Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Making ADoM a Christian Game

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

MHJ
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 at 17:08 (GMT -5)

It's very simple: Open executeable in hexeditor and replace all "Istaria" with "Jesus ". Now play a male, human priest and, ofcourse, refrain from using occult spells/wands/enchanted items. This is how ADoM is being used as a combat simulation by True Christians.
melonhead
Registered user
The tasty

Last page view:

6664 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

HHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHH
To all things an end must come..yours will be swift im sure....
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6122 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 at 17:32 (GMT -5)

You could be a paladin as well, a holy knight of the crusades ;)
*<< Words go here >>*
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6625 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 05:11 (GMT -5)

Can any1 sample an occurance of the change? I dont have hexeditor.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3575 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 11:51 (GMT -5)

Jesus has set us free from our sins, there is no need for sacrifices no more. Our Lord Jesus died for us. Praised be His and God the Father's name now and forever!!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3896 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 13:23 (GMT -5)

Echo, could you please stop posting that Jesus stuff stuff in every thread. We get it you believe in all that stuff, and want everyone else to believe in it too, but that will never happen.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4066 days, 13 hours, 17 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 16:28 (GMT -5)

This time it was at least roughly on topic.

However, yeah. Stop it. Stop it or be devoured by the One Who Rages.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3597 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 16:37 (GMT -5)

lol. Now I wasn't :D
For the Horde!
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5986 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 06:38 (GMT -5)

Ah, Mewto, you have a very lovely avatar. Did you know that russian eastern prtjodox chirch unofficially considers Harry Potter to be spawn of darkness worshiping Satan?

In addition - if one 's gonna make a 'christian combat simulator', he really should avoid sacing creatures at altar. However, sacing gold and items would me much the like 'ChUrCh DoNaTiOn', which those greedy piggies like so much, they couldn't hide a bright glow in the eyes when they finally get it.
Me's talking about a mentioned russian orthodoxy, sure. They never bother themselves with normal charity, ond work only to stuff their monk's bellies with the excess of food.
Ubi patria ibi bene!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/26/2005 at 06:41 (GMT -5) by Nchurmdaz]
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3575 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

"Ah, Mewto, you have a very lovely avatar. Did you know that russian eastern prtjodox chirch unofficially considers Harry Potter to be spawn of darkness worshiping Satan?"

http://www.exodus2006.com/fab/potter.htm
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

Echo, seriously, stop posting those bible codes, as already said in many threads, you can find pretty much anything when you read the bible "properly" and also, once again, I'm pretty sure those were found after the Harry potter books were published. I have nothing against you believing in that, but the majority on these forums don't seem to believe like you, so just stop it!
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/26/2005 at 09:02 (GMT -5) by Morio]
MHJ
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

Please, Morio, let us christians have our faith in peace- do not mock and spot.

--
I guess that paladin or monk would be another option, I just have to look into the origin of the word paladin, it sounds awfully heathen. A shame "paladin" can't be easely replaced with "Crusader"
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 14:34 (GMT -5)

Echo, if you don't stop posting these things everywhere, I will start considering them spam and delete them with impunity.

Look, I'm a Christian, too; but there's a difference between telling people what you believe and just being annoying. Same goes for agnostics or Muslims or anyone with an opinion--which is anyone who isn't brain-dead.

You might think someone is wrong; and you might even be right. That doesn't mean you don't have to respect their opinions; because we are all fallible humans, and even at our best, we ourselves might be wrong.

Respect others, please. Keep the forum threads on-topic. And, for the love of all that is chocolate-covered, stop being so darned annoying!!
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 14:40 (GMT -5)

Echo, MHJ, I don't mean to offend you or your beliefs in any way
MHJ
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

No offence taken. Though I wish for a more tolerant atmosphere- after all, we are only trying to discuss ADoM in a christian contexts here, and yet atheists can't accept the mere precence of that idea.
mhj
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 at 03:35 (GMT -5)

Apparently, a paladin was a knight, defender of the weak and a quite lawfull character in the mediecal ages of latin Europe, though it doesn't seem like he was a strictly christian fighter. Better play a priest then. Or Play monk with quaterstaff. A unarmed fighting monk would seem quite heathen, so it's best to not use that skill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

-

I would like to see a Christian ADoM victory. I.e. Without magic, must have very high piety, but not so much it says "He was a messiah of Jesus", only Jesus is messiah!!
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6625 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

This is the third post on this topic, still unresolved:

Can any1 sample an occurance of the change? I dont have hexeditor.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 09:57 (GMT -5)

Well, make up a challenge game and post it!! Make sure it isn't identical to Atheist Man, though.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Ethan
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

Iridia I have read about 5 posts max on here for ADOM. Not once have I been upset by anything you've had to say and have found most of your posts helpful, but It's not right that I see evolution pushed down everyone's throat or even atheism for that matter but when a christian brother decides he wants others to see the words that are emanating from his soul he gets cut down. Yet the question still remains. Why when we make no effort to push away your beliefs, must you persecute us for ours and tell us we are wrong or that you don't want to hear about it? Get your head straight and realize not everyone in the world is like you. Have a pleasant day, GOD be with you.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: