Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / ADOM Role-Play

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5657 days, 1 hour, 6 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2001 at 22:45 (GMT -5)

OOC: if you don't know what a role-play is, it's where people tell a story by posting a little bit at a time (i.e. i post part, then someone else posts a bit more, etc.) useing existing chars/adding chars, and the story slowly progresses... they can be quite hard to end though. if we do get to the end (i/e if our chars/char [if some of them die] make it to the end) i could compile it all and e-mail someone who can get at the newsgroup and post it there... anyways, some more info abt role-play stuff: OOC means Out Of Character, it's for stuff taht's not part of the story (i'll edit this stuff out), and IC means In Character, use it when returning from OOC to the story. i put this one in the spoilers section b/c we might get spoily. anyways, here goes:

IC: Duke Vince Ravage looked back at his companions as he came to the top of a small hill. He waved to his ____[OOC: fill in with next char's race] friend, the _____ [OOC: class] _____ [OOC: name] and called "Hurry up! We're almost to the top of the mountains!"

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7917 days, 8 hours, 25 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2001 at 00:35 (GMT -5)

Duke Vince Ravage looked back at his companions as he came to the top of a small hill. He waved to his trollish friend, the merchant Amanda and called "Hurry up! We're almost to the top of the mountains!"

"Why we going to the Drakalor Chain?" Amanda grunted. "If Chaos is coming, me wanna get as far away from it as possible!"

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2001 at 00:24 (GMT -5)

OOC: what's amanda gonna do, eat his favorite sword? *g* any other chars?? notice that ravages waved to his friendS... i'd love to have a bard in the group, and we definitely need a mage. oh i forgot to mention the duke's race/class...

IC: The High Elf's youthful enthusiasm hit the ground like a rock. "Why'd you have to bring that up? I'm just here to proove that I am, in fact, the most skilled fighter ever! I could care less about Chaos."

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2002 at 00:43 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2001 at 00:42 (GMT -5)

OOC: She probably won't eat the sword, but if you hear her complain about how it turns out that gnomish boots aren't made of gnomes...

IC: Amanda snorted. "You skilled fighter?" She glanced at her club. "High Elves are weak." She laughed, but the thought of Chaos wouldn't leave her mind. As one of the few followers of Ka'Omsh, the trollish god of law, she viewed Chaos as a dangerous threat to the world. All the rumors said that Chaos was starting to take over the world, and that its source was in the Drakalor Chain.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2002 at 00:48 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2001 at 22:11 (GMT -5)

OOC: so here's what we have so far (cutting out all the OOC's and plus a little bit more):

IC:

Duke Vince Ravage looked back at his companions as he came to the top of a small hill. He waved to his trollish friend, the merchant Amanda and called "Hurry up! We're almost to the top of the mountains!"

"Why we going to the Drakalor Chain?" Amanda grunted. "If Chaos is coming, me wanna get as far away from it as possible!"

The High Elf's youthful enthusiasm hit the ground like a rock. "Why'd you have to bring that up? I'm just here to proove that I am, in fact, the most skilled fighter ever! I could care less about Chaos."

Amanda snorted. "You skilled fighter?" She glanced at her club. "High Elves are weak." She laughed, but the thought of Chaos wouldn't leave her mind. As one of the few followers of Ka'Omsh, the trollish god of law, she viewed Chaos as a dangerous threat to the world. All the rumors said that Chaos was starting to take over the world, and that its source was in the Drakalor Chain.

Even though High Elves and Trolls are practically oposite, and the races share a mutual hatred, the young Duke and Amanda had managed to form a strong frienship. Amanda had saved the Duke's life when Vince had been waylaid by a band of robbers during a trip. Something had told Amanda to take the dark road rather than the clear one, and it was this that had led her to the scene. Even though she had poor equiptment, she had managed to drive off the theives, critically wounding one of them. Ever since, the two had been fast friends, much to the dismay of the Duke's parents.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2001 at 23:44 (GMT -5)

OOC: I can't believe no one else wants to roleplay. :-( Anyhow, I'll add to the background story that you just started.

IC: Amanda had been banished from her tribe when the elders had discovered that she was a follower of Ka'Omsh. She sometimes relived that horror in her nightmares. They had thrown rocks at her and beat her until she was near death, and then left her to die outside the tribe's border. There a traveller found her and used magic to heal her. Amanda had never learned the name of that good Samaritan, but she vowed that someday she would do the same for another, since there was no way to repay her savior directly.

A year had passed. Amanda travelled across the country as a peddler. In some towns the troll was faced with hostility, but no one could deny that she knew her trade well and overall she made a good living. One day she found herself near a High Elven village. High Elves generally looked down upon anyone who was not an Elf, and Amanda knew that no one would want to do business with her there, so she turned away from the road leading to the village and headed down a dark, abandoned road.

And that was where she met the Duke.

Six or seven thieves surrounded a frightened young elf. The young man was trying to fend off the attackers with his sword, but he was horribly outnumbered. The bandits were sure they had hit pay-dirt, that nothing could stop them from robbing this rich elf... until they saw the person walking down the road, quickly approaching them. A huge, dark, lumbering monster, wrapped in animal furs and carrying a heavy club. Most of them had never seen a troll before, but they knew that this savage creature could easily kill them all with its brute strength. Two of the thieves gave up and ran away then, but the others continued to attack the elf until the strange creature approached them. One was foolhardy enough to try attacking the monster, but a quick blow to the head from the monster's club taught him otherwise. The others stood still, petrified.

"You leave dat boy alone," Amanda said, "or what happened to your friend will happen to you." The thieves quickly agreed, dragging their unconcious companion away. Amanda watched until they had left, then turned to the elf. "Don't worry, dey won't hurt you now. You okay?"

The Duke's face was as white as a ghost. "Why did you save me? You're a troll! Are you going to... to kill me?" He raised his sword in his trembling hands.

"No!" Amanda put down her club. "Why would I kill you? You did not hurt anyone. Dey hurt you?" She rummaged through her backpack. "I have heal potion..."

The High Elf shook his head, disbelieving what he was seeing. This troll had saved his life! A troll! He had always been told that all trolls ever did was kill people and eat their corpses. He extended his hand "I am Duke Vince Ravage."

Amanda shook his hand. "Amanda da merchant. Of no tribe, follower of Ka'Omsh."

And thus began a strong friendship. And now, two years later, the Duke had finished his training as a fighter and was ready to set out on an adventure. Amanda decided to join him, and the two friends headed toward the Drakalor Chain.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2001 at 03:07 (GMT -5)

OOC: very nice amanda... i bet you could write this whole thing on your own if you felt like it. *g* interesting combo we've got going here, a young High Elven duke and a (young? infantile by Elven standards...) troll merchant. hmm, i think i'll throw in something more...

IC:
Their third companion interupted the two. "Well, are we going to get into the chain, or ssssit here all day?" he hissed, gesturing with his staff. The drakeling had joined them in their travels after meeting them in an inn; headed in the same direction, he decided that three stood a better chance of survival than one, even if it ment having to split the loot. He had even origionally planned to kill the other two after he had developed his mental abilities and take their loot, but after traveling the two for a couple weeks he had decided they might be interesting to get to know.

OOC (again): this char i made with the idea that we have to have at least one shadowy character, and definatly need a (psudo)magic user. FMS let's not reveal any of his background in the story... we could add something later in the story (maybe around the point we get to the dwarf town) but until then use your imagination.. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5824 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2001 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

While Amanda and Duke Ravange were walking past a tiny cavern, out came a raging whord of goblins, with their mighty goblin leader Dougy, enraged that there were tresspassers on his sacred burial ground.
Dougy screams out war cries that only the goblins could understand. Goblin warriors surrounded Amanda and Duke Ravange, rockthrowers begun hurling rocks towards them. Amanda was a much easier target to hit. By the looks of things, Amanda and Duke Ravange stand little chance of living.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2001 at 19:53 (GMT -5)

OOC: when did we pass a cavern? dougy, plz try not to kill the story. we can't have our heros making too many miraculous escapes. i'll fill in the gap... i'm also going to edit dougy's post a bit to make it fit better. hope you don't mind. this goes after my last post:

The other two agreed with the mindcrafter. They continued on the path, virtually carefree. The sun was beginning to set as the started up a particularly tall rise; it was dark by the time they reached the top. All three had grown silent, and there was a certain tension in the air about them. They paused at the top of the mountain and looked down into the dark, starlit vally below them. Directly below them was a canyon. They could see little without the moon or the sun to provide light for them, but none of them were feeling particularly tired. Besides, they could see what appeared to be a small town in the vally a short distance away; it would be nice to sleep under a roof rather than the open sky.

The three unlikely companions entered the canyon, with the young Duke carrying a lit torch to light their way. They could see many small caves in the sides of the canyon, almost all with strange markings etched into the stone above them.

As they past one of the larger caves, a small horde of goblins burst out, with their mighty warlord Dougy, enraged that there were tresspassers on their sacred burial ground.

Dougy screamed war cries in a strange, coarse tounge. Goblin warriors surrounded the suprised trespassers, and rockthrowers begun hurling rocks towards them. Amanda prooved a much easier target to hit because of her size; she was pelted by the stones.

The Duke was besieged by eight goblins, who began dragging at him and hitting him with crude wooden clubs. He fought back as best he could, but even his equiptment was of little use against these numbers. Amanda was flailing about with her massive club in a berzerker rage; goblins flew everywhere, but the stones were begining to take their toll on her stamina. Things looked pretty grim for the small party...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 13:57 (GMT -5)

OOC: here's what i've gotten so far for a background on the drakeling:

he was born to a very rich family, who all wanted him to become well educated, and hopefully even be a mage. but he steadily refused their wishes and constantly set off on his own courses, causeing his parents a lot of grief. eventually, his parents tried to force him to go to a mage school "for naughty kids", but as they were taking him there he woke up and managed to escape. that's about the time he discovered his mental abilitys; he felt his brother's mind as he was guarding him, and gripped at it. The grip managed to remove a few memorys, just the right ones to confuse him. Realizing his rare talent, he avoided other people as much as possible until he was able to control it better; even then he only used it occasionally, as mindcrafters were as discriminated against as most orcs. Thus, very few people know of his strengths, and many believe him to just be a wandering staff-fighter, because he always carrys a quarterstaff he found on the corpse of another traveler.

needs refining, i know, but if someoen else is gonna take up this char they need what i've come up with...

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2002 at 00:53 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

7415 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 15:09 (GMT -5)

OOC: Hello fella roleplayers,I want to join my character is gray elven mage.Young for elves just graduated from famous elven art of magic school.Lots of potential,may turn against the team and some sort of things.

IC: Suddenly the air was filled with blue lightnings and suddenly the air was full of disgusting smell of fried goblins.A tall figure stepped out of one of the smaller caverns."Run you foul creatures."Yelled the mysterious creature. Goblin Warlord Dougy saw that most of his loyal goblins were either fried or badly injured. Screaming in strange tongue Dougy and rest of the goblins dodged behind some rocks to get some protection from the tall figure.

[Edited at 15:10, Tuesday, November 20, 2001 by Simius]
jokainen chanssi on mahollisuus
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7771 days, 11 hours, 4 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 15:13 (GMT -5)

I think I'm gonna flesh out your third char Duke.Since no one else seems to be takin him up:

Messiah the drakeling was born to a very rich family, who wanted him to become well educated, and hopefully even be a mage.But he steadily refused their wishes and constantly set off on his own courses, causing his parents a lot of grief.Eventually, his parents tried to force him to go to a mage school "for naughty kids", but as they were taking him there he discovered his unatural ability and managed to escape.HE conectrated ,felt his brother's mind as he was guarding him, and gripped at it. The grip managed to remove a few memories, just the right ones to confuse him.He slipped out unnoticed. Realizing his rare talent, he avoided other people as much as possible,spending his time meditating in solitude until he was able to control and enhace his mental prowess.He only used it occasionally, as mindcrafters were as discriminated against as most orcs. Thus, very few people know of his strengths, and many believe him to just be a wandering staff-fighter, because he always carrys a quarterstaff he found on the corpse of the first traveller he killed.

If both of you arent going to add to the story I will.
Most of the goblins ignored Messiah targetting his companions.He made short work of the only goblin that attacked him.Here he saw an oppurtunity for escape.All of a sudden he realised that he couldnt survive without his companions.He dropped his quarterstaff and focussed.
Amazingly the goblins attacking Duke let hm go and staggered around catching their temples screaming in pain.Amanda realising that the rain of stones had stopped ,took the chance to exercise her muscles, now clobbering every single goblin within reach with amazing accuracy.
Duke too was quick to react.He grabbed his sword and went for Dougy's throat.....

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 19:27 (GMT -5)

The swing was just a little bit too slow though; Dougy ducked and ran blindly, screaming at the top of his lungs. He hadn't taked two steps before he bounced off Amanda's rock-hard body. As he sat there rubbing his head, Messiah finished off the still-staggering goblins with some help from the newcomer. A small number of goblins escaped and ran back into their cave, where they cowered in the darkness, anticipating blinding blasts of lightning to shoot into the cave at any moment. But it didn't come; the mage had joined Amanda and Vince as they stood over Dougy. Dougy had realized that the Duke seemed to be the prominant figure in the group (this due to his splendin elven chain mail and the noble air about him) and was on his knees begging for mercy, promising many things in a tounge completely forign to both Amanda and the Duke, who were excangeing bewildered looks.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 19:33 (GMT -5)

EDIT: It figures Duke would post right before I post. Now I've got to edit my post to make it fit his... ;-P

OOC: cam, sure, create a character. Cool, this makes three other people to join the RP thread. :-)

IC: Amanda dropped her club and tried to use her arms to shield her head from the bombardment of rocks. Not again. No, no, not again. I've already been through this... Ka'Omsh, please, PLEASE SAVE ME... In her mind she saw the faces of her tribe, contorted with hatred, the desire to kill this traitor to Chaos. Her own parents had been among those throwing the rocks. She dropped to her knees and tried in vain to shield her hulking body from the onslaught.

Suddenly there was a clap of thunder, and Dougy was screaming for his men to retreat. Amanda looked up to see almost half of the goblins dead or dying. An elf stood nearby. A mage?

"Don't just ssstand there, you oaf! Kill!" Messiah ordered. Amanda looked around herself in bewilderment. The goblins who remained to fight were walking around like they were drunk. Immediately she picked up her club and killed every goblin she could reach.

The battle was soon over. The last goblin began to scream and cry in a strange tongue. Amanda turned to Vince, hoping he would understand, but he seemed as confused as she was. "Seems scared," she reasoned. "Wants us to spare its life." She tried speaking a few Trollish words to it, and it seemed to understand. Not surprising, given that goblins and trolls often lived in the same caves. "We will show you mercy," she told it. "But if you ever attack us again, I garantee you the same thing will happen. And I will not be so forgiving then." The goblin looked both surprised and relieved, then in scurried away.

When the goblin had left, the Duke approached the stranger and began to speak in an Elven language. Amanda ignored the two of them for the time being. The musical languages of the High and Gray elves made about as much sense to Amanda as the rough, gutteral Trollish language made to Vince Ravage. For right now, all she was concerned about was gathering the stones and goblin corpses. The corpses would make a good meal and the stones could be sacrificed to Ka'Omsh. She made her way slowly and painfully across the cave's entrance, stopping occasionally to throw a corpse or rock into her sack or to stare worriedly at the large black bruises that were forming on her dark skin. Soon Vince would introduce the stranger to her and Messiah, but for right now she was just grateful to be alive.

CamTheMan
Registered user

Last page view:

8154 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 20:26 (GMT -5)

IC : A head pokes in slowly into the ravaged cave entrance, looking about with curios eyes, noticing the charred and slaughtered bodies of once-were goblins strewn about the area. A small smile forms about his face, "Looks like I've missed the party.." he smiles, looking around to see all the still standing figures, "I say, good job!" he adds with a sort of mocking tone, patting everyone on the back as if he was already everyone's friend.

His skin is a noticeable inky black, not the sort of midnight color that seems devoid of all light, but still dark nontheless. His hair a silvery white, cropped in a sort of unruly fashion as you see he wears no helmet. About his body he wears a brownish type of plated armor, not plaitmail though, more a reasemblence of a sort of samurai body suit, although not as dramatic. A fairly good sized black cape is adorned about his neck and flows gracefully down to his ankles. A dark red scabbard hangs around his waist, holding a fairly large steel longsword as you see a sister scabbard on the other side holding a silvery war axe.

He bows his head and smiles to the lot of you.

OOC: I'll divulge character backround when it comes up. ^_^
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4691 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

IC: Looking around nervously, Duke called to the group.

"I . . . don't know who you two are," he said, hesitantly, eyeing the two newcomers. "As it stands, though, I think it best to leave this area. Amanda, you spoke of a town on the other side of this pass. I suggest we continue on and try to reach it before sundown . . ."

". . . I will not refuse your company until Terinyo, if you are headed in that direction," he added to the two strangers.

"SSThey would no doubt follow usss if you did," hissed messiah.

With a more cautious eye on their surroundings, the adventurers contiued down the narrow pass. As they rounded the bend, a rather disheveled figure came back into the clearing.

"So they are going into Drakalor. Some of my friends may wish to hear about that, and a little payback would be rather welcome."

The seepage of chaos into the world may have increased his intelligence, but his disposition remained that of a goblin. Motioning for two of his surviving band to follow, Dougy scrambled up the rock face, taking his own route into the Drakalor chain.

OOC: Yes, I know that there is no cunning goblin in the game, but I think we need a recurring bad guy.

[Edited at 12:02, Wednesday, November 21, 2001 by Caladriel]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 13:36 (GMT -5)

OOC:Yes Caladriel we certainly need a bad guy.

IC:The party continued their journey crossing the valley and found a road leading to the little village in the wilderness - Terinyo.
There was a peaceful aura exuding form this village.It was hard to belive that this little hamlet was so close to the source of chaos.
Duke now the unanimous leader of the party decided that this would be a place to rest and enquire about the source of chaos.Decinding this they made a bee line for a tiny hut with the markings Rynt - village elder engraved on an open door....

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2002 at 01:03 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

OOC: No idea. Do we even need to level up? I mean, leveling up is more of a gameplay thing, not something that would happen if the game were real anymore than Amanda's club is really "+3 1d5." We could just show how the different party members have different skills, and maybe show them learning different skills during the course of the story (Jharod teaches Duke how to Heal, Messiah studies an herb bush and figures out Herbalism, stuff like that).

IC: The group broke up once they reached the village. Duke went to speak with Rynt. "Hello! My party has travelled from the Elven lands. Do you have any advice for us? We are going to cross the Drakalor Chain and would like to know if there's anything important we should be aware of."
Rynt eyed the stranger suspiciously. Strangers rarely visited Terinyo, especially now that Chaos had started to touch the world. "Yer not worried about Chaos?"

"I am a fighter," the Duke assured him, "I am sure Chaos will not give me any problems."

"A fighter? Say, if you want an adventure, maybe you could help Terinyo out. Our carpentar disappeared in a cave east of here. Think you could find him?"

"Sure, why not?" This could be a good way to start their adventure.

After he had talked with the elder, the Duke left to find his companions. He found the Dark elven ranger, the mage and Messiah. "We were talking with the sheriff," the dark elf said.

"Yesss, he wants us to ssssslay an outlaw raider," Messiah hissed.

"I already told the elder I'd find a missing carpentar," the Duke replied. "But let's find Amanda, first. I heard there's a food store somewhere near here. We'll probably find her there; that combines her two favorite things: haggling and food."

But they found her in a much more surprising place: sitting in front of a house, listening intently as a little girl in a ragged dress cried, trying to talk between sobs. That was odd, the Duke thought. Children were usually afraid of the big troll. But this kid was pouring her heart out to Amanda, while the troll listened, looking very concerned.

Amanda looked up when she saw her friends, and her serious expression changing into a big grin. "Hey, I found us a quest! Dis little girl's dog is lost in a cave north of here. How 'bout we find it for her?"

OOC: Now we've got three possible quests. I'll let someone else write about which ones we decide on. Keep in mind we probably can't do all three; the dog will die if we don't find it within four days and the raider will disappear if we reach level six.

Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4691 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 16:31 (GMT -5)

OOC: A suggested edit (addition) to Messiah's post . . .
IC:
The group entered Terinyo, a tiny hamlet consisting of a few primitive cottages, a shop and a village hall. Trees grew peacefully between the small homes of the local populace. They felt at ease.

OOC: A suggested edit (rewrite) to Amanda's post when they talk to Rynt, just after "Maybe you can help Terinyo out" . . .

IC: "Us village is pestered by critters from da caves to the southeast," Rynt said. "The village carpenter tried to explore the dungeon but was not seen again. It would be great if ye could discover his whereabouts."
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 21:27 (GMT -5)

OOC: reply to amanda: the post i made, where you saved me from the robbers; your post is a lot clearer and more in-detail as far as that is concerned, and not only is my post unnessasary, it doesn't sound good. also update on my guy; he now has Big Punch (not useing it; it's sitting around in my inv. not sure what to do with it), Golden Gladius (not gonna give it to whats-his-face unless i find another artifact sword, or a sword better than it), and Rolfs Savior, as well as an amulet of protection +2, and is currently looking for a potion of water to make holy so he can dump it on Griff Bloodaxe's grave. ahh, what the heck, time to post some more on the story...

IC: "I ssssee." hissed Messiah, a bit uninterestedly.
"Me no care what you think, me going." growled Amanda, getting up and walking towards the north edge of the town.
Vince looked at the others; Messiah was moving towards the small glade in the middle of the town, while the other two elves chatted with a man dressed in green robes. "Wait up!" he called to Amanda, and ran to catch up.
The unhappy troll paused and looked back. "You come with me?" she asked hopefully.
Ravage stoped in front of Amanda. "Well... I wish I could. But saveing this dog doesn't seem near as important as saveing a person. Don't get me wrong," he said as Amanda started to turn away. "I feel for the girl. But I'm sure the dog can fend for itself for a while. I'm going to go look for the carpenter; I doubt he'll survive very long without help."

OOC: was thinking about keeping Duke and Amanda together, but I want Duke to learn Healing. unconsiously i geuss i also ended up making Amanda have to go rescue that dog on her own. who's coming with me to the VD? and who's going out after Kranach?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7924 days, 7 hours, 31 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2001 at 08:16 (GMT -5)

Somewhere else, Sengoku the grey elven monk buys a large ration from the shop in Terinyo.
He then says:
"What a nice day it is today.
What strange and mysterious events may get in my way?"

Sengoku then walks to his ranch beside the village hall near a small pond where he consumes his dinner in peace...

Sengoku
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2001 at 08:21 (GMT -5)

OOC:Ok then now that thats agreed I think .Err CamTheMan your char dosent have a name yet.So if you dont mind I'm just gonna refer to him as a dark elf.

IC:The dark elf saw Duke,Messiah and Amanda part company.Seeing the smirk on Messiahs face he strode up to him."So whys everyone splitting up?"
"ssssWell" replied Messiah "Vince issss going in search of some carpenter that dissapeared in the dungeon and Amnadasss is out to rescue a pup."
The elf looked questioningly at Messiah"What about you?"
"ssssI'm goin to get a peace of raider sssscum!" replied Messiah"theres a sssnice reward"
The elf's eyes lit up "I'm coming too,Ive got a bone to pick with those bandits anways!"
"Well" said Messiah "Well set of first thing in the morning."

OOC:I cant add more to the story until the rest of you set off on you quests.Err Duke I'm figuring that the green figure you mentioned was the druid.Well shouldnt we be doin only the carpenter quest and not the druid one.Since they are mutually exclusive I suggest we dont take the druid quest unless Caladriel or Sengoku insist.

Gyr
Registered user

Last page view:

8147 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

OOC Hope I'm not offending?

IC: As the motley band ambled towards the hamlet,
a darksome figure watched them, carefully, calculatingly. As the ominous clouds behind him broke with jagged bolts of lightning, laughter
echoed into the oncoming night. A crash of
thunder filled the air, and suddenly all was still
save the quiet patter of the rain.

Dreams of ambling shadows haunted the villagers that night, but naught was thought of them save, perhaps' the further curiosity of the rain-sodden footprints that skirted the village next morn, and lead into the forest beyond.
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 08:30 (GMT -5)

Sengoku suddenly woke in a cold sweat.
He listened to the rolling thunder for a few moments before scanning the room.
He had left half of the ration from the previous day on the table. Flashes of light pulsed through the window as he recounted his nightmare of evil shadows attacking him in a currupted glade...

"I sense evil near by, tis not the first time neither. The coming of Chaos has effected the weather, I may have to investigate on the morrow, now I better get some more sleep.."

Thought Sengoku, as he resumed his "Sleeping" status...

Sengoku
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

7415 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 11:38 (GMT -5)

OCC:sorry forgot the name and the backround story,name is Cormen.

Cormen grew up in a poor family,his parents were from the middleclass,just littlebit above the "poor ones".As a child he knew that he has to succeed getting into the mage school,because his parents worked real hard to get him into it.He used to get every book that contained scraps about magic.His lifetime dream is to become a great battlemage so he studied how to use staves and did lots of concentration practises.'
When he got into the mage school,his fellow students teased him because he was from the middleclass,and so he decided to show them.He broke the record of the youngest wizard from The Elven art of mage-school.
And so started the journey to seek knowledge.He heard that lot's of mages are going to Drakalon chain so he headed that way to meet other wizards

ICC:Cormen ran to Amanda"wait up I'm coming with you,I always have time to take care of people."
So the two strode off to northeast,while the others just kept chatting about groups.
jokainen chanssi on mahollisuus
CamTheMan
Registered user

Last page view:

8154 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

IC: Looks around the shadey group of adventurers and thinks for a moment's time. Looking up to see the stars twinkling, the moonlight bouncing of his dark skin, he says calmly, "Perhaps we should seek lodging for the night chaps, and we can pick this up in the morning."

He smiles and bows to everyone, slowly walking out of the town to find a suitable place to pitch a tent. "There's room for two." he smiles, and resumes his search.

OOC: He is a ranger after all, what kind of ranger wouldn't sleep in the woods? ^_^
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 23:00 (GMT -5)

OOC: Hey everyone, I'm finally posting from home. My parents' computer's monitor is much smaller than mine at school, and ADOM looks really weird on it.

Just voted. I say characters can be used by anyone (otherwise we would only be able to post a sentence or two at a time). If need be, we'll write descriptions of our characters that people can use to keep from making characters other than their own from acting OOC in their posts. Also, we should sleep.

Duke died of starvation? And you called me a noob. ;-P This is why it sucks to not scum. ;-) But how did you run out of food that late in the game? By the time I reach the arena I buy out the ratling trader who sells cooked lizard, and I stop by the arena every once in a while until I've got hundreds of lizards.

IC: Amanda smiled at Cormen. "You really come with me? I... I know dis not as important as saving da carpenter, but... but dat child seems so lonely, and... and..." Amanda fumbled for the right words. She wanted to say that she empathized with the girl, but for a Troll to say anything that implied self-pity was the equivilent of of calling oneself weak.

"...And you want to help her, because it isn't right that a child should have to suffer?" Cormen offered.

Amanda smiled. "Exactly." Elves were so strange. Among trolls, only the followers of Ka'Omsh would ever have worried about others suffering. "But we should get some rest, first. It almost night." She wondered if this town had an inn. It would be nice to sleep indoors, but she was used to sleeping outside from her travels as a merchant. Sometimes even sleeping in the rain was worth it to avoid embarrassing confrontations with innkeepers who had never seen a troll before and thought she should sleep in the barn like an animal.

"Of course," Cormen replied. "And tomorrow we'll find that dog."

Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 06:13 (GMT -5)

Sengoku is still asleep in his humble ranch in West Terinyo beside the small pond.
A hatchet is dug into a tree stump from the previous day of fletchering.

Rain starts to fall more heavily around the area with occasional strikes of lightning.

Sengoku
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 20:56 (GMT -5)

OOC: i'm back ppls! i'll edit this up some this weekend, won't have time before. sorry i've been lax on it... but this'll take quite some editing, gonna have to switch some posts around to make it flow. all sengoku's posts are gonna have to go at the end to make it work better...

IC: Duke Ravage nodded towards Cameron, agreeing. He approached one of the women who were heading indoors with their farmer husbands to escape the starting rain. "You will give me a room for the night," he said, more as a statement than as a request for anything. To him, the villagers seemed so far below him that they should be scurrieing to serve his every whim.
The two humans looked at the elf, disgusted by his apparent lack of manners. "Not if yer gonna be talkin like that we ain't," he growled. With that the two walked off.
Creastfallen, Vince decided it would be pointless to keep trying to find a roof; it seemed like he would be sleeping in the rain.
"You can sleep in my house," came a feminine voice behind him. He turned around to find a young woman, not more than 16, standing in a doorway. She beconed him in and held the door open as he came inside. It was a cozy, four room house from what he could see, and the only occupants were the young woman and a middle-aged man, the latter of whom was nursing a bottle of whiskey.
Ravage thanked the young woman for the shelter with a simple "Thanks." The woman and the drunk went to bed soon afterwards; they never excanged another word.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

Sengoku woke up the next morning pretty refreshed! He felt the presence of evil last night and today he thought he'd take a look around the surrounding area of Terinyo, maybe he'd explore that cave where the Yriggs disapeared to not so long ago - he always suspected something evil about his disapearence.

Sengoku put on his elven armour and grabbed his trusty guanlets and girdle and headed off to the shops to purchase some iron rations.

"Going for an adventure Sengoku?" asked the shopkeeper.
"Yes, I'll need four iron rations, make sure they're not cursed either" replied Sengoku.
"Very well, that will be 120gp"

After a bit of haggling Sengoku managed to get the iron rations for just 90gp and he then set off on his quest to investigate the cave.

Sengoku
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: