Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Infinity dungeon

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4909 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

I have a saved PC who is now at lvl500 of ID. Has anyone gone deeper? Surely someone has, but how deep? Is it really infinite?
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 06:48 (GMT -5)

I bet it rolls to negative or back to 0 around 36k. Or if it's 4 byte(?) value to determine the max lvl it, it's millions (billions? can't recall).

I've read somewhere of people getting around 2k. I assume monsters there eat avatars for breakfast. Correct me if wrong, never done it myself.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3869 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

with a 16 byte integer the max number would be 65536 and with a 32 byte integer the number would be 4294967296
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5585 days and 33 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

Depending on whether the ID level uses unsigned or signed number it would probably either wrap around to 0 (unsigned) or a huge negative number (signed). Now, if the ID level used 2-byte integers the max level would be 32767 and the next level -32768. If 4-byte values were used the maximum level would be over 2 billion. I wonder what level -2 billion would be like...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 04:28 (GMT -5)

"you examine the rat, it has 2^67 hp and deals an average of 2^50 damage per hit"....
tongHoAnh
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

Should sb literally scum the ID for the matter? (read scroll of mapping, reload, run to the staircase etc.)

The_CyberShadow
Registered user
Loading l33t animation...

Last page view:

6257 days, 3 hours, 56 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 at 19:17 (GMT -5)

The ID level number is a signed 32-bit integer. If you reach ID:2147483647 and descend once more, the integer will wrap, but the game will auto-fix it to 1 - so you'll be at ID:1. But you can't (theoretically) get that far anyway, because the game crashes trying to genenare dungeons and monsters with such high danger values.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6479 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 at 02:05 (GMT -5)

I thought monster levels were capped at 110?
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 at 02:14 (GMT -5)

Highest level monster I have ever discovered was a level 125 Ancient Karmic Wyrm in the SMC.
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6786 days, 6 hours, 47 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 at 06:38 (GMT -5)

Ive gotten to 700 or so.

I still have that character there....

its because i for some reason feel attached to him so i dont want him killed... but heck im at 700 so im never making it back out of the ID. so there he stays...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: