Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Stupid Peddlers

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ademon
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

I have 2 ratling traders on the arena level that sell cooked lizard, ahh yummy lizard. Only problem is that now i'm high level and well into the late game and need food. The STUPID traders won't sell me any more! "Busssnesss closed whiles me waiting for new stuff" is all they ever say. Any way to make em make more stuff? Do you hafta stay on the level to generate time for them? ya can't just leave awhile then come back? I dunno? any ideas, cuz lizard is my staple food source.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7913 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 12:02 (GMT -5)

I've left the level and come back much later and they've restocked, but I don't know how long it takes.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 2 hours, 47 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 21:25 (GMT -5)

Hmm, I think you have to stay on the level... I usualy clean them out when I first come there and I can usualy buy at least one more time before I leave after becoming champion of the arena...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Ademon
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 23:48 (GMT -5)

Come to think of it...yeah the last time I bought from them was ONCE only after being the champion.
Maybe it has something to do with your arena status.
I'm gonna clean out the other junktraders (roaches, rat tails, etc.) and see if they'll restock. My fried bat people won't restock either.
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

7228 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

you know you can eat the fried bat as a altrnativ to cooked lizards??

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6311 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 20:06 (GMT -5)

Yeah, but you'll have to eat dozens of 'em to get your hungry status off...

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3746 days, 11 hours, 29 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2002 at 00:04 (GMT -5)

A note... IIIRC, each ratling trader sells the same sort of food he sold before he restocked... If I'm desperate to get neutral or chaotic, I'll usually kill off the ones selling roaches and worms.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Messiah
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 11, 2002 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

That isnt true.My first win ver 1 was hard fought.I was sufferrin a lot.The only ratling trader who sold cooked lizards restocked with worms and the only one selling bats never restocked.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 11, 2002 at 19:32 (GMT -5)

You probably just mixed them up. I always rename the ratlings after what they sell, and after cleaning out all the Cooked Lizard ones they always restock with more Cooked Lizards...

At least they have always done so thus far...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7889 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

Yupp, I also name the traders to something like lizzy or lizardman if they sell cooked lizards, and they *always* restock with lizards, and nothing else.

Locke Cole
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7753 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 14:30 (GMT -5)

Yeas rename ratlings roolaz, and I don't know, but my females PC didn't had any problems with bought lizards. Their hade it 500~700 cooked lizards. But my male trolish thiev, and male dark elf paladin and male dwarven priest of my friends their have some problems with ratlings. Maybe ratlings make buisnes only with female?;)
But if you want wait for restor stuff. Faight for champion arena, read spellbooks, dig for metal ore and gems;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 20:06 (GMT -5)

My current character is having bad luck with the traders, first time around I only got ~40 lizards out the of two that sold them (put together), so far only one have re-stocked and he only had another 15 or so. I'm actualy running out of cooked lizards!

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 20:27 (GMT -5)

Erik your actually PC is male or female? Hmmm and my actually trollish thiev (m) have big problems with ratlings traders... And I wished herbalizm and make arena room in level with herbs and I use lots of holy water, but I have a lots of stomafillia about 300 normal and about 300 blessed. It is a realy big food resources...

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Messiah
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 23:34 (GMT -5)

No Jan I'm quite sure.I rename those traders too.He restocked with worms.The guy who was selling fried bats never restocked.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 00:26 (GMT -5)

Messiah... It's stupid question, but are you really sure did you rename a propere traders? Traders are fast, very fast, when low PC meet theirs first time in low level. I always check, than I rename traders correct...

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7768 days, 47 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

Even if I did make a mistake in renaming how come there were no cooked lizards at all.No trader was selling lizards after I bought around 30-40.I spent days on the level.He restocked with stupid worms.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

Messiah and the last thing, did your PC was male or female... I know it's crazy, but mybe ratlings traders likes female?:)

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 21:05 (GMT -5)

My current one is a female and she hardly got any lizards, so I don't think gender have anything to do with it. Just the mood of the RNG.

Oh and the ones selling cooked lizards are ocationaly killed off by hostile monsters or traps, it's happened to me a few times. Nothing mysterious about that...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

Hmmm strange...... Once rebelian ratling was kiled by vipers from trap.... In arena sometimes are trap

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7768 days, 47 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 01:54 (GMT -5)

Ah that has happened to me too.He was killed by a stone trap.Jan just to be sure I counted all the traders.I marked him down.I named him.He stocked up with worms.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: