Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / greater moloch fig of power

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

melonhead
Registered user
The tasty

Last page view:

6659 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 at 20:22 (GMT -5)

...im a lvl 17 and just found a greater moloch fig of power..what should i do with it...?

To all things an end must come..yours will be swift im sure....
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 28 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 at 21:21 (GMT -5)

That depends. Blessed figurines when used create a "tame" version of the monster they depict. Having a greater moloc fight for you might come in handy.

Molocs are slow though, so they don't make the best pets (you have to keep waiting for them to catch up). But it could still be usefull to help deal with a particularly though greater vault or shopkeeprs or what not.

You could probably sell it for a tidy sum too, or if you feel up to it curse the figuring to create a hostile greater moloc and kill it for some exp.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6620 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 07:08 (GMT -5)

Are figs generated right next to your?
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 10:12 (GMT -5)

I have no idea what you just said...

Figurines of power are generated just like any other item, if that's what you mean.

A greater moloch? Yeah, I'm gonna say sell it or kill it. Molochs are really slow, which gets old fast with a pet. And once it gets hostile and "adjusts in power", you're dead...
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/5/2005 at 10:12 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1878 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 11:15 (GMT -5)

Why dont you bless it...( im not sure if Gms can swim.) leave it on the inner section of the BBN glade. cross the stream and kill it with missiles.

That way it is not hostile right next to you... adn assuming they can't swim, you will be safe
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5981 days, 15 hours, 3 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

I'd suggest blessing it and keeping it for D:50 :)Your friend if moving in front of you would provide some easy killing. I think it can defeat balor in meele, if balor doesn't flee. In any case, it would distract hits upon itself.

Powerfull famailiar on D:50, no matter speed is certainly a boon - he won't really leave you without XP if you're lvl already, or very close.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5820 days, 20 hours, 43 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

Nchurmdaz said it. Don't sell, gold doesn't really matter, cuz you can just kill the shopkeeper, and exp can be gained in other ways. But you won't find a GM pet again.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
melonhead
Registered user
The tasty

Last page view:

6659 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 at 17:32 (GMT -5)

alright thx for the tips guys..ill keep it safe for later use ;)
To all things an end must come..yours will be swift im sure....
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6620 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 at 08:09 (GMT -5)

With my question, I mean if you use the fig to make a moloch, and the moloch pop up right next to you like if you use RoDS or when the water element deliverer pop up, and then it is hostile... you go dodo.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 at 11:45 (GMT -5)

Nope. It will not have enough energy to attack. When it pops up you'll have right enough time to make one step away from it - afterwards it'll never chatch you.
Plus, pay attention, figurine must be *blessed*. I used myself an uncursed ancient red dragon figurine in MT, watched a neutral (not tame!) dragon fighting chaos servants and WMoPC for a while, and whaen I grew weary of wizards, made it hostile by improved fireball. Had to kill the beastie with an ice ball after that.
Blessed figurine will never give you a hostile companion. And there seems to be no fireball or alarm traps on D:50 to make 'em angry.
Anyway, if a char in question doesn't belong to spellcasters' bunch, having several powerfull pets on D:50 will be quite handy.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Portrait
Emerald
Registered user
AVID ADOM FAN

Last page view:

6726 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 at 14:46 (GMT -5)

Is it possible to wish for an UNDEAD QUICKLING LORD FIG of POW?
Waiting for Jade...
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 1 hour, 7 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

Are there undead quickling lords? Anyway, why wish for quickling lord figurines when you can have quickling KINGs? :) Anyway, though, I don't think you can wish for specific kinds of liches or zombies or whatever is undead (both figurines and the actual monster), if that's what you have in mind - emperor liches are available, though, unless I'm wrong, which is always possible.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 at 15:11 (GMT -5)

Emerald, just play a necromancer. Visit a tree, grab some corpses, frie them, and apply when necessary. I've read somewere, that quickling king lich is a really fearsome pet.
Ubi patria ibi bene!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/6/2005 at 15:13 (GMT -5) by Nchurmdaz]
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 at 15:43 (GMT -5)

It is posible to wish for undead (specific ones, like "emperor lich"), "quickling king", and "figurines" (not sure about the last one), but not at the same time, just like you cannot wish for a weapon with a prefix/suffix.
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 24 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 at 06:38 (GMT -5)

You can wish for lichs, master lichs, emperor lichs and so on but you can't wish for goblin rockthrower zombies, orc scorcher skeletons, quickling lichs and the like.

Also you can wish for figs of power but not ancient karmic dragon figs of power.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: