Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Mindcrafter Strategies

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

6325 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 at 22:29 (GMT -5)

My Drakling Mindcrafter has reached experience level 12, farthest I've gone with a mindcrafter. I have done the carpenter's quest and got healing already (Good thing Yrrigs was generated at speed 92). Missed the chance for finding Kranach because I got out of the VD at experience level 7. Puppy has generated a corpse since it was already 5 days when I reached the cave. I'm now the member of the Thieves Guild and got the Detect Traps skill. I'm wondering now what is the best strategy now for my mindcrafter. I'm thinking of entering the CoC and trying to go as deep as possible, but a big obstacle would be the Dwarven Graveyard. I have not seen a generated Altar yet so I didn't got any artifacts yet from crowning and it'll take time for me to build up enough peity to use some prayers. I can't use the same strategy as I used as my other characters that passed the graveyard as they were mostly prepared Palidans and Wizards. I have gotten a lot of potions so far, including Invisiblity potions. Pick axe was also found so I can get the Sword of Nonnak, but the Elemental Gauntlets would be a problem. Can someone help me with this?
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6117 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

Have you gone through the Ud? thats good for finding shops and good items, those potions of Invisibility will help you get to the downstairs, and you can up some skills in preperation to the Graveyard, remember that blessed weapons should do an extra 50% damage to undead
*<< Words go here >>*
BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 12:07 (GMT -5)

Thanks *Chaos Muffin*, I've gone through the UD now and I think it was a good choice. Found a Neutral Altar so no I can sac stuff for increased peity and can now bless water into holy water. Found an Elven Chain Mail, it helps a lot with its +5 PV and only weighs 10 stones. i've increased my level to 13 and I got a papyrus scroll for the pyramid. Currently got 4k gold coins. One point where I thought I would die was when I accidentally kicked a bee hive, a lot of bees came, was posion resistant but I knew I can't last too long. The potions of invisility helped me back up to a room, unfortunatly got no exits other than the way I came in. There was a grey pool in that room but don't want to take the big risk now. Then I realized that I was a drakeling, and they always start with a music skill, and fortunatly I got a lute in my inventory. I had calm some bees down and some tamed and they started attacking each other. Once I had confused them all I made a dash for the downstairs and made it. Another place when I thought I would die is at HMV where the Giant Stone Lord was generated. I thought that they don't have brains so I ran for it. gone into Leggot's shop but was attacked by a mimic, dealt with it quickly but I was cornered by the Stone lord. Made a dash outside but it was on my tail, then when it seemed hopeless I invoked a Confusion Blast, and then it was confused. Great lesson learned there, but it was able to escape, so no xp.

Edit: Also I got an uncursed spear of the sun (+1, 1d8), YAY!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/25/2005 at 14:37 (GMT -5) by BattleAxe]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

Confuse, then mind blast it. No worry there.

Never forget confusion, good against dragons and other breathing monster.

If you get (pre)crowned with a good weapon, you gonna win :).

You could try to grab the teleport wand (or get teleportitis by eating a certain corpse, and go to darkforge to check out weapons and armor there.

But precrown should be first priority. Go to arena in CoC, and buy the lizards.
BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 18:50 (GMT -5)

I'm level 15 now, so (pre)crowning is getting harder now. I got a pick axe so I should try getting the wand of teleportation, so then I can to into the Dwarven Mystic's room.
Bolto
Registered user

Last page view:

6090 days, 1 hour, 40 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 01:19 (GMT -5)

What are you going for? The chaos resistance scrolls or rolf's companion. If you are desperate for a decent weapon rolf's companion can serve you well and if you get some skills in it you can beat the graveyard with it. My winning mindcrafter used rolf's companion for the entire game but really couldn't find anything better and executor got generated in the greater undead vault. Meh though if you don't find any devastation or pentrating or good arifact weapons by graveyard remember that rolf's companion can be an option
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 01:42 (GMT -5)

The Spear of the sun being blessed, combined with a good shield should be able to handle the graveyard> any scrolls of increase melee damage/accuracy added to the spear would be handy as well
*<< Words go here >>*
BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 15:51 (GMT -5)

Things are starting to get good with this Mindcrafter, its more stronger than I thought at first. I have gotten a Wand of Teleportation from the VDDL. It started out blessed with 0 charges but had 6 potions of booze, enough to recharge it for a while. It helped a lot, especially the pyramid and the animated forest. The mummy lord was simple, only took 2 fireballs to kill him and used the wand of teleportation to get out of the crowd after getting the artifacts. Ogre cave was very simple due to an altar generated there, sacced the ogres (except the Ogre magi) and a gnoll tension room and I got a ring of invisiblity from Waldenbrook's, boost my standing to very close. Champion of Arena was easy and kept the Golden Gladius for my main weapon, sacced the greater daemon, boost standing to absolutely close! I think I'm prepared for the Dwarven Graveyard and a (pre)crown now.
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 16:50 (GMT -5)

Although i think that the Golden Gladius has heaps of style, try talking to Bart, the old Gladiator in Dwarf town, you can trade the Gladius for Two Weapon combat, backstabbing, Tactics (a good skill) and he'll train up your weapon skills as well> this will make you more formidable in combat
*<< Words go here >>*
BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 19:37 (GMT -5)

Well, I did got crowned (dunno if its a precrown though, N= alignment so I doubt it) but I didn't get a good weapon, instead I got the robes of resistance and shock immunity! (not bad)
Edit: Also got the amulet of balance, don't know if all champions of balance get this.
Edit2: Dwarven graveyard was easy, with my wand of teleportation I could get in quick, pour some holy water in the grave, dig up the sword and get the elemental gauntlets, I didn't kill bone golem but just teleported to the gauntlets, Nonnak fell easily from the wands of fireballs, also traded the Golden Gladius for training since now I have the Sword of Nonnak. Thanks for all the help!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/27/2005 at 10:30 (GMT -5) by BattleAxe]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: