Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Things to wish for?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5801 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 17:18 (GMT -5)

Or that companion you want killed...

Dooming and cursing has a large impact on weather your stuff burns. I have never seen an item burn from my body while blessed, fate smiled and worn a ring of ice. It's practically perfect. (besides who spends long in there? in and out.)

Much like how if you put a million monkeys in front of a million type writers one'll eventually write a shakespeare just by chance.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7733 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 14:44 (GMT -5)

Nope, I wasn't cursed or doomed. And I have ankh... so it's other thing

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6940 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 08:24 (GMT -5)

Recently I visited ToEF with my hurthling archer without any RoI or Fproof blanket. I just dropped all non-artificial stuff in HMV, took only Rehetep's wrapping, ankh, Wyrmlance, elemental gauntlets, boots of Divine
Messenger and 2 blessed RoFR. Got almost killed by grues (thanks Shalla for healing ;) and for the pick axes) but ACW had a meeting with Wyrmlance ;)) Forgot to mention I had invisibility from pools so ACW's minions couldn't chase me.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

Yeah when you given immo on fire and now RoI naked PC is only way to walk in ToEF. Only artefacts, eternium and crystal stuff, adamantium to...
In Tempel of Air is good this same tactics. But there is very good stand and wait for monsters;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6940 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 14:16 (GMT -5)

Eternium won't melt? Damn, I could have taken my eternium halberd of penetration with me ;)
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 16 hours, 34 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 21:39 (GMT -5)

IIRC everything (short of artefacts) can be destroyed by heat. The more exotic materials are just a LOT more resistant than the lesser items are. They can still melt/shatter/burn, but unless they are cursed or you have extremely bad luck (both in-game and in general) they will probably make it though the tower just fine.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5634 days, 9 hours and 49 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 00:15 (GMT -5)

bless it just in case. *g*
one thing that got me very unhappy with a char a long time back, was when he was around D:14 or 15, had just sacced and sold lots of extra equiptment, had only a little bit of extra stuff (IIRC just a bunch of junk -- clubs, spears, cloths, etc), and his very nice adamantium longsword broke under a falling door... he didn't make it back to DT.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 11:27 (GMT -5)

heat and acid can destroyed, but very hard... And crystall items have a very great resistance for acid. It's a realy hard to deamge or destroyed by acid

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 12 hours, 23 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

I haven't broke anything which has been eternium/crystal... well, that's me and my luck I guess.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 13:23 (GMT -5)

I found once broken lead bulets';)))
Ahmmmm and "j" can corodet eternium/adamantium/mitril weapon/boots. I don't know what with crystal daggers

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 14:11 (GMT -5)

Lead is the soft metal which is used in bullets and stuff... or am I wrong? Jellys can corrode metal, but IMO mothril/adamantium/eternium shouldn't corrode... Or my luck never corrodes, anyways I can't remeber if my adamantium or other weapons have corroded... crystal sure doesn't corrode 'cause it's not metal.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 16 hours, 34 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 19:52 (GMT -5)

Well mithril weapons can corode, they just do so very rarely. I cleaned out a entire jelly vault and only lost 1 dammage point on the weapon due to corotion. Guess the other metals are simmilar, but with even higher resistance. So they are virtualy un-corodable...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 21:28 (GMT -5)

do brass knuckles corrode?

ivan.sourceforge.net
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 01:34 (GMT -5)

Duke: IIRC brass knuckles are made of iron so yes, they do rust. Kinda odd that. Also (IIRC) dragon scale mails are made of some smithable metal. Oh well, at least it makes them smithable by normal methods, otherwise one would need to mine for dragon ore to be able to smith DSM:s...

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5737 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

According to the Guidebook, iron, mithril and adamantium all corrode, but mithril and adamantium are more resistant. Stone doesn't corrode, and I don't think eternium does either. Quarterstaves definitely corrode (I'd guess they're made of wood, although the Guidebook doesn't say).

If you have no ring of ice, leather items like girdles of carrying and seven league boots seem to burn away in the tower (even if you're enhanced lucky and fate smiley and not cursed or doomed), but iron weapons tend to survive.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 04:45 (GMT -5)

dragon gauntles are made from iron, dragon scale maile made from adamantium and moloch armor are made from eternium.

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

Black dragon gauntles doesn't corrode, btw... did some experiment with beastfighter, normal gauntlets seems to be destroyed when you hit ochre jelly or grey jelly couple times, black dragon-hide gauntlets doesn't... it's very logical, black dragon-hide gauntlets gives resistance to acid...

Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 11:58 (GMT -5)

Getting back to what to wish for... Everybody probably knows that wishing for AKW's results in tons of experience, right? I found this out myself, fmale trollish barb got to lvl 50 with one kill and the exp-meter got full *G*(hypothetical, you can't do this without cheating.LE 99 btw.)

Just check out the next one that popped out: "You examine the ancient karmic wyrm. Diagnosis: Level: 96, DV:123, PV:79, Hits:1625, Attacks:12, Damage:51-151:, Speed:113. Hehe.

Well, ok, you don't have to meet any so tough monsters on your actual quest. Fortunately.

Oh and does anyone have a list of all the different names of real people you can write in the monster memory and get an answer?
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

I do. Or did. It's somewhere; look for "Fun with Monster Memory" thread.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: