Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Killing with the Banshee

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jules
Registered user

Last page view:

4743 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 at 04:38 (GMT -5)

I've just lured the Banshee to the forrest level, and I'm collecting lots of goodies in the ensuing massacre.
However how useful is the Banshee in the temples, ie could she wipe out everything for me, or does the game prevent this.
I cant imagine her passing the eternal guardian / wall of flames, but between now and when I need to go that deep, she seems like a good way of disposing of anything dangerous.
Only draw back is I dont get the experience, but you cant have everything.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 at 06:10 (GMT -5)

You won't be able to get her past D:48, that's the least I can say for sure.

I also do not know whether she will be of help in the Water Temple. She probably won't survive traveling through the ToEF to the Fire Temple, though.

Also, the eternal guardian. Will she kill him and all the others, and will this make him hostile towards the PC?

Beware, however... She will become hella powerful, and you will stay weak, which does not bode well as far as completing D:50 goes. If you want my advice, kill her while you still can...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5960 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 at 11:34 (GMT -5)

Or lock her till you can kill her even at her level 110.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5586 days, 2 hours, 41 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 at 01:52 (GMT -5)

She could be useful against orb guardians, though, supposing they are vulnerable to her scream. If one had spare wishes when tackling the mana temple, for instance. Or how about a figurine of banshee ?

Has anyone tried if the orb guardians are vulnerable to banshees scream anyway ? I guess it would be easily tested with WADOMF or something like that.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6097 days, 23 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 at 04:04 (GMT -5)

Ive tried using the Banshee on d50> I know it kills the chaos mutants/warriors/wizards, but not the ghost lords,(of course) but i cant remember if it kills the Balors or not.

it should kill almost everything in the manstemple tho, although im sure Tb would have made them immune to a banshee

Re/ the ani-trees, how would the banshee kill them? it seems a bit weird seeming as trees shouldnt have ears :)
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 18 hours, 1 minute and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 at 08:49 (GMT -5)

*Chaos Muffin*: "Re/ the ani-trees, how would the banshee kill them? it seems a bit weird seeming as trees shouldnt have ears :)"

Also trees shouldn't be able to move, see or attack anyone :)
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Knud
Registered user
non-ghost librarian

Last page view:

5656 days, 22 hours, 44 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 at 10:36 (GMT -5)

Morio: Let alone carry around tons of gold, swords and plate mails...

I don't have any problems with potions of water though. Fertilizer can be hard to come by deep down in a dungeon.
You know you've played too much ADOM when you try to throw coins at people wearing similar clothes as yourself.
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6097 days, 23 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

The swords and armour and stuff would be from luckless adventures corpses stuck in the trees :)
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 18 hours, 1 minute and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 at 13:52 (GMT -5)

Back to the topic, also all elementals are immune to the banshees vail. Also I think atleast the SFB should be immune to it (snakes are deaf aren't they?). My guess is that all the orb guardians are immune to it
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
ShrugOffBolts
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 22:45 (GMT -5)

Anything that can shrug off bolts is immune to the Banshee's wail. That includes all guardians and elementals.
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6599 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 at 03:26 (GMT -5)

Not really, titans could be killed by them easily for instant
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: