Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / pilfering shops

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

anonymous
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 at 21:03 (GMT -5)

I *unintentionally* stole SLB from the HMV shop. But am having a REALLY hard time pilfering a shop of a RoDS 2 levels below the Animated Forest w/o being noticed as i walk out the door. So I ended up just getting noticed and killing the shopkeeper. Is there any tips for the next time I find a shop with a RoDS or anything else useful?
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3593 days, 10 hours, 11 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 03:30 (GMT -5)

yeah, get your stealth high high, get invisible, and move directly to the RoDS, don't fool around the shop..
For the Horde!
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 05:11 (GMT -5)

Do you have a pick-axe/wand of digging? If so, just kick-pilfer whatever you want!
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 7 hours, 47 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 08:22 (GMT -5)

That doesn't work Gozer, some mystical force will prevent the kick. I just tested.

Edit: I assume you mean dropping unpaid items on
the door square and then kicking them out from inside the shop? Yeah, I did that and it didn't work.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/11/2005 at 08:24 (GMT -5) by Echo]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

If your speed is very, very high and you wear blessed 7lbs, make a pile with the things you want to erm "borrow", and then take them... If everything goes right, you should be able to get out of the shop before the shopkeeper blocks the door...it worked in gamma 16..
For the Horde!
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 16:38 (GMT -5)

Echo: kick-pilfering is when you dig open part of the shop wall (pick-axe, wand of digging, monk kick) and kick the stuff that you want through the hole that you made.
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 7 hours, 47 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 17:10 (GMT -5)

To the best of my knowledge shop walls can't be digged by oh well I may be wrong
anonymous
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

you don't need high speed if you are invisible to pilfer things. if the shopkeeper doesn't show the "NAME stares at your position with great intensity" he won't block the door. however, if you don't get a message that tells you that you broke a law, the shopkeeper will follow you out and try to kill you. Ill try the kick-pilfering though. I am a save-scummer so I can experiment alot. Just one question with the kick-pilfering. Aren't shop walls un-diggable?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 16 hours, 33 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 19:11 (GMT -5)

You can't kick things in a shop.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
anonymous
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 19:28 (GMT -5)

also, I am a dwarvish archer and the (now dead) shopkeeper was orcish. otherwise i would have bought the RoDS. I wonder if you could sell an artifact to the HMV shop and then steal it back. Then sell it again... and then get postcrowned...
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4949 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 23:27 (GMT -5)

Actually, you can. Just play a thief at a high enough level, and you won't even have to bother wit invisibility and all that.

Class powers rock!
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6620 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 04:41 (GMT -5)

Maybe, as long as you dont have to run thru long, long corridors to reach the shop. You know what I mean ;)
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3892 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 09:48 (GMT -5)

Shop walls cannot be dug, but they can be destroyed with WoD
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/12/2005 at 09:48 (GMT -5) by Morio]
anonymous
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 17:58 (GMT -5)

how much of a chance do you have to destroy items with WoD? how many squares away should you stand? do diagonals count as 1 or two squares?
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2005 at 06:59 (GMT -5)

#######
#=?=?=#
#=?=?=#
####### --- here.---
Let's say that this is the shop you're planning to rob.. I think you could use the WoD on the lower walls of the shop.
it wouldn't damage any stuff since it does not have a radius, like a wand of fireball

For the Horde!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/13/2005 at 07:02 (GMT -5) by Mewto]
Yosarian
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 at 18:01 (GMT -5)

I have managed to steal from stores by having a pet stand in the doorway, and then I just strolled right out with stuff. I can't seem to do it consistantly, sometimes the storekeeper's just too smart, but it does sometimes work, especally with multiple zombies if you place them right.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4949 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 at 00:07 (GMT -5)

Of course, the shopkeeper *will* summon thugs and go berserk on you if you do - but it works, you get away with the stuff. Especially if you steal a wand of teleportation...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3892 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 at 08:51 (GMT -5)

If you steal a wand of teleport you could use right away and not use any pets
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5469 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

Any means of teleport and teleport control is garenteed to make a succesful steal, but the shoppkeeper WILL notice you and try to kill you if you don't have another trick up your sleeve.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: