Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / ADOM Role-Play

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7928 days, 23 hours, 32 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

Sengoku woke up the next morning pretty refreshed! He felt the presence of evil last night and today he thought he'd take a look around the surrounding area of Terinyo, maybe he'd explore that cave where the Yriggs disapeared to not so long ago - he always suspected something evil about his disapearence.

Sengoku put on his elven armour and grabbed his trusty guanlets and girdle and headed off to the shops to purchase some iron rations.

"Going for an adventure Sengoku?" asked the shopkeeper.
"Yes, I'll need four iron rations, make sure they're not cursed either" replied Sengoku.
"Very well, that will be 120gp"

After a bit of haggling Sengoku managed to get the iron rations for just 90gp and he then set off on his quest to investigate the cave.

Sengoku
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

7420 days, 14 hours, 3 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 12:05 (GMT -5)

IC: Cormen woke up and started jogging around the village.
One of the farmers asked"Why are you running round the village?"
"It's good for your healht,btw do you need any new tools?replied Cormen and eyed farmers old sickle that he held in his hand.
"Sure,but I ain't gonna get any,because I just used all my money in seeds"said farmer unhappily.
"I think I have a sickle in my bag,wait for a minute."said cormen and started jogging towards
his bag.After couple of minutes he pulled a sharp wooden sickle and handled it to the farmer.
"how can I repay your help?Please accept this simple gift"farmer handled a large ration to Cormen.
"You have just paid for the sickle,have a nice day."
jokainen chanssi on mahollisuus
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7922 days, 26 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm learning what not to do next semester: leave end of the semester projects to last minute. :-( the joys of being a freshman. (hmmm, I'm a freshman in school and a newbie in ADOM... crap, I'm not an expert at anything!)

Hicpotboy, welcome to the roleplaying. :-)

Messiah, you already know who I am, but for the sake of the character list:

Name: Amanda
Race: Troll
Occupation: Merchant (specializing in potions. I don't think I mentioned that yet in roleplaying, but you have to admit it's the coolest thing to specialize in.)

IC:

Amanda rolled out of the make-shift sleeping bag she had made out of her cloak and looked around, trying to remember where she was. Oh yeah, that's right. Terinyo. We're going to save that dog today. She saw Cormen jogging down the road toward her camp, his arms loaded with rations. "Where you get dose from?!" she called to him. "I thought we agreed dat I would handle da money!"

"I didn't spend any money," Cormen replied as he reached the camp. "I just traded some tools I found with some farmers, and they gave me these."

"Well, dat good. Always good to stock up on food." The thought of food suddenly reminded Amanda that she had several goblins in her backpack. She searched around in it until she found one, then tore into the rotting corpse. Once she had finished, she turned to Cormen. "Well? You ready to go look for dat dog?"

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

Sengoku passed Amanda the troll on his way out of Terinyo.
"Since I saved some money at the shops via using my excellent charisma and haggling skills I could maybe buy some potions off this troll"
Thought Sengoku!
Sengoku speaks to Amanda
"Hello there, Sengoku's the name, I'm wondering if I could buy some potions of healing off you? Potions are your trade right?"

Sengoku
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

IC: Cormen started packing his stuff up, when Sengoku started talking to Amanda.Suddenly he heard a word "potions" mentioned and got excited.
"You are specialed in potions?Could you identify some of these I have found during my journey,I can't identify them because I don't have the proper spell,yet."
Cormen handled few potions to Amanda.

OCC:Amanda you can just name the potions,no matter what they are,you can come up something like blessed potion of strenght, or something like that;)
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 15:44 (GMT -5)

Amanda examined the potions. "Dis one's troll blood. It'll make you heal faster. And dat one's a potion of holy water, and dere's a potion of booze. Don't drink dat. I don't want to have to save you from goblins cause you too drunk to cast a spell." She turned away from Cormen to face her customer. "And for you, Mr. Sengoku, I have 5 potions of healing in me backpack here. A hundred gold coins per potion or four hundred for da whole set."

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7776 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2001 at 01:51 (GMT -5)

IC:Messiah yawned" Are youss ready?"
"As ready as ill ever be Messiah"
"OK sss lets ssset off them"
Messiah and CamTheMan without any further delay set out ito the forest in search of the roving raiders.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2001 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

ICC: Cormen drank the potion of troll blood and suddenly he felt his blood course faster in his body.
"this thing really works!Amanda, can you donate little bit of your blood to me so I can examine it?Just kiddng, don't look at me like that,I was just kidding."
Cormen started running away when Amanda raised his weapon.
"Me too was kidding!"Yelled Amanda to Cormen
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

Sengoku reaches into his pocket and realises he only has 300gp left,
"Hmmm, better make it 2 potions"
Sengoku hands Amanda the Troll the gold pieces.
"Nice doing business with you"

Corman returns and says to Sengoku.
"Where you heading stranger?"
"I'm off to find that cave where a fellow villager disapeared to a while a go - I sense strange forces behind this. If you one you two want to come with me your more than welcome, I could use the extra help...?"

Sengoku
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 20:46 (GMT -5)

OOC: Due to the fact that the semester is almost over, I am going to start practicing a form of self-disipline called "Don't touch the computer until all your work is done because if your grades slip and you lose your scholarship your parents will kill you and possibly sell your remains as potions of troll blood." Expect to see me post much less often (and if I ever post more than once per day, feel free to throw me in a tension room filled with goblin rockthrowers.) And it looks like I'm going to have to hold off creating a new ADOM character for a while. Oh well, at least I get the entire month of January off. College isn't entirely bad.

IC: "You mean da carpentar?" Amanda asked. "We is looking for a little dog dat a child lost in a cave north of here, but me friend Vince Ravage is going to find the carpentar. Look for an Elf in Terinyo, if you're lucky he won't have left yet. If you can't find him, maybe you'll run into him in da cave."

CamTheMan
Registered user

Last page view:

8159 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2001 at 01:16 (GMT -5)

IC: Looks around town after returning from his slumber in the wooded area.

"I say, do we have an idea of what's going on yet?" he inquired, looking about the area and noticing the Troll and Sengoku chatting.
Tyrenn
Registered user

Last page view:

8160 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 04:43 (GMT -5)

OOC: May I join this? =)

IC:
A tall hooded figure walks through the Drakalor Pass in the morning. Stopping briefly at the outskirts of Terinyo, it disappears silently into the woods to the south-west, following some marks unseen to the common eye.

OOC:
That's one Gray Elven Assassin, walking to Lawenilothehl. I wonder, can he get the healer quest from Hotz... with everything that follows? >=)

[Edited at 07:07, Wednesday, December 05, 2001 by Tyrenn]
CamTheMan
Registered user

Last page view:

8159 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 12:00 (GMT -5)

IC : Looks over to see the gray elf struting in, the dark elve's eyes begin to narrow as his voice becomes much more unpleasent toned, "What business do *you* have here, scum?" he says flatly, his hand switching over to graze across the hilt of his short sword.
Tyrenn
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2001 at 06:58 (GMT -5)

OOC: CamTheMan, is that about me? I was walking silently. And not in.
Oh well...

IC:
The stranger turned swiftly. In his hand a dagger appeared, glinting in the sunlight.
"Watch your tongue, lesser one, or you'll have it nailed to a tree". The voice was calm and indifferent.

If you decide to attack, I'll edit the following out:
Two elves eyed each other warily. At length, the hooded figure stepped back carefully and disappeared behind the trees.

[Edited at 07:01, Wednesday, December 05, 2001 by Tyrenn]
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2001 at 11:11 (GMT -5)

OCC: my char has lawful tendencies and he ain't a racist you know

ICC: Simius packed his stuff, and said to amanda
"Let's get on our journey,we aren't going to anyone if we just stay here"
After their fast breakfast they went to Duke
"We must gather ourselves after these quests.I say we meet 4 days later in here."
"We must ask other ones too."
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2001 at 19:22 (GMT -5)

OOC: Sorry it took so long for me to reply, like I've said before it's the end of the semester and I'm busy.

Simius, I didn't say all elves are racist, just that the general stereotype about elves is that they're arrogant and hate non-elves. Not all elves fit that stereotype. (You obviously don't, or you wouldn't be hanging out with a troll.) BTW, what's your character's name? I thought it was Cormen. We really need to write out that list of characters again, this is starting to get confusing.

IC: "Could you ask the others for us?" Amanda asked the Duke. "Cormen and I should leave now, dat dog isn't going to be alive much longer if we don't find him as soon as possible."

After Duke had agreed, Amanda and Cormen set off for the cave. In the entrance of the cave they found some goblins and kobolds who were obviously not happy with the intruders, but their attacks were quickly ended by Amanda's club. "Never understood why goblins always want to attack everyone, even when it obvious dey don't stand a chance," she mused.

They split up and searched the area, but there was no sign of the dog. Cormen was just about to give up when Amanda came running toward him. "Me found a staircase!" she shouted to him. "Dis is a very deep cave. Dere no way dat dog could survive here. Let's head back."

"What?" Cormen replied. "This was your idea in the first place, remember? It couldn't hurt to at least try to find him."

"But dere... dere are bugs on da next level." Amanda looked almost afraid.

"You're afraid of bugs? Come on, there's nothing to be scared of. They can't hurt you. Now show me where the staircase is."

Hestitantly, Amanda lead Cormen to the staircase. When they reached the bottom, Cormen discovered that "bugs" had been an understatement. They were the biggest, strongest looking giant ants he had ever seen. He turned to run back up the stairs, but it was too late.

They were surrounded.

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7310 days, 3 hours, 13 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2001 at 10:29 (GMT -5)

Cormen and Amanda were bravely fighting the giant ants, but there were too many of them.
"Wes gonna die here, Cormen. Nice knowin' ya." grunts Amanda, flailing around with her club.
"Same here, Amanda, but we're not going down without a fight." Cormen pants, lighting up the area around him with different spells.
A mysterious voice comes out of the darkness, somewhere behind the ants, "You know, you guys shouldn't be giving up so quickly."
The ants start chittering madly, and their eyes glow redder yet, and back away from Amanda and Cormen, turn around and head for the voice.
Amanda and Corman stop fighting, and lean against the wall, exhausted.
"Who was dat?" Amanda asks Cormen
"I have no idea, but I'm glad he's here; we couldn't have held out for much longer." Cormen says.
While they are talking, they hear the sounds of a pitched battle, the ants chittering madly and the sound of ant carapaces breaking. They also see intermittent flashes of what appears to be spells.
"Maybe he needs help against da bugs." Amanda says reluctently.
"I think I recognized the voice. That's probably Frank, the greatest wizard elves have ever seen." Cormen says, his voice filled with awe. "He actually talked to me when he stopped by the school once. He probably doesn't need help, but why don't we go find out anyway."
"Dats OK wid me. Let's go." Amanda says.
They head towards the sounds of the battle, which get louder and louder. They turn a corner, and the most bizzare scene they've ever seen greets them. A wizard in long flowing robes, with a shield and axe, of all things, is surrounded by a veritable army of giant ants. Frank is a veritable blur among the ants, blocking almost every attack with his shield, and dodging the rest. The axe is like a feather in his hands, almost disappearing into it's blur. It seems that anywhere the wizard looks, the ants fall dead.
"Right, I forgot about that!" exclaims Cormen, "Ants hate the very sound of Frank's voice. He's made quite a few enemies over the years, namely chaotic beings. That's why the ants stopped attacking us as soon as they heard him."
While Cormen is talking, a brillant flash lights the area, crisping all the ants around him. As soon as those die, the rest chitter furiously, and retreat.
"Hm, not too bad a workout. Thanks for leading the ants out here; I was having a bit of trouble finding enough practice." Frank says, thrusting his axe through it's loop, and putting the shield on his back.
"Dat was practice!?" exclaims Amanda disbelievingly.
"I bet I forgot to mention that he's not an ordinary wizard, right?" says Cormen.
"Dat you did, Cormen." Amanda says wearily, still shocked by the ease the wizard had killed the ants.
"Ah, Cormen, I thought I recognized your voice. Nice to see you again. And who would this nice troll be?" says Frank.
"Me be Amanda, nice to meet you," Amanda thrusts out her hand, and Frank takes it, his hand dwarfed by the huge troll's. Amanda shakes enthusiastically, glad to know such a powerful wizard. (OOC: you don't think I'm laying it on too thick, do you?)
"Whoa there! I'm not made of stone, you know," Frank says, gingerly removing his hand from Amanda's grip. He shakes it a bit, and satisfied with the result, turns his attention to his companions. "Any reason you guys are in here?"
"Yeah, we came looking for a lost puppy." says Cormen.
"I heard some barking a few floors down, so it's probably down there somewhere. I can take us down to that floor, if you guys want to." volunteers Frank. "I just can't abide innocent creatures dying for no reason."
While they're debating whether to take up the offer, Frank waits paitently. All of a sudden he whips out his axe, and throws it between Cormen and Amanda.
"Hey!" Cormen exclaims indigantly, but he's cut off by the most unearthly scream he's ever heard. Amanda and Cormen turn to look at what caused the scream, and see a giant queen ant slump to the ground, it's skull crushed by the axe buried in it. As they watch, the axe removes itself, and floats back to Frank, who takes it and holsters it again.
(OOC: wow! that's a long post. I hope you guys can read through it all. It doesn't matter if you guys take me up on my offer or not; I'm still coming with you, and I'm giving you an alternative to roleplay through all the floors.)

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 10, 2001 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

OOC: (yay, class was cancelled! I get time to post here!)

Duke, we kind of had to go in different directions because so many people had joined. Well, it should take a while for Amanda, Cormen and Frank to get out of the Puppy Cave, but once they do, I guess I should prepare to write something depressing and melodramatic. When Amanda gets back to Terinyo, only to find that her best friend is dead... oh man, this is not going to be pretty... I'll have to wait until I'm in a very stressed out mood in order to make it suitably depressing...

Frank, I hope you don't mind my giving your character amnesia, it's just that I'd really like to write right now and I need something to write about.

IC: Amanda gaped, awe-struck, as the axe floated back to Frank. "Could you... do you think dat maybe you could teach me magic?" She suddenly felt deeply embarrassed, asking such a demanding favor of a stranger who had just saved her life. She should be the one doing things for him, not the other way around. But she had always wanted to learn magic. In her travels as a merchant, and especially in the year she spent living near Duke, she had seen many wizards, and watched their feats with envy. Elves seemed to come by magic so naturally. She owned a book of Fire Bolt, but she never got very far trying to read it. The trollish language had no written form, and it was hard enough for Amanda to speak English, let alone try to interpret written words. She could read scrolls and the labels on potions and the numbers on coins, and that was all a merchant needed to know. But she still found herself dreaming about having the power of magic.

"Of course," Frank replied. "Once I have some free time to teach you. Let's find this dog and then we'll go back to Terinyo and you can be my apprentice."

"Thank you!" Amanda exclaimed. "But... but would I have to leave me friends? Me friend Duke Vince Ravage is da reason I'm in da Drakalor Chain to begin with. He wants to prove himself a great fighter. He is a good fighter, but me feel like I need to protect him. Me saved his life once, and, even though he a couple hundred years older dan me, by Elvish standards I think he younger dan me. I want to keep him from getting hurt."

"Then I'll go with you and Vince," Frank said. "This should be a good adventure!"

Still feeling uncomfortable that someone so superior to her was treating her as an equal, Amanda led Frank and Cormen through the dungeon. Some levels and several dead monsters later, they found a room with pile of rocks on the floor and a hole in its ceiling. With a wave of his hand, Frank made the rocks move aside to reveal a skeleton and a traveller's sack. "A stalactite must have fallen, crushing this poor man's skull. He must have died long ago, or there'd be more of him left."

Suddenly Frank and Cormen were both startled by the sound of Amanda's scream. "What's the matter?!" Frank exclaimed.

Amanda looked around in bewilderment, as if surprised by her own reaction. "I... I don't understand... just know something bad just happened. Something very, very bad. I... felt it... can't explain..." She tried to fight back the tears that were welling in her eyes.

"Perhaps something similar just happened," Frank hypothesized. "Amanda, you grew up in a cave like this, didn't you? Perhaps you can sense when rock causes something to change. Have you ever felt anything like this before?"

Amanda nodded. "When me brother died. It was a similar accident. He stepped on a loose stone and a trap was activated. I... I very scared..."

"Well, we're all alive," Cormen reassured her. "Maybe it was a kobold or something, somewhere in this cave."

"Cormen's probably right," said Frank. He examined the dead man's backpack, and found a scroll inside. "How about we have our first lesson in magic? That ought to take your mind off of this. I need to know how well you can read. Here, tell me what this says." He handed her the scroll.

Amanda looked it over, but couldn't decipher it. "Me don't read good," she admitted, feeling ashamed. She had always been told that she was smarter than most trolls, but to the wizard she must seem like an idiot.

"Let me see if I can help you," Frank said, reading over her shoulder. But as he skimmed it over, a look of consternation appeared on his face. "No... no... you FOOL!" He grabbed the scroll and tore it to pieces.

"What?! What I do?!"

"No, not you, me! Why didn't I identify it first! That was so STUPID... Some scrolls have magical properties. That was a scroll of... of amnesia... I can feel it taking effect..." Frank sunk to the floor, holding his head in his hands.

"Frank?" Amanda asked, worriedly.

Frank looked up at the troll, his eyes widening. "Don't kill me! Get away from me, you monster!" He picked up his axe and waved it around in the air, as though he had never used an axe as a weapon before.

"Frank! Me not going to hurt you!"

Frank blinked. "Yes, that's right. You're... Amanda, right? Where am I?"

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

ooc: I was planning on holding back the amnesia part until after we had saved the puppy, but whatever. Don't you think I should be able to gain my memory back at some point, with a wish, or something like that? But, but to in character...
ic:
Amanda says, "You in cave in da Drakolar Chain. Wes gonna save a puppy from all da bad monsters in here."
Frank says slowly, "Yes, I remember that, but how did I forget almost everything else?"
Cormen speaks up, nearly forgotten (ooc: actually totally forgotten up to this point), "You read a scroll of amnesia, and by what you've forgotten, I'm assuming it was cursed."
Frank says ironically, "Hmm, that's the third time that's happened to me. (OOC: he didn't forget everything, just spells, his identified stuff, and weapon skills) Looks like I'll have to find another way to restore memory. In the mean time, let's see what I got in my pack."
Frank takes off his pack and upends it. Instantly stuff starts pouring out, growing into a pile of coins, jewels, a few weapons, a very large shield, some amulets, some soft-looking boots, and quite a mish-mash of books. A few seconds after the torrent stops, Frank shakes the pack, and a very heavy book falls out with a thud, no few scrolls, and the rain of money starts again.
Cormen looks on in disbelief as the pile grows larger and larger, quickly surpassing what the pack should've been able to hold. Frank gives the pack to Amanda, so holds it while money pools around her feet.
"Cormen, do you have a scroll of identify?" Frank asks.
"Uh, yeah, I got one. Why?" Cormen retorts.
"How much you want for it?" Frank gestures at the pile. "I have so much stuff, you can take your pick of what I got here. But leave some stuff for Amanda, and all the spellbooks are mine."
(ooc: Simius, now's the perfect time for you to post, plus you can get a few high powered items while you're at it. btw, the pack is mine, so that's off limits, too.)

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

OCC: oh man, I really wanted that pack,well what ever.

ICC: Cormen handles the scroll,"why do you need it? Frank says looking at his stuff"I nearly forgot thát I had this"picking up an amulet and gives it to Cormen"I have to remember identify my scrolls from now on,so I start by buying scroll of identify from you.Take this amulet,I don't remember exactly what it is,but I remember that it had something to do with life." Cormen takes the amulet and starts digging into Franks stuff. An hour later Cormen starts to put books back into the pack."I'll take these,an eternium halberd of defense,I saw it once with a guard and it was really useful against everything.A few thousands of gold coins,few gems and a phase dagger.It's all I need.Amanda I took this for you a large adamantium warhammer,it could be useful and this a girdle of giant strenght, it wil help you as a merchant because you can now carry much more."

OCC:I read wot too,I just finished winters heart last week,>

Bear
Registered user

Last page view:

8153 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

dunno why it does that but thats why i use internet explorer to view forums.anyways i know i haven't posted in a while but i will be coming in soon.sorry for the loss amanda but perhaps another nice troll could cheer you up.my charachters name is also Bear.

"He who conquers the past controls the future. He who conquers the future controls the past. -Kain from Command and Conquer." -Bear
Tyrenn
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

OOC:
I was hoping to meet Duke on the way to the healer... Oh well...

I hope the following contains not too much mistakes =)

IC:
The grey elf entered Lawenilothehl at noon. The village, an antipode of Terinyo, to an extent, wasn't simply dirty. It had the unmistakeable look of a place run by people who have no time, money or understanding for even personal hygiene.
The only exception to this was a small house on the southern side. By the (comparatively) good looks of it, and by the presence of a large half-orc at the front door one would easily recognize it as the local chief's residence.

Grey elf's observations were interrupted by a soft voice from behind:
"Greetings, collegue. What brought you to this... place?"
"About the same thing as you, I guess", the elf replied, "Is that job offer still valid?"
"Afraid not. You should try somewhere else", the voice grew much colder.
"Afraid not", said the elf mockingly and suddenly fell to the ground in a half-spin.
His adversary, a young human clad in black, thrust forward a short sword, but missed. The next moment he was looking in surprise at his chest, where an intricate dagger handle appeared as if from nowhere. With hardly a sound the unfortunate assassin fell to the ground.
"Hmm... Think I won't need dem recommendation letters now", said a black-bearded man who now stood in the doorway of the house. "Ye looking for da job, right?"
"Right so, Mr...", the elf said, rising from the ground.
"Hotzenplotz. Dat's how they call me. Come in, things aren't discussed in dem streets"

Some half an hour later the grey elf left the house of Hotzenplotz, accompanied by the owner.
"So ya got me right. Both of 'em, da sherrif an' da healer. I care not who first, jus' do it."
"It shall be done, Mr. Hotzenplotz."
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 10:06 (GMT -5)

ooc: You know, what happens if a few characters try protecting the other people instead of killing them? Most of us are lawful here, and so we won't appreciate Tyrnn trying to kill them. How are we gonna solve this problem? We can't just kill him, 'cuz Tyrenn would get real miffed then, without a chance to defend himself. Maybe we can banish him, or convince him not to kill the other guys? Or something around there anyway. Just my thoughts on the subject. btw, Ekaterin, thanks for writing out the character list. I am a high elf, just so you know.
Amanda, that's probably a really good idea, since my wizards are never super-duper religious, and maybe he can gain his memory back from his god.
ic: Frank takes the scroll from Cormen, and asks, "It is blessed, right?"
Cormen grins, "Frank, when have you seen me with anything other than blessed stuff? (ooc: Am I nice or what? :D)"
Frank grins back, "Since you took some of my stuff. I can't tell if it was cursed or otherwise when you took it. But thanks for the scroll."
Frank opens the scroll and starts reading the contents. While he is reading, the scroll starts glowing, brighter and brighter. Cormen and Amanda shield their eyes from the light, and when they can see again, they see the scroll crumble from Frank's hands into dust.
Frank blinks, "Wow! I didn't think I had THAT much stuff! (ooc: This gives me the opening to pull powerful items from my pack when we need them) Well, time to go. Come on, let's go find that dog."
Cormen and Amanda shoulder their much heavier packs, and Frank roots through his pack until he gets a spellbook. He shoulders his considerably lighter pack, opens the book, starts reading, and starts walking, totally oblivious to his surroundings. Cormen and Amanda exchange looks. "You take front, I got his back." Amanda says.
"Works with me. I know he needs to relearn his spells, but this is rediculous. Maybe we can save his life once or twice along the way." remarks Cormen, before he scampers to the head of the line.
(ooc: no more time to post, so maybe later)

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Tyrenn
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 11:46 (GMT -5)

OOC:
HicPotboy, I'm not into PC killing. As for NPC killing -- actually I thought Duke would stop me from getting the healer or at least do the carpenter quest before I get mine =).
As for the sheriff... Wouldn't it be a nice twist? =) If I find a way to pull that one at all.
Bear
Registered user

Last page view:

8153 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 17:48 (GMT -5)

ha that would be interesting to see if you kill him in terinyo without the druid blasting you or munxip killing you with his rail gun coin.:) ah well soon i shall be in. -Bear

"He who conquers the past controls the future. He who conquers the future controls the past. -Kain from Command and Conquer." -Bear
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 09:48 (GMT -5)

OOC: Wow, this thread is going nowhere. Lets get going, people.
IC: While the little party is going deeper into the dungeon, Frank pores over his spellbooks. Every so often, he looks up, concentrates, and practices his new spells.
"Hey!" Cormen says, a fireball wizzing past his head. He spins around. "Frank, that's enough! You know enough to blow every monster in here to the shades and back! So stop learning more-"
Cormen is interrupted by a hollow boom. He turn around, and sees a gelatinous cube melting before his eyes. He turns back to Frank. "You've made your point; keep on learning." He turns around and keeps walking.
Frank closes his book, and reaches for a new one. His eyes widen. "Since when have I had a spellbook of Bless?" he asks.
Cormen replies wearily, "Since you got one way back when. Do try to remember from now on, OK?"
Frank looks abashed, "OK, Cormen, got it. No more questions."
Out in the distance, they hear a bark.
Amanda perks up, "Dat must be da puppy. Let's go get it!" She lumbers past Frank and Cormen, trying to find the puppy.
Frank and Cormen look at each other. Cormen shrugs. Frank grins. "Let's go get it!" Cormen grins back, and they break into a run after Amanda. They find her on her knees, playing with the cutest dog they've ever seen.
"Amanda, we're supposed to SAVE the puppy, not play with it to death." Frank laughs.
Amanda looks up sheepishly, "Ya, you right." She picks up the puppy, and stand up. They turn around, and start finding their way out of the dungeon.
OOC: There, I've finished that quest, unless Dougy the goblin or someone else wants to jump in and try to stop us from rescuing the puppy. Hopefully this gets this thread moving again.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Amanda
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

OOC: Still can't get logged back on, stupid password. Thanks for reviving the thread, Frank. (awww, cute little puppy :-)). I'll post more once finals week is over. (crap, another final in 3 hours. Gotta study soon. This is going to be a very short post.)

IC: The puppy snuggled into the troll's furry arms. "Let's get outta here. I wanna try out dis new warhammer, but first I wanna get dis little doggie back to Terinyo."

OOC: told you it would be short. Dougy (or anyone else), feel free to cause a conflict here, provided you don't kill my dog... err, the little girl's dog. I don't want this thread to die again, but I don't want to get back to Terinyo until after Christmas, when I'll have enough time to write a long post. (besides, who wants to write or read about a dead elf and a suicidally depressed troll right before Christmas?)
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2001 at 22:42 (GMT -5)

OOC: Time to bump this thread...

IC: The puppy squirmed out of Amanda's arms as the trio reached Terinyo. "Hey! Hey, where you goin'?" Amanda called, running after the dog. When she caught up with it, it was running in circles around the little girl. "Awww," said Amanda, dropping to her knees to play with the dog. "He don't wanna be with me now that he can be wid you..."

The child smiled gratefully at Amanda. "You found me puppy? You is true heroine! I was so worried about you 'cause of the dead man the elder found. I thought maybe something had happened to you, too."

Amanda froze. "Dead man? What dead man?"

"I don't know who he was. All I know's some man, Mommy says he's an elf, showed up earlier today and talked to Elder Rynt. Then I saw him and the Elder digging a grave, and they had a body wrapped in a sheet." She bit her lip. "It was scary."

Amanda sighed. "Must have been an accident when dey went to find da carpentar. Poor Sengoku, he seemed like such a nice guy. It's so unfair dat things like dis happen to good people. Poor Sengoku..."

"Sengoku?" the girl asked. "Me think that's what the Elder called the elf man who found the body."

"Sengoku's alive? Den, den dat dead man..." The painful realization suddenly occurred to Amanda. Later she would try to remember what had happened next, but all she could remember was a vague blur, her senses drowned out by raw emotions. She was vaguely aware of the little dog barking and the girl crying out in surprise as the troll took off down the street. The shocked stares of the townspeople went completely unnoticed as Amanda shot across the town. The only thing she was aware of seeing was Cormen and Frank, talking somberly to Sengoku.

"WHERE RYNT?! SHE TOLD ME HE WAS BURYING HIM!!!"

The surprised and frightened elf pointed toward a clearing in the woods surrounding the small town. He opened his mouth to speak but before he could get a word out the troll was gone.

By the time she reached the gravesite, Amanda had started to calm down. Disbelief had set in; there was no way Vince could be dead. She remembered one day, shortly after she had saved Vince's life, when she had overheard some other elves taunting the Duke. One of them kept saying "You know that savage troll is going to die soon anyway, so why are you friends with her?" When she asked Vince what that meant, he explained that, compared to elves, trolls live very short lives. He had laughed at the shocked expression on her face when he told her that he was over two hundred years old, and wasn't even considered an adult yet. Ever since then, Duke had seemed immortal to Amanda. It seemed like a given fact that she would live and die and Duke would live on for an unimaginable amount of time. Vince couldn't be dead now.

"Elder Rynt?" Amanda said hesitantly as she approached the gravesite. "Elder Rynt? Who died?"

The elder looked up from the gravedigging and smiled sadly at the troll. "A young elf named Vince Ravage. I believe he was a duke in Elfland."

Amanda shook her head. "No, dere's been a mistake. Vince can't be dead. I'll show you..." She walked over to the corpse and began to move aside the linen sheet that covered it.

"No!" Rynt pulled Amanda's hands away. "Girl, you don't want to see what that looks like. His skull was smashed by a falling rock. His face wouldn't be recognizable to you, it's... it's all torn apart." But he wasn't fast enough to stop her. Rynt was right, the bloody mess wasn't identifiable. But the blood-stained clothing was his, as was the chain mail and the sword with Elven runes carved on its blade.

Some villagers claim to have heard a cry that day, a loud, echoing cry like an animal in intense pain, coming from the forest. All Rynt could say about the matter was that the troll had run into the forest, screaming prayers half in Trollish, begging Ka'Omsh to do the impossible and bring her friend back from the dead.

OOC: Okay, sorry about the morbidness of this post. I'll write a more optimistic one later, when Amanda becomes a Champion of Law. In the meantime, the rest of you do the carpentar quest. I'll meet you back at Terinyo.

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2002 at 17:25 (GMT -5)

IC:
Frank watched his huge friend run off. He felt very sad, but he didn't know the elf, so he couldn't relate to her. Cormen started going after her, but Frank grabbed his shoulder.
"Hold up. I think she needs to be alone." he said.
Just then, they heard an animal howl, coming from somewhere in the forest.
Frank looked up. "That was Amanda. Maybe she needs more time that we thought." He looked around. "Maybe we should finish what Vince started. What do you think, Cormen?" Frank looked questioningly at the elf.
Cormen thought it over, and nodded. "Yeah, I think that's the best way to honor his memory. Why don't we ask Sengoku to come along, too? He ought to know what's ahead of us at least for a while."
Frank looked at Cormen. "I didn't think of that. Yeah, let's ask him."
Frank and Cormen look around town, and found Sengoku standing quietly at a grave. They walked up behind him and stood there, respecting the fallen elf.
Sengoku spoke quietly, "You want something?"
Frank replied, "We want to finish what you two started. Would you like to come along and help?"
OOC: here's where sengoku answers, to see whether he wants to come along or not. Cormen, sorry about assuming you'd want to come, too. If you don't, a family emergency or somesuch can come up, and then I'd be alone (again). Just make your decisions, and we'll go from there. btw, Amanda, you have a natural storytelling flair yourself. We ought to collaborate on the story I'm writing. How about it? I never was good at english in school. Jan, can you move my story thread into here, too? It's not roleplaying, but it is a story, after all. Thanks.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/3/2002 at 17:34 (GMT -5) by HicPotboy]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 03:07 (GMT -5)

OOC: i've decided that, if the ADOM-2 roleplay isn't going newhere, mebe this one will. i'm not even going to *try* to catch up on what happened, but try to weave in this char's appearance at some point...

IC: With a silent chuckle, Vicear, a smaller-than-average gnome with a very close cropped beard, gently slid a small dagger out of it's sheath -- being worn by a stupid farmer that was simply standing around daydreaming. The farmer didn't notice a thing, and Vicear quietly melted back into the shadows to inspect his new possesion. He compared it with his own knife, and after a moment's thought decided it wasn't worth the hassle of finding somewhere to put it and hurled back in the direction of the farmer. It landed at the farmer's feet, and when the farmer finally noticed it, he decided it had simply slipped out of it's sheath, so he picked it up and put it back.

OOC: Gnomish theif. Just played one; second highest level char i've ever had. Lvl 16, decided to do the Pyramid just a little bit too early... well, that and a baby karmic dragon on the top level did me in.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/1/2002 at 03:08 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: