Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Do you keep wands with 0 charg

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cletus
Registered user

Last page view:

7056 days, 18 hours, 46 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at 22:45 (GMT -5)

I was looking over one of my old characters (dwarven farmer) and I noticed I was carrying around ~50 wands that I had never used. Not only that but about 15 of them had 0 charge. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad except I had held onto completely useless wands such as item detection and knock (I had learned the spells by the end). I guess being a farmer just encouraged my hoarding tendencies (I also have 3 potions of uselessness).

I remember whenever I thought of throwing away a particular wand I would think of some situation where I might need it and I just couldn't bear to part with it. So what about you guys? Do you keep them or drop them? Maybe you try for that 1 finally use even when there's nothing around to use it on? Im sure there are some good stories to tell.
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6832 days, 1 hour, 43 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at 23:24 (GMT -5)

Let's just say you don't need to be a Wizard to recharge wands.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 09:21 (GMT -5)

You can recharge wands by dipping them into booze and was it potions of mana? Also, there are Scrolls of Recharge. Yes, I do keep my 0 charge wands.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6507 days, 31 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 09:36 (GMT -5)

Potions of booze, mana or (preferably) boost mana, but not raw mana.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4937 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 13:05 (GMT -5)

The scroll is actually scroll of charging :) And I too keep many wands with me, until I have the correspondent spell at least. And I always carry a few wands of digging, monster/item/trap detection and poison and paralysis and and and... still too many it seems ;)
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: