Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Help with Weird Crash :(

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Fury
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

I scrolled through the posts looking for this topic but could not find it.

My character just randomly saves no matter what keystroke I enter. I load him up, go to move/attack/eat/cast spell...no matter what, the game saves. I can reload it and he has performed the last action, but this would be a frustrating way to win a game :)

Any other character I generate works fine, but this guy is bust. Any idea as to what I must do?

Thanks in advance.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3869 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

I'd say that character is screwed. That is a quite rare type of crash, but I'm sure it has been discussed on these forums. Anyway, I don't think there's anything you can do to save that charater
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3548 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 at 08:20 (GMT -5)

You must...

...extrerminate him.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5856 days, 2 hours and 7 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 at 00:36 (GMT -5)

Heh, that would look so suspicious...

"Whatshisface saved the world and became a great leader while saving himself 56293 times."
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Raffles
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 at 05:04 (GMT -5)

I had that type of crash with one of my characters, and it only occurred on one particular level. When I finally tried teleporting to the stairs down, the game crashed again, but when I restored the savegame and went down the stairs, everything was OK again. The same happened whenever I reentered that level, but that didn't stop my character from winning the game eventually.:)

Do you have any means of teleporting available?
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6598 days, 8 hours, 40 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 at 07:22 (GMT -5)

Even if you dont have tele (control) and are not in a dire circumstance, I wont find "104 crashes away your goal is lying." frustrating; especially if it's a promising char.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: