Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Help me figure this out

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

corruptor
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

I'm currently playing a lvl 18 hurthling farmer, looking for a crowning as lawful. When I was lower lvl I found a lawful alter on d14, and a huge room of chaos servants. I sacced them all, maybe 30 and i got extremly close but did not have L+. The next level I was getting slapped around by some grey slayers, so I prayed and got the ring of immuntiy instead of getting healed. Cool, but I don't know much about pre/post crowns. Now I just sacced 30 cooked jackel corpses, $100000 gold, had L+, but no crowning. I looked in Andy Williams guide book and it said "extremly/absolutly close may only happen once. Did I blow the crowing earlier? Or was I to low level???? The only artifacts generated were that ring of immunity, the Ancient mummy wrapping, ankh, sis, scyth of corruption, big puch.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 23 hours, 42 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 06:34 (GMT -5)

Did you get crowned or just precrowned with the ring? (do you have a permanent Blessed status?) If no, just sac, sac, sac until you get absolutely I think (in 1.1.1 extremely/absolutely may happen more than once). Then pray. But if you were crowned, you can't get postcrowned, too many artifacts generated.
corruptor
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

No, not blessed it was a precrown then. I just crowned with the "long sting"(kind of sucks) Like the ring of immunity better. It was the to many atrifacts generated problem because of not geeting crowned before.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5823 days, 10 hours, 6 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

crowning has nothing to do with how many artifacts are generated :C
corruptor
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 07:35 (GMT -5)

quoting Andy Willaims Guide book:

"* precrowning occurs only if the PC is not of extreme alignment (not L+, N= or C-)
* extremely close
* character level >= 8 + 3 * artifacts generated.

Crowning can occur at any experience level."

Yes, Maastonakki just the crowning, it can occur at any level. What has usually worked for me is at the alter as a hurthling, many cooked corpses and 100,000 gold. It didn't work this time and I wasn't cursed or doomed and was at L+ extreme algnment. I'm just wondering this time why I was refused a crowning at that time.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 23 hours, 42 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 09:30 (GMT -5)

gods don't need to have reasons :P
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 58 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 11:37 (GMT -5)

If you have to sac 100,000 gold to get "extremely close" and get precrwoned, then you have to sac 200,000 the second time etc.

Not exact figures, but you get the point. Getting crowned/precrowned a second time takes much more sacrificing than the first one.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5823 days, 10 hours, 6 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

it's absolutely close you should be in order to get crowned :X
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5603 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 23:55 (GMT -5)

I've always been able to get crowned at the farther half of "very close". Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever been absolutely close in my Adom playing career.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: