Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / rivers

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Reverend PrOHna
Registered user
Church of The Subgenius

Last page view:

6970 days, 49 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 at 02:05 (GMT -5)

the earthquake spell sometimes creates bridges across rivers. wouldnt it make sense that throwing enough rocks in would do the same thing? ive a got a river on the first level of the CoC with a Troll Weaponsmith. i killed the healer so i cant get any training from the carpenter in bridge building.
“We're all bozos on this bus, but at least our bus isn't driving over a cliff.”
- Pope Charles, SubGenius Pope of Houston

[] Praise "Bob"! []
[]http://www.subgenius.com[]
[] Slack OFF! []

Arch-mage
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2004 at 02:36 (GMT -5)

Try a huge rocks
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4931 days, 20 hours, 21 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2004 at 02:53 (GMT -5)

Try find wands of cold to freeze water or acquire swimming skill from Blup. Bridge building is totally useless in my opinion. Freezing water is much more effective.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5187 days, 21 hours, 38 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 at 18:05 (GMT -5)

I wouldn't say totally useless so much as a pain in the neck. One recent game-winner had some major trouble finding a wand of cold to get the high king's ring... he tried about every possible scumming method and ended up zapping a wand of wonder at the water until he made it across ;) (he never found a wand of cold)

So, sometimes you don't have any other way. (This guy did the druid quest so he didn't have bridge building) Get logs from the animated forest, and give any spare hatchets you find to the carpenter - he'll increase your bridge building (more the higher your learning is) when you give him hatchets so you'll at least have some chance at success. Really annoying, but not _entirely_ useless ;)

Does earthquake actually effect the rivers directly or does it simply create a passage around because of fallen walls?
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

Rivers go right up to tyhe limits of the map. So an earthquake doesn't create a path around the edge.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: