Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Stat Increases when at Max?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Fury
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 at 07:58 (GMT -5)

I usually scum for strength with a ring of weakness/ring of doom and eating stone giants, but this character has no food preservation skill and it is far too tedious.

Also, I've got no wand of cold to get the RotHK (can you believe that?) and am gremlin scumming, so I thought I'd combine the two...

Gremlin scumming after paying garth about 25K or so while wearing a ring of weakness.

Here's the questions:
1. If my strength is at 30 of possible 30, will garth's training increase the potential like herbs, or will he increase the stat, like eating a corpse does?

2. When does garth determine what your strength is for the purposes of payment? Should my strength be at 2 when I talk to garth? Or when I am waiting for the level increase?

Thanks in advance, I usually have food preservation and this is not an issue, *grumble grumble* Orc Beastfighters.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 at 17:34 (GMT -5)

1. Garth will increase the potential first like herbs. (or rather, YOU will as a result of the training..)

2. Stats should be minimized when you talk to him. After that (right after if you wish) you can raise them back up. I use this way with sickness/starvation and thats how it works. If you're using a ring of weakness you might as well walk around strained while waiting for the levelups. Demolish the ogre level for ore, for example...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: