Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Gardening

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Terry
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 09:52 (GMT -5)

when i planted a herb seed nothing grew out of it even though iwas 100 gardening. why doesn't this skill work?
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5657 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

stuff won't grow unless it's in the right level (one that already has herbs).

ivan.sourceforge.net
Ademon
Registered user

Last page view:

8132 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 14:02 (GMT -5)

Duke? Where did you hear that?
That's not true. Herbs grow on any level where you plant them, as long as it's suitable ground.
Pouring water on the herb square will help it grow.
Ya dont hafta use herb seeds either. Plant seeds work also if ya pour water on them. I usually plant quite a few per square then pour water, and voilla an herb.
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7924 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

Can you make a crop of herbs in Terinyo? I'd love to start the game and just live in Terinyo for a while and make my living by selling herbs to the shop and sometimes go out hunting for jackels and stuff.
It would be really cozy in a way. I think that's just me being strange though, anyone else ever tried to live a peaceful life on Adom?

Sengoku
Ademon
Registered user

Last page view:

8132 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

I believe I tried to plant herbs in Terinyo before, prolly in a prev version,but I don't think they grow there.
Yea I suppose you could play some sort of metalman game based on a peaceful life. Such as a merchant who collects and sells stuff. But you can never make a profit by buying and reselling at a different store can you? Or how about playing a weaponsmith? You make money buy forging items and selling them. It'd be hard to scrape enough money up to continually repair your pick axes. As a gardener that'd be cool too. Maybe try playing a hunter, selling corpses and items off of wilderness encounters. I think that's what TB's new JADE project is about; being able to play as anything.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5824 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2001 at 03:49 (GMT -5)

From what i've heard and what i've experimented with i think the herbs work like thus -

Gardening can work anywhere (as long as u water ur plants)... but herbs will only grow according to the Conway patterns on certain levels, where herbs have already grown.

I once planted a 3 herb triangle, hoping for it to turn into a square, in the outlaw village and watered, they turned into herbs alright, but they never grew anymore. I ended up just picking them to death.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: