Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Nafteghef the Barbarian.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 19 hours, 34 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 14:07 (GMT -5)

For archers, as for spellcasters, spear + shield is the best option. Whip + shield also works well for DV if you have the patience to train it up - only problem is that all whips burn.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

The only opponent you won't be able to kill with your arrows or quarrels are those with very high PV - and for those you'll probably need a phase dagger. Can't hurt to be well-trained in using it, right? That's what I meant with daggers being the "perfect" weapon class for archers.

Fighters or barbarians will rely on hard-hitting weapons for killing their opponents, and train whatever weapon class they find a kickass artifact weapon in - of course they don't have time for training pesky dagger skills.

I didn't think of the spear + shield combo at first - that combination won't help you kill high-PV monsters, though. It will, however, help you not to get killed by them, I'll grant you that ;)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 15 hours, 4 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

Silfir - getting orcish spears of penetration is a lot more likely for an archer with high alertness, then getting a phase dagger. ;)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 18:18 (GMT -5)

Huh. Really?

Should better go check up on my ADOMaths.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
maasto
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 18:25 (GMT -5)

I've got the skullcrusher from an ogre magi guardian, so nope, they aren't bonded to griffons :<
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 15 hours, 4 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 18:57 (GMT -5)

Yeah - each hill orc patrol equals to about 7 orcish spears generated, if you make them throw. Also, every orc... something (the normal orc encounter) has about 3 or 4 orc scorchers, which also throw spears.
It's just a matter of time before you get the right spear generated.
This is even easier with battle axes, since gnolls have their own vaults and travel in really huge groups in the wilderness, but axes don't grant the DV ;)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 20:29 (GMT -5)

Anything with high PV will have its own particular slaying ammo - demon, golem, etc. And there's always the chance of getting arrows of slaying or of penetration. I would personally not risk using a comparitively flimsy archer meleeing with a dagger against a monster with high PV. Generally high PV have further connotations, such as high HP (takes a long time to kill it) and high damage (takes a short time to kill you).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 at 09:21 (GMT -5)

I just killed the emperor moloch with arrows of slaying with my wizard, so I bet an archers could do that too. I managed that by having level 10 bow skill and very high dexirity from the many poga he made.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 at 09:32 (GMT -5)

Blessed arrows cause 1.5 times damage against demons and undead, so it can be pretty quick to kill the emperor moloch and other big baddies with blssed arrows of slaying or demon slaying.
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

5761 days, 11 hours, 4 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 at 14:37 (GMT -5)

imho every char should train daggers as when it comes 2 obtaining phase ones the game goes on *much* easier

also there's a plenty of different artifact daggers that can be comboed for some decent benefits (2WC is a guaranteed skill and it's trained rather easily)

and do i really have 2 mention Needle,n,Sting?=)
All roads lead to chaos, in the end.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/20/2006 at 14:42 (GMT -5) by FUNKtional Key]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

Weapons of penetration, artifacts, and slaying arrows are all much better options, in my opinion. And although none are guaranteed, the chance of getting to the stage where you find phase daggers or Needle & Sting without finding any ofthe above is very low.
Arche
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 22:29 (GMT -5)

I was killed by a named acid vortex in the Tomb of the High Kings.

>.<
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: