Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Elementalist

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

6602 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

Anyone else notice that elementalists burn up food very quickly? Anyway to slow down their metabilism? I hate playing this character since most of the time I am looking for food.....
Morio_
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

Are you playing a troll (probably not)?
Are you wearing any items of hunger, items that grant invisibility or artifacts?
arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 at 21:41 (GMT -5)

Elf, I was not wearing items of hunger, had bracers of war. Don't remember if I had a cloak of invisibility. Basically the same types of things I have for other characters. I raised my character to level 11 or 12, but gave up because of hunger after 10-15 moves. Was not cursed or doomed either. Wish I could remember more, but was pissed, so I deleted the character.

But I would like to play an elementalist, so am asking if others have noticed the hunger.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/4/2005 at 21:42 (GMT -5) by arkflash]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6502 days, 11 hours, 1 minute and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 at 02:41 (GMT -5)

Wearing artifacts or -foo- of invisibility both increase your food consumption rate.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

I have created many characters, but only the elementalist seemed to have the extreme food requirment. Sent a note off to Thomas B. to see if a Raven Elementalist would consume food faster. Haven't tried a Salamander Elementalist, so don't know if the same issue applies.
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1879 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 at 14:39 (GMT -5)

I don't really play too many elementalists, however I have had a couple lev 14-17 elementalists and I didn't notice such a significant increase in food consumption...Interesting. I will have to give it another try to see if I can get the same thing...woohoo!
Twinge
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 at 23:34 (GMT -5)

Elementalists don't increase food consumption at all.

Andy's guidebook covers this pretty well; monk's eat less, trolls eat more, strained or higher burdened status will increase it, artifacts will increase it, regnerating equipment will increase it (I think on this one anyway, I don't remember for sure), hunger equipment obviously increases it, invisibility raises it a lot. Take a combination of several of these and you're eating quite often to stay alive.
Only use invisibility when you have to, unequip artifacts if you're running out of food, etc.
Portrait
p_ouji
Registered user
Hikari no Yuusha

Last page view:

6901 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 at 04:04 (GMT -5)

I'm certain that regeneration items don't increase food consumption.
- p_ouji
wevab
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 at 01:17 (GMT -5)

i play a lot of elementalists and they don't consume any more food but they are burdened a lot
tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 at 04:42 (GMT -5)

I thinh it is just that your elementalists literally burn away food on the ground so much that he cannot even find any left among the remaining :)
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

I just played a dwarven mindcrafter. He seemed to burn food like a troll. I don't know why, but he seemed to be hungry all the time. Could regeneration speed affect food consumption (I _think_ orcs do eat a bit more than hurthlings for example)?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: