Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Sacrificing Cats

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

MagicalTrevor
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 13:12 (GMT -5)

I tried searching for this information, but either I'm using the search tool incorrectly or it isn't that great. (I was finding posts about '...appliCATions...' when searching for 'cat sacrifice')

Anyways, does sacrificing a cat count as a kill to the Cat Lord?
MagicalTrevor
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 15:49 (GMT -5)

By the way... A cat appearing in the arena is just plain sick.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6502 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 16:01 (GMT -5)

#1 Yes, it does
#2 Yes, it is. That's why I never do the arena without a wand of teleportation (unless I've already killed one)
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
MagicalTrevor
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 16:39 (GMT -5)

Thanks Alex!
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4893 days, 25 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Yeah, you get experiance from saccing. About 1 or 2.
How pointless. Cats in the Arena are REALLY unfair, same as wilderness ambushes by wild cats, tension rooms of wild cats/cave lions/cave tigers...
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
mopgoblin
Registered user

Last page view:

6950 days, 15 hours, 26 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

I got a vault full of cave tigers once. It was in the early game, of course, so I didn't have the wand of door creation, wand of trap creation, and teleport control that would negate the problem. Very annoying. On the other hand, I imagine leading vortices into tension rooms of cats would be quite enjoyable if you have a means of escaping any survivors.
tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 05:02 (GMT -5)

I got a mixed room with a brown worm and a cat. How annoying having them blocking me as I saccing the rest with the C altar on the lvl. Btw I was sacced by a wraith there. Shit!
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 05:28 (GMT -5)

You can use traps (to make WMoPC) or potions of exchange to kill cats in the arena. When the dwarf king wants you to slay a cat to prove your valor it's pretty impossible not to... Also, black wizard summoning 20 cats around you is pretty funny. ;)
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5607 days, 18 hours, 23 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 06:27 (GMT -5)

Another method of dealing with cats without killing them yourself is using alarm traps. Any monster triggering an alarm trap will anger nearby monsters into attacking the one who triggered the trap. Creating a line of alarm traps and then having a summoner summon some monsters could lead to some amusing scenarios - summoned monsters fighting each other or even attacking the summoner...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
XaXeXiXoXu
Registered user
Ancient Weight Dragon

Last page view:

6969 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 08:23 (GMT -5)

I think when the Elder Dwarf tells you to slay a cat, the cat lord should instantly appear next to him and blind rage.

For the longest time I didn't know you could transmute stuff in potions of exchange, so I just saved them in case I encountered an implacable cat. Now that I know you can dip heaps of rings in them, it kind of feels like a waste to toss them around.
XaXeXiXoXu, the ancient weight dragon, breathes weight at you! You are suddenly overburdened!
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

and williams Guide has several methods for dealing w/cats. by the time you reach the arena HOPEFULLY you have wands of trap creation, find out the coresponding space #, create an acid trap, and keep kitty walking back and forth till it is reduced to its fundimental kibbles.
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1879 days, 6 hours, 59 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 14:53 (GMT -5)

I believe that by creating the acid trap you will be responsible for killing the cat...this is why the trap you create must be a corruption trap so the trap does not kill it...it changes the cat and then you kill it!!! or something like that
BLauritson
Registered user
Death Lord

Last page view:

6917 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

Some sources claim that creating the trap will not charge you with killing the cat if the cat triggers the trap, only if you trigger the trap, despite what the guidebook says.
Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4932 days, 17 hours, 6 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

Hmm. I once ran into a fireball trap and a cat next to me got killed. I didn't get the message, nor I was charged for killing the cat. Later I was forced to kill a cat, and then I got the proper message. It made me wonder a bit. Has this happened to someone else? I suppose I wasn't charged because I didn't see the trap in the first place.
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
BLauritson
Registered user
Death Lord

Last page view:

6917 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

Killing a cat directly in melee for example won't always generate the cat killing message either though. I know I've killed cats a couple of times before, in perfectly lit dungeons in melee, and not gotten the message. It was also the first cat that I killed in the respective games.
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 at 19:06 (GMT -5)

I think there's some perception requirement to get the cat killing message.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1219 days, 23 hours, 33 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

Beastfighters always get the message I believe, and perception needs to be either over 14, or over 16 to guarentee it otherwise. If you fail these requirements, you probably get a small chance to ge the message anyway.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: