Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Increased monster difficulty

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Dom
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 at 02:11 (GMT -5)

Is there any way to stop the increase of difficulty of monsters in dungeons.
I.E when one first enters the Gremlin Dungeon, if the user 'l'ooks at the gremlins they something like slightly experienced. As time goes on and the adventurer kills more and more of the gremlins the gremlins start becoming moderately experienced. Eventually this get's to the stage were gremlins become 'extremely experienced' and the PC even with having invisibility is liable to be killed?
Q.1: what generates this,
Q.2: is there any way to stop it,?
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5795 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 at 03:30 (GMT -5)

there's some unofficial patch to 'fix' it.. I've never used it though, deal with the experiencing, it's good for you :]

Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

...very good for me when i die....
a link to the 'unofficial' patch would be grouse.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2005 at 10:32 (GMT -5)

Dom, try google.com

google and 5 mins is an answer to so many questions.
Twinge
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 at 22:54 (GMT -5)

The other method would be to downgrade to version 1.0.0.

This is a feature put in on purpose to prevent excessive scumming. The only creatures it really causes trouble with are chaos servants, jackals, wolves, and spiders (a few others to a lesser extent, possibly pit vipers, rats...). This is because of creatures which are automatically spawned at specific places and because of summoners. The rate at which a species' power increases is based on thier creation probabiliy, but this doesn't take summoners into account (the creation probability for natural jackals and spiders is quite low).

As for the specific example, this was put into place to stop stuff like that specifically =) Kill and pickpocket maybe 1000 then get out of there, hehe.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: