Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / 2nd crowning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

melonhead
Registered user
The tasty

Last page view:

6638 days, 18 hours, 14 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 at 20:18 (GMT -5)

ok so after being crowned the first time how much peity must i have before i can be crowned again...im a dwarf and saced 300k gold but still my prayer remains unheard and i am still only very close... ne help hints suggestions??
To all things an end must come..yours will be swift im sure....
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

Once you get crowned, there are no messages about "extremely close" generated anymore. Since there is only one crowning per game, I take it you are trying to become postcrowned. Did you keep track of the artifacts generated during your game? Don't forget that postcrowning will only take place if your level is equal to or higher than 8+3*(Number of artifacts generated).

By the way, question from my side: I can't get precrowned despite being extremely close. I am Level 18, and the following artifacts (should) have been generated: Ancient Mummy Wrapping, ankh, and a whole lot of sis. Does each si count for the pre/postcrowning formula? This would explain why it won't work. Im frustrated!
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5114 days, 5 hours, 6 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 04:28 (GMT -5)

No the SI is only one. You could fail because of being doomed, but of course you are not, unless you sacced first, then went and got doomed somehow, and then prayed.

So the only explanation is that other artifacts have been generated. If you are sure its none of the guaranteed, then it must be a random. If this is the case, you did not have "bad luck" here, I mean, you got your free artifact (somewhere). You might be able to level up to 20 and get your precrown then. (Scum around in ID: or even deeper mabye? Will be boring, but you'll find some items as well)

By the way, are you sure you didn't generate:

• Moon sickle? (If you did dwarf quest #2, it sometimes is generated)
  • The golden gladius? (Still generated if given away)
  • Phial of Caladriel? (Did you poke in here?
  • Elemental Gauntlets? (Generated even if you didn't dig up the sword)

*If not, well then check shops again, check the vault in PC again. Im sure there must be an artifact lying around. (It could even have been generated by a monster drop in ID, and therefore is lost forever.)
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6599 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 04:30 (GMT -5)

Each si DOES count.

Soz, couldnt resist :) No, they dont.

Unless you are in the same alightment with the God:
There might be some more artifact around. I think you can test you luck again later at lvl 20.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 09:41 (GMT -5)

Okay, The guy's dead now anyway. I found out the reason was another one. Three artifacts means Lvl 17 for precrowning, right? And I was Lvl 16, not 18. Arithmetics don't seem to be one of my virtues. (What was I thinking?)

What's really bugging me now is that there were still only three artifacts when I turned lvl 17, so a Precrowning would still have been possible... And, no, there was no random artifact generated during the game.

Thanks for trying to help me anyway. Hopefully I won't mix up numbers anymore in the future, or I am beyond help.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
melonhead
Registered user
The tasty

Last page view:

6638 days, 18 hours, 14 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 16:46 (GMT -5)

thx guys i died and relsied 13 artifacts were generated.....i was lvl 24....lol owell next time maybe

To all things an end must come..yours will be swift im sure....

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: