Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Ratling Traders

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Claudius
Registered user
The Exasperated Inarticulate

Last page view:

6671 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

The only cooked lizzard seller steped on. and died from a spear trap before I could buy any lizzards from him. They dont respawn do they? This sucks, gunna have to carry around crappy ass fried bats now. Got my first ever surge of power in the UD, scorched spear, and also found a crown of fire in the UD, so I dont wanna quit with this char. Also I got Luckily from a pool invisibility and nothing else. Looks like i wont be doing the arena.
Member of the AAA, Adom Adicts Anonymous.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/14/2005 at 21:07 (GMT -5) by Claudius]
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 at 16:36 (GMT -5)

AFAIK ratling traders don't respawn. However, no longer having access to cooked lizards is certainly no reason to quit - especially with a crown of fire and scorched spear! In nearly all of my games cooked lizards are just a stop-gap measure until I can harvest stomafilia.
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6122 days, 12 hours, 35 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 at 22:42 (GMT -5)

check out the HMV, occassionally in a game a ratling trader is pawned there> btw, whats your character?
*<< Words go here >>*
Claudius
Registered user
The Exasperated Inarticulate

Last page view:

6671 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 at 01:25 (GMT -5)

Ive played afew today, this one is a level 13 orc priest, born in raven, made a garden out of the big coc level using a pickaxe and wand of door creation so I dont have to worry about food now, but that annoyed me. The level was covered with green slimes and after a some turns to let the room I made fill I prayed so theyed stop breeding, killed 374 on that level. Farthest char ive gotten today, kinda sad. Got water breathing so i was gunna try for the rune covered trident probably after the pyramid.
Member of the AAA, Adom Adicts Anonymous.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/15/2005 at 01:27 (GMT -5) by Claudius]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5139 days, 13 hours, 51 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 at 06:52 (GMT -5)

Fried Bats arent that horrible either, just a bit more annoying that you have to eat 6 of them at a time and carry around a bit more weight.

I wonder if T.B. was in any way inspired by a certain Monthy Python sketch - where a chocolate manufacturer makes delicacies like "cockroach cluster", "crunchy frog" and "ram's bladder".

I mean, cooked lizard is the best food? And then Bat? I want to ask those ratlings "Why don't you make ordinary food instead?"
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6624 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

Bat and lizard coprses are more available in dungeons maybe ;)
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4953 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 at 03:33 (GMT -5)

Kinda hard to find a cow in ADOM; and when you do, they are more likely to chop your head off with an axe then to say 'Moooooo'.

So that rules out steak...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Toast
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 20:59 (GMT -5)

If I sell one to a store, will the storekeep stock it(recognize it as a new item and add this to the items he/she creates)?
Spartank
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 06:54 (GMT -5)

Shopkeepers only buy types of items they sell so the item you are selling could already generate naturally in the shop. This is Versio 111 knowledge so it might be different in 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: