Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Talents

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1219 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 at 16:24 (GMT -5)

If im playing a dwarven melee character of any type, i find it almost mandatory to take the +PV talents all the way to Mithril skin, simply because they are the only ones that can get it.

I strive for Treasure finder with some of the weaker, more item dependant classes. Missile weapon mastery with archers, and Melee weapon mastery with fighters.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5135 days, 2 hours and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2005 at 04:31 (GMT -5)

About speed - I tend to get them. But I try to wait till after I've scummed some killer/greater bugs or quicklings. This because I think that if your speed is high your chance of getting an increase is lessened. So if I take the speed talents early they are mostly wasted if I plan to scum later on. Also you gain less exp for the rest of the game when your speed goes up. Mabye 1% lost per 2 speed increases, not much but still there.

I know speed really helps in low-level survival, but I get long stride for that reason. I think it translates into a 5 point (over 100) speed increase and should keep you safe at low levels (unless you are burdened/bloated)

I repeat that I always get PV for low-armored caster classes. PV is so useful vs. low-level monsters.

Example. Char A, 0 PV, and DV giving monsters a 50% chance to hit. A hit might do 1-5 damage.
Char B, 3 PV, DV giving monsters 90% chance to hit.

After 100 monster hits:
Char A takes 150 points of damage.
Char B takes 54 points of damage.

At low monster damage the PV beats DV hands down. And this is the only time my chars are vulnerable. Good thing for caster classes, as this enables them to conserve spells at the start, as well as giving them much chance to improve weapon/shield skills (spear - which gives more DV)

Thats just my play-style though. I just hate to see my little guys die :)

One slightly annoying thing about PV is that it becomes impossible to whip yourself lawful. But high Toughness will do that too (and I can't imagine _I_ will drink cursed toughness potions heh)
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5981 days, 10 hours, 44 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2005 at 14:55 (GMT -5)

there's a very nice cartoon "Wings, legs, tail" were an Eagle, a Straus and a lizard argue what is better - wings, legs or tail.

Tail wins :)
Ubi patria ibi bene!
sad the archer
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 04:59 (GMT -5)

huh, is this russian cartoon translated and shown abroad ?
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: