Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / filk

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

lostpasword
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2001 at 01:20 (GMT -5)

i've killed my first monster tons of times and i don't want to search out each level on the ID for that little fucker, this is the first time i've even tried. will he be near the stairs or something or is it a major pain in the ass?

also, if you started your game with no characters in the hof can you go to the bug palace?
Madman
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2001 at 12:50 (GMT -5)

IIRC you cant go to the bugplace.You need at least 2-3 chars in the high scores.Jus start a few chars and 'Q'uit the game.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2001 at 22:27 (GMT -5)

You don't have to actualy have any characters IN the hof, you just have to have started at least 2 characters with your current adom version before it will let you in or something like that.

The game count games played, not score entries.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5802 days, 8 hours, 35 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2001 at 23:35 (GMT -5)

And yes to find filk, without knowing how many first kills you've made you will have to search every level, he can be anywhere on the levels.

Wands/Scrolls of monster detection would be your friend if you attempt this. Magic mapping would be rather handy also.

It's probably not worth going down to get him though if you don't know how many kills, and think that you've killed him shitloads. You'll be goin' down a shitload of levels.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Madman
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2001 at 05:49 (GMT -5)

And the id at deeper levels can be a pain.

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 06:43 (GMT -5)

yeah GM's keep appearing. i got the courage skill after i got crowned in the puppy cave so i know he's at least level 100.. it's a shame really, i was going for an ultra ending so i picked dwarven ranger which is easy in my opinion, but that's just too much. i started a bard character.

later
Bards
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 06:46 (GMT -5)

Get yerself a giant boar for your pet, they are well hard.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 02:17 (GMT -5)

With magic map + teleport spells and control you could manage it.

I picture you getting 10 corruptions max. And if you have the 25 magic map scrolls from bugville, and don't start using them until very late level. Wands/scrolls of teleportation + booze (from the beggars too) would help.

Remember if you're going for an ultra ending the white unicorn rewards can be used before the final dive. Save ur scrolls/potions.

All this is assuming you know how many first kills you've made.

Adomer from Australia.

Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7623 days, 15 hours, 49 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

what so hard about GMs? they way too easy, as is EM...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8010 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

i took out the em with my bard and blessed trident, i had to use darkness though he's pert darn strong
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 18:44 (GMT -5)

They're all very easy, until they adjust in power, they then have the same speed as you.

Adomer from Australia.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5635 days, 7 hours, 47 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 23:18 (GMT -5)

y'know what'd be funny, is if your first kill was like (somehow) a greater molotch. not likely, but would be hilarious. be about impossible to do the old barbarian quest within a reasonable amount of time.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7871 days, 3 hours and 10 minutes ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 14:02 (GMT -5)

Nah, just wish for emperor moloch once or twice and the old barbarian quest is done. :)

Locke Cole
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 14:44 (GMT -5)

It would be worse (with the barbarian quest in mind) if your first kill is one of these: sheriff, raider lord, crime lord, mad-doctor, master thief, half-orc bouncer or cloaked ratling (all of wish is easy enough for a spellcaster or archer to do).

Though Filk would be easy enough to find :)

IMHO Gremlins are almost the prefect first kill. Quite rare in most dungeons, so unless you are real unlucky you can find Filk real fast, and then it's not a problem to complete the barbarian quest afterwards. Just drop by the gremlin cave. IIRC there is almost always a gremlin in the SMC somewhere so it's quite possible do pull off too...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 23:33 (GMT -5)

Best first kill = Mugger.

They don't load in dungeons, and you can make them load on and off, at will, by killing everything (ie beggars, cutpurses, assassins, muggers, outlaws and bandits) in holeinthewall and leaving, reentering (spawning new monsters) and repeating.

In this fashion you can control it so that you only kill 21 muggers during the game.

Those going for an ultra ending have to go chaotic at some point, so killing beggars won't hurt too much.

Also gremlins could be a problem when going for the phial. Valuable artefact for an ultra ending, and the guaranteed climbing set will also be handy.

Adomer from Australia.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: