Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Summon Monsters

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 6 hours, 33 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 at 04:50 (GMT -5)

Just discovered a new way to train my char... instead going through ID killing monsters I summon them, pickpocket them (if possible) and kill them. Top level of the pyramid seems a good place to do this with a mid-level char (18lvl gray elven wizard). Some nice creatures (quite good exp but easy to kill ;)) generated there: giants, chaos spiders, dark elven lords. One of the giants dropped Ironfist - not the best artifact for a wizard, but still a nice one, and I pickpocketed an ordinary ring ;) not to mention loads of other stuff.

Anyone tried this before? Any suggestions where can I summon a bit more powerful creatures (but still not dangerous enough to kill me, so not DH, at least at the moment)?

(BTW: I'm back ;). Long time away from ADoM and from this forum... But I started playing again :))
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5822 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 at 05:32 (GMT -5)

yah I did this once, at some ID level of 60 or so, got shadow wurms a couple of time, not to mention other nice dudes. 1 RoDS IIRC :K
mopgoblin
Registered user

Last page view:

6955 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

Darkforge or the dwarven graveyard might be good. I tried casting the spell in darkforge a few times to see if it'd summon steel golems etc, but it didn't (not sure how tough the summoned monsters would usually be in there though, since I used scrolls of peace in my current game so I could smith things without corruption).
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4937 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 at 00:55 (GMT -5)

Later you could use Bug temple. It also pays if you read some scrolls of dangers I think.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 6 hours, 33 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 at 12:41 (GMT -5)

Darkforge generation was quite nice. Doppelganger kings, mimic hiveminds (those scared me a bit ;)), werewolf lords, water elementals... But it takes a lot of time to level up anyway and it's becoming dangerous.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: