera... And second weapon, a good weapon of vampirism are rare... The best is eternium two handed sword of vamp... Ideal maybe morderous eternium twohanded sword of vamp.... And the last this nice bug when you fight with two handed weapon in left hand slot... It's crazy... But why PC don't fight unnamred like two wepon atacka by right and by left hand.... It's natural to keept weapon in right slot... But I'm lefthanded. And I always keept weapon in left slot.. I know left hand have some minus to hit and damage... But I like when my PC are lefthanded persone:)

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 20:08 (GMT -5)

if you could multi-class (like in some games, mostly MUDs though) you could be a former Necro Monk, who'd get shadow touch and deal bootloads of damage per punch. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 20:33 (GMT -5)

Hehehehehehe from multi-class I prepare Necro Thiev:) Robber, kill, animate, robber once again and destroyed:) A propos I always train my PC in pickpocket. But thiev is the best in this games. My actually thiev steal: wond of wish (4 charg) (level ~20), Wirwind (level 12) and Preserver (level 23)... It's a nice class:)))

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

21 hours, 12 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 20:34 (GMT -5)

My current char (a necromancer by the way), have had a orcish dagger of vampyrism since before she entered the CoC.

Nice way to recover after a tought fight (the toothpick is useless against though opponents).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 20:48 (GMT -5)

My one PC, necro, found iro-shuted quaterstaff of vampirism in SMC. She was L+ and with amulet of order she fought and train staves... Shadow touch and weapon of vamp "works" only when user are injured. If you have max of HP than it's a normal weapon;) And when I drain some life... Drowing my aligment was balanced by amulet of order. Actually this PC are champion of order:))))

I know I know... weapon of vamp are very good specially daggers but I like Shadow touch it's build a nice atmosphere in game:))

Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: