Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / chaotic neutral lawfull....???

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

melonhead
Registered user
The tasty

Last page view:

6660 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 12:42 (GMT -5)

if im heavily chaotic how do i become lawfull quick and easy i just started this char and hate bein chaotic......????
To all things an end must come..yours will be swift im sure....
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5046 days, 15 hours, 22 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 13:15 (GMT -5)

If you know the location of a lawful altar, that would be very useful. Simply sacrifice one or two gold pieces at a time and you will be drawn towards the altars alignment.

Killing Hotzenplotz the Crime Lord and then talking to the sheriff will yield a marble amulet which is an amulet of Law. Wearing that will (over time) make you lawful.

Otherwise, the starting quests should theoretically shift your alignment. Finding the puppy dog (dead or alive) and telling the tiny girl about it (as well as giving her the corpse, and also spending some time with her) will result in a lawful alignment boost. Helping Yriggs by having him healed also shifts your alignment towards lawful.

Talk to everyone you are able to, all the townsfolk, all the beggars and non hostile people. One of them may say 'I feel lonely' and you are given the option to stay with them a while. This also helps.

That's pretty much about it. If you manage to kill Kranach and Hotenplotz, you'll learn the Law skill as well, which is useful.

Hotzenplotz can be a pain to kill at the start, especially for a non wizard. However there is a way around it if you are lucky. If you kill Kranach, you get 3000 gold pieces. If you are LUCKY, then you might find a wand of -bolt spell-in the shop, which you can buy to kill Hotzenplotz straight off before maybe even level 3 or 4.

Hope that helps

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/19/2005 at 13:17 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3111 days, 14 hours, 8 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 13:55 (GMT -5)

Give food to beggars. Buy out the food store, and give out all the cheap large rations.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4950 days, 5 hours, 2 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

Giving money to beggars or tools and/or seeds to farmers also helps a bit. And for every 50 or so gold pieces you give to a beggar, you get something special in return...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5821 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

Booze, to be specific. This is a spoiler forum, afterall...
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 15:30 (GMT -5)

Nope, usually it's a random fortune cookie message, most beggars I meet don't have any booze to drop :/
A realist sees a train.
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5982 days, 9 hours, 17 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 17:03 (GMT -5)

They prefer to drink it themselves... Maybe they just don't trust you enough :)

BTW, maybe chance for obtaining booze from them is Cha-based?
Ubi patria ibi bene!
benappo
Registered user

Last page view:

6671 days, 20 hours, 14 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 03:51 (GMT -5)

You do get booze from a beggar, but only when you give them gold and chat to them for the first time.

Subsequent attmepts to chat to the same beggar yields only fortune cookie-type messages.

To alleviate this, kill the beggar once you've got your booze then wait for the next beggar to spawn, give him gold, chat to him, collect booze, rinse and repeat.

Then it's off to Terrinyo to ply the fool with booze and collect all the potions he gives in return - hopefully getting a PoGA...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 04:11 (GMT -5)

Not always - I get a booze for 150 gold&a Chat only from 1/3 beggars I find (fist talk).
A realist sees a train.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5136 days, 33 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 07:59 (GMT -5)

...just remember that killing beggars is bad for your Lawful alignment. (Even if theyre hostile).

The act of killing Hozenplotz is also lawful (even without telling sheriff). As is the killing of the Mad Doctor. I generally save that 'Killing Doctor' and 'Chatting to the Girl' actions for late in he game, if I feel I'm going to need L+ alignment (for Lawful Crowning), especially if I want to go ultra (therefore being C at a fairly high level).

Amulet of Law is easy enough to get, and it's even blessed. You don't need to receive quest (at level 10) to get it, but the altar way is really very fast. Altar in Dwarftown is generated Neutral even if PC is chaotic, remove all eq except trash in missile slot, and sac 1 gold at a time is foolproof way of going to N. I have yet to play a game where no altars were generated in Puppy cave, Druid cave or the UD.

If I start out lawful, I usually lure the sheriff over to Lawinthowal. When he arrives there, he will say something like "Let's slay some evil bandits" and hand you a 'deputy's badge'. This is an uncursed amulet of law (for backup, or even for selling). I will then almost always go to N alignment to get pickpocketing and work towards getting skills&training from Yergius.

I'd agree with Benappo, I think I get booze out of every beggar I meet. Some need 3-4 gifts of 50 gold and chatting before they cough it up, but I think I get 1 booze from every one, given time.
benappo
Registered user

Last page view:

6671 days, 20 hours, 14 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 09:38 (GMT -5)

Sorry - i forgot to add that it can take a few donations of gold to get the beggar to cough up his booze; Molach is correct on that one.

I think i once had to give 6 donations of 50gold to get one, but they do cough up eventually

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: