Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Exp

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Karry
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

What does total exps depends on ?

For example i created a gnome wiz and looked at his exp, it said he needs 9,3 million to lev.41.
Another gnome wiz, with all stats lower than first one had 8,8 million to lev.41. Why ?

And before someone (you know who you are) asks - NO, its not because of starsigh exp "discount"

Speaking of which...is it still unknown what "lost brother" and stuff means ?
LordFrederick
Registered user

Last page view:

6786 days, 14 hours, 26 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

I think the guidebook has some general information on that.

I.e.

undead packing up means undead will occasionally flee from you (an annoying effect if you ask me)

two headed goat means more chance of special dungeon features.

long lost brother is better skill rolls.

falling star is uncertain, proficiency with missile skills?

I never examined the exp formula at all. All i know is general information like how gnomes tend to advance faster and trolls the slowest. Class probably has some effect on this as well, and maybe even minor effects from various starsigns excluding cup. I would think initial learning would have some influence.

All that jumble about your family history and getting apprenticed etc. probably has some effect on the exp you would need to advance, which is probably a difference your two wizards have (you mentioned race/class/starsign are all the same)

Through all of this, if your two characters have identical starsign, race, class, and background, maybe theres some random factor at play.

Just some stuff to think about.
Cobalt
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 22:51 (GMT -5)

I thought two headed goat halfved your exp required to get to level 50? i know i had a troll healer and it was almost 50 million to get there but on the next troll healer created with two headed goat it was only somthing like 13 million
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6598 days, 16 hours and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

...I thought two headed goat halfved your exp required to get to level 50? i know i had a troll healer and it was almost 50 million to get there but on the next troll healer created with two headed goat it was only somthing like 13 million...

IIRC the specials double rolls for good things possible this is a nice effecr from it. Tough luck though :)
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5113 days, 7 hours, 10 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 08:12 (GMT -5)

From an earlier post: (Twinge)
"The guidebook is really wrong on this, and sadly the effects of these birth messages are really pretty weak. (Though, if they were too strong, people would scum for them for every new character.)

From what Vladimir and I can tell, only 2 of them even have an effect at all; the effect being reduced exp costs for level ups (by 10%). The two that do this are Falling Star and Two-headed Calf; the other two seem entirely meaningless.

So, the only effects you'll be getting is a little faster leveling up. Nice, but not some miracle worker of luck ;)"
Karry
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 09:13 (GMT -5)

"From what Vladimir and I can tell"
"So, the only effects you'll be getting is a little faster leveling up."

Well, as i said, its still unknown, nobody is certain.
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6598 days, 16 hours and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 at 06:54 (GMT -5)

...Well, as i said, its still unknown, nobody is certain...

Karry:
IIRC you came here after Twinge went lurking. It is true that there's a possibility that his statement was wrong. However in this forum, he is already famed for giving accurate and indepth info about ADOM mechanics. Dont mess with his words of wisdom :)
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
N(MBLNG)
Registered user
Formerly known as NMBLNG

Last page view:

6854 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 at 09:13 (GMT -5)

I know experience also fepends on the level of the monster, and how many you've killed before. After a while in the Gremlin Cave, they start to give you only 1 or 2 exp....

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: