Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Precrowning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

PorkPieHat
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

This has probably been discussed thoroughly before but since I had trouble finding solid information in my quick research, I'll ask here:

How many times do you usually get precrowned?
In 1.1.1 I haven't been able to get the third precrowning gift. The first two are easy, but even when I'm on level 14 with just two artifacts created and I've done some pretty darn extensive sacrificing, I still can't get it. Does it really just require even more sacrificing or am I missing something here? Is 1.1.1 different?

Contribute
PorkPieHat
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 11:07 (GMT -5)

Oh, and I usually use living sacrifices and money.
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5601 days, 13 hours, 32 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

Each precrown takes 2 or 3 times more sacrificing than the last one. I never bother with more than one precrown, though in the rare cases I'm lucky enough to get an altar on PC:5 I might get 2.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 at 15:15 (GMT -5)

First precrowning is easy - slightly harder with a neutral character - but still shouldn't take too lone. Second one takes far too long for it to be worth while and I can only have nightmares about how long the third one would take.

If, that is, you are using live sacrifices (and I don't see where you can get that much money without generating the si which you mustn't have since you want no. 3 at level 14).

Use blessed stomafillia. I first used it less than a fortnight ago. It is stunningly effective. I only go for the first via live saccing now. After that I go looking for herbs. So powerful is it that I recommend taking the druid quest over the carpenter quest if you don't start with herbalism since a high herbalism skill means that most herbs harvested are blessed.

Of course you could be unlucky and have no sources generated in which case I have to recommend that you stop at the second (and frankly, if you're neutral stop at the first).
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4936 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 01:13 (GMT -5)

I do usually 1. Sometimes 2, if I've found Stomafillias or well-placed altar.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

I usually do 2 with live sacs. Doesn't take THAT long. Food is a problem though.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 23 hours, 45 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 at 07:26 (GMT -5)

One... if that. I guess I just don't have the patience--or the steady fingers, when it comes to stepping on gray or black altars.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 at 20:13 (GMT -5)

what is precrowning?

i've just tried and sacrificed loads of money (something about 300000) and received two artifacts + a blessed status, so i thought i've been (pre?)crowned

but then i read that you need to have lvl>8+(3*numbers of artifacts generated).. and i had my gnomish bard on lvl 28 with about 8-9 artifacts generated... so.. what was it?
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 at 20:53 (GMT -5)

Crowning.

This can happen at any time so long as you have extreme alignment (L+, N=, C-).

You can't get precrowning happens before a crowning. Post crowning afterwards. You cannot be precrowned if you have one of the ectreme alignments listed above.

I suspect that you only recieved one artifact - not two. You would also have recieved an amulet of order/balance/chaos depending on your alignment.
lechu1
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 at 08:28 (GMT -5)

no, i'm pretty sure i've received two artifacts.. cat's claw and whirlwind.. quite useless anyway;) and i was N- before attemping the sacrifice. but i didn't sacrificed all the money at once (i sacrficied 100000 three times, probably my alignment changed after my first sacrifice)..
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 at 17:57 (GMT -5)

Well the alignment change isn't unusual anyway.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: