Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Arch-mages and experience

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 at 10:28 (GMT -5)

I've repeated this post in the ADOM google group - so apologies to anyone who has seen it before.

Ok - got an arch-mage up and running. Decided to use orb of mana rather than praying to get my wish engine going after my last arch-mage screwed things up by sacrificing my spellbook of wish accidentally! Anyway, my question is: what is the best way to get a high score?

I am assuming experience becomes the greatest factor after maxing out all stats and all skills. I am further assuming that the best way to get XP quickly is wishing for emperor moloch in the SMC (please correct me here if I am incorrect!)

So my plan is to clog up the SMC with doors (wand of door creation) to create a long corridor with myself at one end and a short buffer of doors between myself and the rest of the corridor. Then wish for emperor moloch and full the corridor with greater molochs before opening the buffer doors and letting rip with magic missile. Any feedback on this plan would be appreciated.

Assuming this plan is as good as I believe it is, I obviously want to max my XP by slowing myself before destroying the GMs (hence the buffer area to delay the GMs as much as possible). I know speed and XP are closely linked. But are any other stats similarly linked? In particular, does XP decline as HP increases? If HP and XP are not related, then I intend to boost my HP to INSANE levels before attempting this (don't want uber-GMs pounding me into mash - even with busloads of AoLSs!) Are skill scores and XP related? (i.e., should I boost all skills to 100 before or after scumming for XP)
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1197 days, 20 hours, 59 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 at 17:13 (GMT -5)

I believe intelligence also boosts the Experience you receive from kills, so get that high. And im pretty sure Greater Molochs can break through doors, so you wont need to bother with opening them

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: