Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / DOOM the roguelike

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Corremn
Registered user
Cursed by a Leprechaun

Last page view:

6504 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 at 23:08 (GMT -5)

http://chaos.magma-net.pl/doom/
enough said!

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

I like cheese.
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 at 16:04 (GMT -5)

Whoops, that was me.
I really do like cheese...
tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 at 07:41 (GMT -5)

I love cheese made from flesh and roasted with hot lead particles >:)
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

DOOMtRL is pretty good fun! Not particularly difficult though. The manual hints at a secret level and/or secret finish. Anyone know what it is?
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1219 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

Its really fun, i just wish the doom or doom 2 games had the option of levelling up. I could still use the pistol later on if i wanted to :)

Whats the farthest you've gotten? I don't believe you can access your highscore file without dying, so off the top of my head..

"Blaster" got to Phobos level 10, and was killed by a hell baron. Weapon of choice? Chaingun and then the rocket launcher.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 22 hours, 8 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 at 22:16 (GMT -5)

I beat it. My WOC was the advanced rocket launcher. Backup to that was double-barrelled shotgun. Found little use for chaingun; didn't deal enough damage to take stuff out. The plasma gun wasn't that great either, it went through ammo like me through food, and was only mildly more powerful than the chaingun. Besides. it drained ammo that could have been used for the BFG4000 (that's what I used at the end; it's blast radius is so big, that to use it anywhere at all cramped would be suicide)
ivan.sourceforge.net
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 at 14:02 (GMT -5)

I beat the game as well. WOC was also (guaranteed?) advanced rocket launcher. Haven't found the BFG yet. I like the chaingun - tends to deal with most things. Anything that it can't deal with I use the rocket launcher for. Not enough plasma ammo to use the plasma gun as a viable chaingun substitute. Anyone tried meleeing yet?

Also, anyone found any secret level or secret ending? Only "secret" level I have found is on "The Wall" level.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1219 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 at 17:21 (GMT -5)

Yes, ive tried meleeing. Brute talent is required, as is the Hellrunner. Hellrunner gives +10% faster movement, and 10% better chance to dodge, essential since you need get get close to hit em with the chainsaw! :)

Brute of course gives you +4 melee damage every level.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 at 09:46 (GMT -5)

It's a pretty fun game. My first char died at lvl 10 to a baron... Would've beat him otherwise but I got seriously whooped on The Wall level just before that level and ran out of med packs.

Wee... I won with my fourth char. My second game crashed when I stepped in a teleporter, third game ended when I didn't use my med packs and a sarge blew up a barrel beside me on lvl 2.
Had a close call with my fourth char on the second hell level, when many 0's and a baron swarmed me just a few steps into the level.

I found the arena, the armory and the wall. I didn't visit the wall because I found it earlier than the last game and only had a few rockets. Has anyone found any more special levels?

Oh, I didn't find a BFG :( Guess I'll have to play again to find one.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/18/2005 at 12:04 (GMT -5) by J.]
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

Let's see... there's the Arena, the Wall, the Chained Court, several others, I can't remember them all... Then of coures there's Phobos Arena, the last level where the Cyberdaemon hangs out.

IIRC the BFG is on a special level. The last one, right before the Phobos Arena. Looks like an empty level with some blocks, but there's a switch in the middle, and pull the switch, whaddayaknow! the walls come down and out pour a *lot* of baddies. Suggest a shotgun of some brand, as the rocket launcher will blow you up if you use it because they're so close and the chaingun would take too long. Double barrelled shotgun is best IMO. Anyway, after killing them all, their little room places are loaded with plasma ammo and one of them has the BFG (which uses 40 plasma rounds in a shot, so you're gonna want to grab as much plasma ammo as you can).
@ notlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 15:16 (GMT -5)

/me Waits for Quake the roguelike .. :D
Corremn
Registered user
Cursed by a Leprechaun

Last page view:

6504 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 at 00:27 (GMT -5)

Seems like the latest version has been beefed up a bit. Also it now *sounds* like the original games. Music and sound is identical, plus you can download doom mp3s instead midi.
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5581 days, 2 hours, 37 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 19:12 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I hadn't played the new version with sound.

Quite possibly the coolest (if not most challenging) RL out there.

It rocks.
Thor
Registered user

Last page view:

6699 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2005 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

Don't forget it's Polish. Polish things are good to you.
BcotN
Registered user
SoaD junkie

Last page view:

6502 days, 1 hour, 28 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2005 at 18:01 (GMT -5)

DOOMRL IS AMAZING!!!!!

I love it sooo much!
You die...
ASHLEYY
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 at 05:14 (GMT -5)

Yeah, it rocks, not a bad roguelike, bit hard when you're used to ADOM keybindings but not too bad otherwise.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 at 20:08 (GMT -5)

I wanted to bump this up as I recently came across this thing again. Has some new versions out, with difficulty levels and challenge games! This has kept me occupied during the holidays at my parent's house with an old computer, so I've been stuck with pretty much nothing but roguelikes. Nothing bad with that, really :)

I beat the game on the first try on I'm Too Young To Die(easy) and then managed to beat it right after on Hey, Not Too Rough(medium) doing the Angel of Marksmanship challenge :P Trying to get far with the melee challenge kind of humbled me again... But the pistol challenge is almost too easy, only took two tries on Hurt Me Plenty(Hard)!

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Kingsdragon
Registered user
You smelt it you dealt it!

Last page view:

5764 days, 16 hours, 45 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:39 (GMT -5)

Oh I played this a few times before! there was this thing a monster dropped... a thermo bomb or something, anyway, at the last level, I used the thermo bomb on the monster and won! even if I died doing it...
Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife XD
Portrait
Hendar23
Registered user

Last page view:

5651 days, 8 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

What perks do you guys normally choose?
"Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work" - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
Kingsdragon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 at 05:09 (GMT -5)

I go do random ones... always different except the reloader one you need that.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

The one with the to-hit bonus is essential if you don't want to waste half your ammo with chainguns and plasma rifles. The damage bonus is also for the rapid-firing weapons, which are better than shotguns IMO.

Kingsdragon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 at 07:58 (GMT -5)

Cat eye is a good one.
I actually one my last game (last week) with A Tri-Gun, uses as much amo as a pistol and is as strong as a RocketLauncher.
Portrait
Hendar23
Registered user

Last page view:

5651 days, 8 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 10:58 (GMT -5)

It seems to have got harder. I played it a while back and always got quite far, but I got the latest version and it keeps handing me my ass!
"Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work" - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

5792 days, 20 hours, 35 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

decided i'd try this! Let's see how it goes...

sort of off-topic, but i find it funny that the first time i ever played DOOM in my life was when i d/led it on XBOX 360. lol.
Going for 2nd win

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: