Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / mindcrafters in TOF

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

electric masada
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 03:59 (GMT -5)

if you've come out of TOF alive with a mindcrafter, how did you do it? the rare times my mindcrafters survive that far that there's nothing else left than TOF, it's always a certain death waiting.

i guess it'd help playing a drakish mindcrafter, but besides that i've no ideas.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3892 days, 2 hours, 32 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 07:36 (GMT -5)

wands of cold are your friends in the ToEF, and don't forget poison and dragon slayers.

You can use the confusion blast on the ACW if you need to, if you don't have wands, the corruption is not that bad, and what use do you have of not being corrupted if you are dead. Also remember to avoid melee combat with the ACW, since it has pretty formidable damage against a mindcrafter (and other classes too) and a corrupting melee attack.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5135 days, 10 hours, 11 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 at 14:56 (GMT -5)

Some other wands:

Wand of poison - hit then run, but I haven't found them THAT effective. Mabye I just lack the patience for the big purple W to croak.
Wand of webbing - Zap it then let the Wyrm walk into web is best. Then you get a few rounds of whacking at him in melee.
Wand of paralysis - Might need a few hits to work. But after that just walk up to him and tear him a new snot-hole.

Or just plain melee him. Remember that DV/PV increasing mindcraft-ability. You'll need a supply of blessed good healing potions, but the ToEF is what the dwarven elder's gift are for. Praying isn't that expensive either, and SI's and stomofillia is cheap...I always forget about praying when I do ToEF so I don't know if you get pickaxes instead of healing up there, if you do just lure the Worm down a level.

Dragon slaying ammo can work - don't equip it until Wyrm is within range and you have a clear shot. With luck you can shoot him before your bow/arrows burn up. (Or if you were lucky enough to find a ring of ice it's no problem here)
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

Do fireproof blankets protect worn equipment?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3892 days, 2 hours, 32 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 at 11:34 (GMT -5)

nope
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
d666
Registered user
zombie

Last page view:

6804 days, 4 hours, 16 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 at 11:07 (GMT -5)

if blankets did that, rings of ice would be worthless... i'm not sure it's not my imagination;), but immunities seem to reduce item destruction a bit.

btw, i think mindcrafters should excel in ranged combat. with a wand of teleport (take the guarantee one from the assassin guild, dip it in booze whenever necessary), a formidable wskill in bows or xbows, and a couple of mithril (...and slaying..) ammo you shouldn't have much trouble in the TOEF. remember to pacify the bigroom and increase all stats (i think Ma, Wi and To are most important) to ~30 with herbs+sickness+cursed PoEx.
What do you wish for? *THUMBS* EM_
Silence.
Silence.
*THUMB* *THUMB* *THUMB*
You die...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?