Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Rather boring cave? Need help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Seve
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 at 15:47 (GMT -5)

Well I went down on this rather boring cave and it seems to end on third floor which is full of teleportation traps.Got tele cont so was easy to get rid of em teleports but now I cant seem to find any kind of staircase to next level... is it on some secret room in which one cant get without teleporting?

I've been trying to tele miself to random dark spots with no luck and have run outta zaps on my wand of digging too :-(

Or perhaps it is just supposed to be this RATHER BORING...
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3895 days, 18 hours, 39 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 at 16:02 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
its a small room, disconnected from the rest of the level (which means digging or teleport), you can find it with a wand/scroll of item detection, since a wand of teleportation is located next to the stairs. But in order to go down the stairs, you must have triggered a specific amount of teleport traps on the level, otherwise you'll just get teleported away

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Seve
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

Thanks
*cobaltofdoom*
Registered user

Last page view:

6817 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 at 20:03 (GMT -5)

i didnt think it had anything to do with the number of traps you trip. ive triped them all before and it still took a while of wandering before it let you down. you get a special mesage wich is easy to miss i find it just beter using 'w' alot and randomly trying the stair case down you find
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5824 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 03:47 (GMT -5)

IIRC, you can use a blessed ?oMagic Mapping to detect the secret place.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 2 hours, 18 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 03:50 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Its not the number of traps, but the number of teleports from trap (or staircase) you are subjected to. I.e. you can try to descend from staircase 150 times, and then you will be attuned. It is said that is goes faster if you use teleport traps though, and that they should be furthest possible away from staircase (?).
Use a (scroll/wand) of item detection to locate the wand which lies next to staircase. Or use a blessed scroll of magic mapping
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6624 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 15:16 (GMT -5)

IIRC You must activate tele traps 6 times to be able to go down.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 16:11 (GMT -5)

Well got down. Were instantly attacked by 50 master assassin which my char got rid of and then came across some damn assassin prince who whipped my arse out of life in 4 turns... couldn't even teleport to heal myself! Goddamned and that char was doing fairly good bein precrowned'n'stuff...
BcotN
Registered user
SoaD junkie

Last page view:

6505 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 16:45 (GMT -5)

ok, not allways 6 times. as I have been through every single trap and it still hasn't given the
'you seem attuned to this place in a very special way' message. just use one trap continuisly untill it works. IIRC you don't have to set off anynumber, just teleport a number of times (which isn't allways 6).
You die...
Kyle
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

It's part of a quest that you need for an ultra ending. If you want one DO NOT kill the assasin prince.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: