Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / limitless rations

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7775 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 14:46 (GMT -5)

I was strained!,hungry and buying food at munxip. On the floor lay heap of 3 large rations and i was strained! i picked it up adom asked how many(enter=6) I typed 22 and then : you pick the cheap of 22 large rations you are crushed by tonns of lugage.after that i died and i had all that rations in inventory !!!!!!

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7921 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 15:29 (GMT -5)

cool, I'll have to try that. What version are you playing? I'm surprised no one would catch that bug.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 20 hours, 7 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 21:14 (GMT -5)

I think I've seen it reported before somewhere...

It's pretty hard to abuse though because that particular prompt only apear if you are trying to pick up a pile of itendical items that you can't carry without getting overburdened, and if you over-do it you end up crushed...

If you want to cheat I know of a much easier way to duplicate any item you have handy. In fact you can duplicate ANYTHING that way (kill the Ancient Karmic Whyrm a dozen times or drain the darkforge pools over and over and over...), it's the next best thing to a savegame editor... Can be fun for about 5 minutes, and then you loose interest. Usefull for experimenting one in a while though...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7921 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 21:58 (GMT -5)

*ears perk up*

And what would this way be? :-)

-Amanda, biggest ADOM cheater ever

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 20 hours, 7 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

Oh, did I forget to mention how? >:->

Just don't forget the HOF policy on cheated characters...

Spoiler
While you play adom store each level you have visited (except ID levels) in a seperate file in your .../adom/adom_dat/tempdat/ folder, with names like "adtl04_1", "adtl05_1" and so on. Each file represent a dungeon level complete with all items, monsetsr and dungeon features (such as special one-shot room effects).

To abuse this feature simply tell your OS to sort the files after theyr date, now the last level you left will be at the top (or bottom, depending on sort mode) of the list. So simply drop the items you want to duplicate, leave the level, make a backup of the apropriate file, enter the level, puck up your stuff (and do whatever else you want to), leave the level again, copy your backup file back into the tempdat folder, overwriting the new one that just got created, enter the level again, and everything will be back like it was when you backed up the file. All the items you just picked up will be back on the floor for you to pick up again, all monsters and dungeon features are also back the way they where and so on...

In other words you can go back and pick up the same item, kill the same monster or benefit from the same room as many times as you like, just keep leaving the level and overwrite the updated temp file with the one you backed up before you picked up or killed the stuff you want to duplicate.

I also noticed that you can "switch off" wilderness encounters by replacing the wilderness temp file with another one (just re-name some other file and overwrite the original). Keep a back up of the original if you want to switch them back on though...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
lostpasword
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 09:49 (GMT -5)

why's the screen black i can't read it?
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 10:58 (GMT -5)

spoiler tags; just drag your mouse all over teh box.

ivan.sourceforge.net
lostpasword
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 13:36 (GMT -5)

neat trick jan, you can also leave items to other games. i left a leather cap in terinyo from the character i'm on lvl 50 with to a level 1 newbie. the town has the same look but you can still get all the quests right off the bat so it's cool as shit. hell you could start your character off with ToRR, heh...

btw, this was my first character to get ToRR and kelly mentioned something about the crumpled scroll being the scroll everyone was confusin with SoO. anyone else get that?
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7775 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

He says its a fools legend.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: