Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / this was nice

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7650 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 04:19 (GMT -5)

"You dip heap of 18 rings of searching into a blessed potion of exchange. [...] Due your surprise they slip from your hand. (more)
Heap of 18 rings of djinni summoning are lying here."

HEHEEeeeee! 18 wishes! + 3 RoDS I had before that = 21 wishes!!! You can guess if that char won the game (and still 12 RoDS were left, and one WoWi) His St was ~80 To ~70 Dx ~80 before 21 RoDS... so in the end that didn't matter... but it was damn nice to have 21 wishes!!heheeeee...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8038 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 04:46 (GMT -5)

yeah wishes are cool, the only thing is i end up wishing for the same thing each game and it gets boring. i always go for GoGS SLB RoI PoE(a must for bug temple) AoLS. it's really not too big of a deal anymore, i almost always find a WoW in SMC or the graveyard. wishes started to get kinda lame after you couldn't get but one PoGA, that's kinda a rip.

does anyone know how to wish for perception? i think the only potions are for boosting... that's the one "important" stat i sacrificed at the bug temple but i can't seem to raise it.
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8038 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 04:48 (GMT -5)

and where the hell did you get 18 rings of searching? lol
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

I had heap of 18 rings of [something], then after exchange trick I had 18 rings of damage, then of searching, and then... *laughs*
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7777 days, 29 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 13:30 (GMT -5)

Stas you lucky b******.
Wishing for perception?I'm not sure about this but I think it was something like "Alertness" or somethin.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 14 hours, 31 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 16:28 (GMT -5)

wishing for alertness boosts the PE stat...
usually when i get a wish i'll think about it for a while (have only gotten 2)... last time i wished for litericy so i could get rid of all my scrolls in a constructive manner. i was too impatient to wait until i got to DT.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5829 days, 15 hours, 18 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2001 at 18:35 (GMT -5)

Wow i didn't know you could dip more then 9 rings at once...

Hrmmm after testing it seems to be 19

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7898 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 13:57 (GMT -5)

I once used the PoEx trick successfully too. But I "only" got 14 RoDS. 14 RoDS are nice enough though. hehe

Locke Cole
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7777 days, 29 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 13:55 (GMT -5)

Hmm I always do the raw chaos thingy(lost a few chars to that).I use my PoE on cats.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 at 05:04 (GMT -5)

nah, cats are way too easy to evade... Besides, when you kill a (first) cat, chanse to generate the message ("cat's spirit bla bla") is something like 50%.. I once killed more than 10 cats before geting that message...

19 rings at once? only one ring more, and my record would be unbreakable ;) well, somebody has to beat my record: but use only totaly non-cheated characters, as I did :)
Lord of The Rings

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 14 hours, 31 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2001 at 15:52 (GMT -5)

just because you don't get the cat's spirit message doesn't mean that you aren't blamed. it just means you're too blind to see it. IIRC it's based on your PE skill wether you get the message or not, but wether you get it or not you can't get teh cat ring if you kill any cats.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7898 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 at 11:18 (GMT -5)

If you see the cat's spirit or not depends on either Perception score, as Duke said, or having luck and/or fate smiles. And as Duke also mentioned: It doesn't matter if you diden't see the spirit or not, the kill count. If you have any feline in your kill list, bye bye RoTMC.

Locke Cole
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 at 02:00 (GMT -5)

damn :( well, the only places where you can kill a cat is arena (no wands of trap creation) or Keethrax-place (being stuck between two cats - very nasty! :)...
Lord of The Rings

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: