Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Help me... :-(

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7923 days, 1 hour, 4 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2001 at 21:57 (GMT -5)

I'm a level 15 trollish merchant. I want to be able to use magic (because I want to level up and it's getting to the point where strength alone isn't enough. I try to enter the bug temple or any other difficult area, and I get mauled) but I don't have the concentration spell. Any advice on how to get this skill? I don't mind scumming for it but I can't find any pools.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5829 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 01:32 (GMT -5)

There is no other way to get this skill, if you don't initially have it, without a wish, or good luck with potions of education, or scrolls of education. Since ur sig says u save scum, get one of these and drink/read it until u get concentration. There's no guaranteed way to get these.

Note: Potions of raw mana will be your friend in this situation. They increase your PP regeneration rate.

There are several pools in Darkforge, which will be moderately hard for a level 15. If you know how to get there already ignore the following paragraph.

Just below the barbarians glade enter the cave, on the first level there's a staircase guarded by a steel golem. Kill that and go downstairs. If you can't kill that you wouldn't want to go downstairs as there's a lot more of them.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7777 days, 3 hours, 43 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 06:42 (GMT -5)

You forgot them animated armors Dougy.They ca be quite a pain too.
Having the concentration skill does not equal to being able to cast spells.
Besides magic isnt essential.Why do you want magic with a troll.They suc at magic.They have the worst mana regenration rate.
While were on the topic of pools.Anyone have a complete list of pool efects?

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7898 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

Pool messages:
http://w3.nai.net/~andywlms/adomgb-0-13.html
0.13.9 section

Locke Cole
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7923 days, 1 hour, 4 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 12:10 (GMT -5)

Thanks, everyone.

Messiah, like in the roleplaying thread, I'm a merchant. If I were a fighter or barbarian or something it would be different, but as it is I'm about as weak as a troll can get (which still means I can beat the crap out of drakelings... *evil laugh*).

Now all I need is a bottle of booze or a scroll of charging so I can recharge my teleportation want and get to the pools in Darkforge without fighting a gollem. Anyone know if the pool colors have meaning? I read somewhere (fortune cookie, I think) that trolls should drink from red pools.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 17 hours, 45 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 20:38 (GMT -5)

i got that one too; looked it up on one of the spoiler sites, apparently it's false. trolls supposedly don't get any benifit from bloody pools.

ivan.sourceforge.net

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: