Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Hello there

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gandalf
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

My human wizard has just found a book of frost bolt I've read it and now it is gone now I can do the tower of eternal flames
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5634 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

what level are you? don't go rushing in w/o proper resistaces/immunitys. i did that once...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7748 days, 15 hours, 29 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

IIRC fire resistance lvl 2 is required to enter the ToEF.IMHO the ToEF marks the line between a beginner and an advanced player

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5634 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 16:41 (GMT -5)

ToEF doesn't *require* lvl 2 fire resist; it's just a *very* good idea.

ivan.sourceforge.net
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 02:53 (GMT -5)

Yes, it would be a pain if one had to keep healing him/herself all the time. Though once I had a char without LV2 fire resistance (no appropriate corpses generated) but luckily he had BoW so he kept regenerating as fast as he was losing HP :-)
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7901 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

Once you've eaten a few corpses you should be okay, try and save your mana for the frost bolts upon multiple baddies not just single ones unless their powerful ones like the fire giant kings.
It's not a good idea to stay their too long, your items will burn and you'll maybe lose HP, like everyone else said, LVL2 resistance is very advisable.

Sengoku
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 12:00 (GMT -5)

What I menat my lvl 2 is required is that it would be suicide to go in without it.Unless of course you have heaps of PoUH.

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7870 days and 53 minutes ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 21:40 (GMT -5)

Heaps of PoUH or magic map + teleport control and teleport on demand.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5801 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 22:40 (GMT -5)

Frost bolt alone isn't your ticket into the tower of eternal flames. You want resistance or immunity to fire. Crowning has a chance of giving you immunity. Rings of fire resitance give resitance. Crown of science grants immunity but that dooms you and that will cause your fireproof blankets to burn away and then your eq ur carrying. Also i think it makes the top level rather nasty.

You also would like to be at least level 20. Preferably 25ish, usually around then everything else in the game is cleared. I usually take down darkforge before considering the tower of eternal flames.

A high speed and dexterity is very useful on the top level.

Rings of ice and fireproof blankets need blessing to protect your equipment properly. If you don't have a ring of ice don't wear your best equipment, except artefacts eternium and crystal eq. Elemental gauntlets will protect any ring from destruction.

Invisability is a real boon (unless you have food problems), but is hard to get, rings of invisabilty are rare but easy to protect. Cloak of invisability will burn away without a ring of ice. Invisabilty from a pool is rare. It is possible to use just potions and spells.

It's also handy to take down bugville first if you have invisability, and build up your dex/speed.

Don't forget your pickaxe/wand of digging, and potions of ultra/extra healing when entering the temple. Oh and teleportation doesn't work on the top level but it's handy for the others with the high corruption rates.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 01:25 (GMT -5)

When it comes to ToEF elementalists rule. Since they get frost bolt from the beginning and get more castings with every exp.level they won't easily run out of it. And lv 30 frost bolt really rocks in ToEF...
Terry
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

also make sure that you put on two blessed rings of fire resistance, two blessed fire proof blankets, two rings of ice and a wand of digging 10 charges!
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7870 days and 53 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 11:57 (GMT -5)

And how would one go about putting on 4 rings? 2 fire resistance ones and 2 ice ones. :)

Locke Cole
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 13:04 (GMT -5)

With four hands of course.Or on diffrent fingers
Guess what he meant was equip either two blessed rings of fire resistance(your equipment will still melt) or two ring of ice.
Frankly you dont need two ring of ice just one blessed one.

J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 01:43 (GMT -5)

Yup, one blessed ring of Ice is enough to prevent item destruction, at least most of it. Sometimes items WILL burn even with blessed ring of Ice but it's very rare. Apparently with two blessed rings of ice there is only about 1% change of items being destroyed. Too bad rings of ice are not exactly common. Luckily my current human elementalist found one so ToEF should be sorted once I've collected a couple of exp levels before going there.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 14:15 (GMT -5)

The fewer itmes you have the less likely it is that something will burn. The rings probably have a scertain % chance to prevent items from burning, so it stand to reason that if you are carrying thousands of items one or two things will go up in flames once in a while.

On the other hand, bringing lots of junk makes it less likely for your good stuff to burn when the rings fail to protect something...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: