Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / need some help please

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Kender1
Registered user

Last page view:

6740 days, 15 hours, 26 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 at 16:38 (GMT -5)

Just got precrowned with hammer of the gods with my dwarven priest, which was nice, but on level 2 of the puppy cave i found a HUGE spellbook store. I bought both teleport (ethereal bridge) and wish (devine favor). My question is with the 250 pp casting cost for wish, is there any way to cast it earlier? I have about 90 HP and about 80 PP at level 9. Its the first time I've ever found a spellbook of wish, and I had to ask.

Thanks guys
Never share a foxhole with someone braver than you.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 at 18:45 (GMT -5)

I'm pretty sure you left out a zero in the casting cost there, so no. None but a few of the most powerfull level 50 characters will be eable to cast the spell and live.

Well if you scum enough you might be eable to cast it before level 50, but it would require superhuman patience and it would be faster to just level up. As a priest you get spellcasting discounts as a class power at scertain level intervals too.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6599 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 at 08:11 (GMT -5)

And as Jan have said, you need HUGE PP to cast wish, so I'm wondering why did you buy it so early? You'd better leaving it there for safety's sake and spend the money elsewhere. You did bought it, though.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

Well, I guess if there is one thing I know it is how to cast wish in ADOM :p If you are playing version 1.1. then casting wish is a cinch. Just get the Great Book Caster talent - by the time you reach level 50 (sometimes even earlier) you should be able to cast it. Remember, each HP is worth 2 PP (assuming you don't have enough PP). Assuming you need to boost HP and/or PP:

1. Eat relevant corpses.

2. Drink relevant potions.

3. Cast lots of spells to train mana (but not to the point where it drains health - that abuses mana).

4. Wear/equip relevant items (especially TotRR and, if necessary, the relevant chaos trinity items).

5. Abuse the elemental orb of mana (make sure you are wearing the elemental gauntlets while doing so - and have corruption-removing equipment/solutions available!)

That's all I can think of for now.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5738 days, 4 hours, 48 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 at 06:20 (GMT -5)

I believe that Divine Intervention is Wish, and Divine Favour (what you have) is Create Item. Certainly if the casting cost is only 250 pp it can't be Wish.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5799 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 at 09:15 (GMT -5)

Actzally, it's possible to cast Create Item on lvl20~.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 at 16:58 (GMT -5)

Technically you could cast wish at level 1. But I couldn't be bothered to try.
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5960 days, 13 hours and 51 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2005 at 03:32 (GMT -5)

Sure. And you technically can end game after directly killing only 1 monster - AnDy. You don't even need a Wish spellbook in that case.

BTW - simple Wish casting is not worth the while - statdrain makes it unreasonable. You can det a max of +6 to stats with a single wish (PoGA), and loose 10. Stuff yo ucan wish for by the time you can cast Wish is not worth attribute loss - all high level players are almost guaranteed to find at least one pair of 7LBs or a random wish from RoDS or WoWi. Rest of the 'wishable' items do not have such a big impact on the gameflow.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5114 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2005 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

I once had a game (as a wizard) where absolutely no source of wish was to be found (I needed the AoLS). Every pool was drained (with curse/doom removal immediately) and some 4000 gremlins were pickpocketed/killed in DH:2, all with no luck.

I really wanted an ultra (first timer) so I did not chat to Khelly. (I had already completed Gaab-Baay's chaotic quests and thereafter was crowned Lawful, so it was not possible to do any kind of special ending without saving Khelly)

I finally cast the wish (learned from spellbook in library) at level 28 or so (Silvernight). Used a bit of mana-battery wand-drain and blessed extra/ultra healing potions, and I finally got my AoLS.

By the way, this char never ever found another wish, and never found an AoLS later either. He did find every other item in the game several times over. Had a stash of 7LBs and rings of every kind.
sad the archer
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 at 07:56 (GMT -5)

can not create new topic :(
--
D48's slippery surface

How should i deal with it if even spiked boots do not prevent me from sneeze ?!
I can not move completely ! Teleport does not work. Fire spells do not affect the floor. I wish i could crawling on hands and knees !
Help !
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5738 days, 4 hours, 48 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 at 08:05 (GMT -5)

sad the archer, think of Newton's Third Law ("To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction") or of how rockets propel themselves when there's no friction and nothing to push against in space.

Spoiler

Throw useless stuff away to propel yourself across the level.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: