Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Precrown?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

agrabah
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 at 07:46 (GMT -5)

I have this nice 16LVL High Elven Druid who has made it to Dwarftown, completed Thundarr's quests except for the demon and graveyard.

I have sacced a lot and now I get the message "Ayssia seems to be very close to you." What I would like to know is, should I try to get precrowned before I head for The Pyramid and Dwarven Graveyard. Or is it even possible for me to get precrowned at this stage?

The only artifacts generated so far are (as far as I know) si and golden gladius.

Thanks for your help.
BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

6304 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 at 08:51 (GMT -5)

If you completed Thundarr's second quest (the one which you need to travel the animated forest or the Dwarven Halls) then the Moon Sickle (artifact corrupting scythe) is also generated mostly in the level before you hit the stairs to the animated forest or Dwarven halls. Just a little side note here, but I think you can get a precrown now.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/3/2006 at 08:52 (GMT -5) by BattleAxe]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 5 hours, 27 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 at 10:32 (GMT -5)

be sure that you aren't of extreme alignment (L+, N=, C-) since that will give you a normal crowning, and alse, if you are getting a neutral precrown (which I guess you aren't, but anyway) you should be even more careful, since neutral altars can get you to N= and the game doesn't always show this, so before praying you should press Ctrl+R to redraw the screen (?).
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
agrabah
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 at 05:30 (GMT -5)

I didn't get the precrown, no matter how hard I tried. I sacced 50k gp in 2 phases but couldn't get the needed piety.

The character had a load of bad luck along with a tremendous load of good luck. I went down through DH in search for the Moon Sickle(didn't find it). The first turn in Dwarven Halls gives me the teleportation corrupt (no teleport control). The teleportation kicks in and throws me into the middle of a stone giant lord and an fomorian giant. I manage to kill the fomorian giant but that gives me a level, there goes my dreams of an ankh. Then I decide to go to HMV to find the SoCR there to get rid of my corruption. Outside the walls of HMV suddenly a cave tiger appears. I accidentially hit it and down the drain go the dreams of a RotMC(should learn to always use the (w)alk command). I get rid of my corruption with the scroll and decide to take on the dwarven graveyard next. In the underground level, in the pile of loot is a glowing wand. My first ever, with 2 charges! AoLS for Khelly! Yeehaw!
moonsickle
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

BattleAxe,
Moon Sickle is NOT guaranteed to be generated where you suggest. It can be generated anywhere between the dwarftown and the CoC graveyard (yes, it can be generated BELOW Khelly)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: