Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Precrown?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

I am a lvl 9 lawful dwarvish paladin in the PC. The puppy died right after I got to PC:6 even though I was on time. Nearly died from ocher jellies. went back to terinyo for food and then retuned to sac the anthive on PC:2 at a lawful alter on PC:1 also saced a mixed tention room. then on PC:3 or 4 will have to check, i converted a newtral alter to lawful and sacced a rat tention room and am now at "extremly close". Should I go ahead and precrown or wait until L+ to crown? How much harder is crowing going to be if i do precrown?

thanks,

-F50
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/2/2005 at 19:04 (GMT -5) by F50]
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6122 days, 19 hours, 1 minute and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 at 20:46 (GMT -5)

get the pre-crown! then sac gold/other artifacts/items or what ever, it shouldn't be that hard
*<< Words go here >>*
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 at 21:14 (GMT -5)

Well, I took the pre-crown it was a weapon of my own chosen type, Executor, the jet-black battle axe. Killing is so much easier and tough monsters like oger-magi are humanoid, and will die quickly to the axe. Too bad it curses, but with fate-smiles, lucky and a great weapon it should be no problem.

Hotzenplots went down easily in melee without even scoring a hit because he was critically wounded and frightened after the first hit!
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/2/2005 at 21:38 (GMT -5) by F50]
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5986 days, 5 hours, 1 minute and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 at 04:44 (GMT -5)

I'd reccomend allways getting precrowned first - this way you keep all '3 level' slots free for precrowns.
And if you decide to get crowned first, then you'll have to wait for another 3 levels, and that sucks. It might result in a permanent loos of chance for precrowning if to consider Pyramid, Dwarven Graveyard, Si, Moonsickle, Gladius, Big Punch.. Too many guaranteed artifacts require *or* carefull approach to ther gereration via skipping it, *or* getting three precrowns by lvl 14 while still staying in artifact-free areas, crowning afterwards.

However, if you whant ultra-Ending, crwoning has to be forgotten untill you are lvl 45-50
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Vizamar
Registered user

Last page view:

6714 days, 1 hour and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

I'm having trouble getting precrowned. It seems like I never sac enough. Can someone tell me approximately how much gold or items (or monsters >:D) I need around level 9-11?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

I always do monsters, or if I have a farm, blessed stomofillia.

L precrowns are easy, you can sac anything.

Dig out a level with an altar to get more stuff to sac.

It takes a while, I dont think I count too much. 50 monsters, mabye?
Vizamar
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

Ok that's a good number for monsters. How about gold?
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5986 days, 5 hours, 1 minute and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 at 14:17 (GMT -5)

Someone did a research on this topic - the number appeared to be constant - 100.000 gp.
First postcrown - 40.000

Yet still, if you have high monster generation - like an altar in a cave - YESS! - you'd better use monsters. If not in a cave - put on Black Torc, something dooming, eat puppy's corpse read scrolls of danger, make broader passages, and THEY WILL COME!

..Just to be mercilessly sacked by you, though.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 at 18:25 (GMT -5)

Be careful, undead and unlife(constructs) are some of the tougher monsters in this stage and they cannot be sacced! Ants also seem to make good sacs if you are in the puppy cave.

-Maelstrom
BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

6330 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 at 21:22 (GMT -5)

If you want more out of what you sacrifice you can read the scroll of danger (unless ur going for Ultra Endings or Chaos god ending) to increase the danger level. Monsters are tougher but u'll get higher piety for saccing them.
Vizamar
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 at 17:46 (GMT -5)

100k? Didn't know it was that much. That's why I haven't been able to get precrowned. Is sac'ing monsters the best way to do it or is there another way which isn't so time consuming.

I'm willing to put in some effort I'm just not sure what to do. Thanks!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 23 hours, 7 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

Food is another good one--blessed stomafillia works. Monsters, gold, or food...
Die Gedanken sind Frei
n/a
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

What about items certain race gods like? Like stones for trolls? Do they work better then live sacrifices?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 at 17:58 (GMT -5)

Nah, they're not really worth bothering with to behonest, unless you're a dwarf (saccing gold works wonders then). Live sacs are still by far the best way to get your piety up.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Pepr
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 at 02:22 (GMT -5)

Question about (pre)crowning vs. ultraending(ava. of balance):
1)If i understand it right I have to wait with crowning till I get Med.ofCH., but I can be precrowned without limitations??
2)I can get crowning asap i collect and give all. stuff to demented and Gaab. Which I assume can be much earlier than lev 45-50 as someone stated above...?
Thanx fo answer.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3896 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 at 04:08 (GMT -5)

1) True
2) Also true
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

Regarding (2) . . . someone correct me if I am wrong, but if going for a chaotic ultra ending then you need to wait until at least 45 (to turn chaotic after getting the TotRR - Khelevastar won't give it to chaotics, and you need to be at least level 45 to get the quest from the assassin prince). However, if you are going for a neutral or lawful ultra ending then you should be able to get crowned as soon as you have satisfied the ratling and the old crone (and raised your alignment of course).
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3896 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

Gozer, you are absolutely right. When getting an UCG ending, you must get the TorTT before getting crowned
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: