Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Filk showing up outdoors

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

foxhenchman
Registered user

Last page view:

6630 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 at 03:43 (GMT -5)

Well, I've been reading the posts since I discoverd this forum, and I know this isn't really new information, but I wanted to add my experience, too.

I'd just asked on another post about finding Filk, since I wasn't sure about my first kill. I never saw him in the ID, but when I surfaced I met him outside and he joined me. Someone had mentioned that he usually appears in the first room of the floor he's supposed to be on, but that didn't happen for me.

Now, I don't know if he will always appear outside if you passed him by, but he sure did for me. Too bad I lost Hawkslayer in the ID, he stil hasn't popped up and he's been down there for a long time.
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6097 days, 1 hour, 13 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 at 03:50 (GMT -5)

in older versions at least, ive met several of him in the wilderness... maybe hes so fast theres static images left behind? :p
*<< Words go here >>*
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5586 days, 3 hours, 31 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 at 07:26 (GMT -5)

Or perhaps he's not only fast in his movements and all those Filks you meet are not the original one...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 20 hours, 35 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 at 12:58 (GMT -5)

Man, it'd be terrible if quicklings (Filk in particular) could replicate as fast as battle bunnies...

I've had pets I've tamed in the ID suddenly appear as friends wanting to join me after I've left them far behind (I'm remember especially a crowned lawful character coming across a threat room of hostile white unicorns deep in the ID - thankfully music tamed them down but it made crossing the wilderness hell later on as I had to keep rejecting them from joining). Having a hostile character try to meet you in the wilderness is very strange indeed! I guess if you happen to go past his level in the ID you must flush him out into the wilderness and have to fight him there...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: